SONY 32" S 550 - Bought it yesterday

vijai

Hi All,

After a long thought I bought the Sony KLV-32S550 yesterday. Though the price is kind of high I am completely happy with the performance. I was watching IPL final yesterday with Just Cable and I should admit that other tv's wouldn't have given me kind of PQ. I paid 40K which is fixed in all the shops who deals with Sony.

I thought of going for Samsung with Full HD but choose sony as my wife liked it very much.

I had the following in my list before choosing the sony S series.

1. PV8 - 45K from JD Electronics - Chennai.
2. Samsung LA32550P1 - 39K - Vasanth Co.
3. LGPQ60 - No demo available. Vasanth co said they can get it in a week. 43K.
4. Panasonic LE8 - 29 K. - Panasonic Brand Shop.

Hi All,

After a long thought I bought the Sony KLV-32S550 yesterday. Though the price is kind of high I am completely happy with the performance. I was watching IPL final yesterday with Just Cable and I should admit that other tv's wouldn't have given me kind of PQ. I paid 40K which is fixed in all the shops who deals with Sony.

I thought of going for Samsung with Full HD but choose sony as my wife liked it very much.

I had the following in my list before choosing the sony S series.

1. PV8 - 45K from JD Electronics - Chennai.
2. Samsung LA32550P1 - 39K - Vasanth Co.
3. LGPQ60 - No demo available. Vasanth co said they can get it in a week. 43K.
4. Panasonic LE8 - 29 K. - Panasonic Brand Shop.

Congratulations!

Please post your detailed experiences now that you have had the 32S550 for a few days. Is the BE3, really making a difference in viewing regular Tata Sky / DVDs SD content?

Any particular reason you decided not to go in for a 42" PV8 Plasma?

Yeah you should buy what seems good for you ..here if you buy anything other than PV8, there are a few members who don't fail to raise their eyebrows... it's not that easy to form a cult :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Well probably it depends on what suits the individual eye and where you are planning to use the set,

I am a lover of plasma and nothing can beat them, but when it comes to buying Tv's for living room or places which are brightly lit or for sizes smaller than 42" it is always better to go for LCD's.

Plasma's are best viewed in a home theater in darkness, that is when they really move you

Above is my personal opinion and may differ from other members here.

The forum members here do recommend Panny Plasmas as one after the other has tired, tested and bought them so the community has grown and the experience has been good ...

In the end you must buy what suits your eye and you like as you have to live with it ...

Congrats on your purchase & Happy viewing ...:clapping:

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back