SlingBox -Watch and control your favorite TV shows without using 2nd cable box

roseboy24

Slingbox.com - Slingbox

one of my friend using at his home ......enhanced cable tv /setup box without using 2nd cable /TATA sky box ...even watching TV /media box show on mobile (on WIFI or 3g )
anybody comment and light more on Slingbox solutions ....

do you mean I would not need a tatasky set top box if I use this? I am desperate to cut down on number of devices.

Hi Anm .

plaese check website for details , what i meant u cannot share one DTH skype to another room since they activated access card and device serial number but when u put Sling box input to DTH and output to TV ....and another Room connected with WIFI or cable Another Sling cather device then you can browse diffrent channel video streaming without adding DTH box to another room .......even without paying Rental for another room setup .

YouTube - Sling Media Support - Slingbox Setup Tutorial

ok sounds great technology wise. Maybe the saving in long run will outdo the monthly price of one extra set top box.
However, it adds one more device to the mix so one negative.

you can play your HD media contents .......with Slingbox ...add --WIFI Extender and connect Slingcather with HDMI cable directly tv for enjoying TV channel on another room.

do you mean I would not need a tatasky set top box if I use this? I am desperate to cut down on number of devices.

DTH->Slingbox
Slingbox ->TV
Slingbox->LAN/Internet ->All LAN/Internet devices.

The main purpose of slingbox is to enable you to watch your programs through the LAN or Internet because it broadcasts the program through its in-built server.
It doesn't even require the TV - merely output from the STB

Similar to Tatasky boxes, there can be only one DTH Channel at a time from a single box - if you want to watch two simultaneous programs in different TVs then the other program has to be through the regular cable/AV/DVD etc...

Watching in other room is under-utilising slingbox - it's actually designed for streaming to anywhere over the net. Needs about 512 kbps upload speed to get decent, freeze-free viewing.
Joshua

watching two simultaneous channels using single STB sounds technologically challenging to me. Somebody needs to process the signals. If slingbox can do that we can probably get rid of the STB :)

That is possible with Slingbox ...thats what iam saying everybody knows simple method ...DTH audio video out can show same chanel with runing on primary TV untill ...2 Dish /Rental paid ......with Sligbox extend 1 DTH box for watching XYZ channel even on 2nd room Tv ...thats the magic of Slingbox .

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back