Sony BDP-S1500 is half the price of Pioneer BDP180. Is it worth ???

I am planning to Buy this Model .One of the Dealer is offering me for 5500 / - Hope it is a good Deal .Require reviews on it . How is the features and performance when compared to other Make of this price segment .

I am planning to Buy this Model .One of the Dealer is offering me for 5500 / - Hope it is a good Deal .Require reviews on it . How is the features and performance when compared to other Make of this price segment .
I think it is, coz the review of Pioneer BDP 180 is kind of mixed bag some say good some say its not, i could not find an single Professional review about BDP 180 online if you could check about Sony there are couple,
As long as you gonna connect through HDMI to your receiver you need not to worry much if you looking for an Optical or Coaxial out then you might.

I think it is, coz the review of Pioneer BDP 180 is kind of mixed bag some say good some say its not, i could not find an single Professional review about BDP 180 online if you could check about Sony there are couple,
As long as you gonna connect through HDMI to your receiver you need not to worry much if you looking for an Optical or Coaxial out then you might.
Thanks for your Reply . Yes i am more concern about my audio i will be connecting the Digital Output to the AVR. Does it support all Digital Audio Track. Also will i be seeing a difference in the DVD also as i am buying Bluray for the first time

Thanks for your Reply . Yes i am more concern about my audio i will be connecting the Digital Output to the AVR. Does it support all Digital Audio Track. Also will i be seeing a difference in the DVD also as i am buying Bluray for the first time
it support flacs and other digital formats, as far as comparison with DVD is concerned, you should see a marked improvement.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv

I've been using BDP-180 for an year ....
1. It plays all kind of audio & video formats.
2. Have played 16GB + size files , It drives very easily.
3. Plays atmos/dtsX contents ...but my receiver is not so far configured for atmos(Marantz5012) so cannot provide any input.
4. Audio CDs too sounds great via HDMI & stereo Analogue out.

**Did not like the user interface. Not user friendly.

Thanks,
Chandu.

I've been using BDP-180 for an year ....
1. It plays all kind of audio & video formats.
2. Have played 16GB + size files , It drives very easily.
3. Plays atmos/dtsX contents ...but my receiver is not so far configured for atmos(Marantz5012) so cannot provide any input.
4. Audio CDs too sounds great via HDMI & stereo Analogue out.

**Did not like the user interface. Not user friendly.

Thanks,
Chandu.
16gb file !!
Gud what is the extension of video file name.
Is it mkv?

Yes, video files having video resolution of 1080p & above and audio formats of DTS-HDMA & other multi-channel come with .mkv extension varies their sizes from 16GB and above
Yeah i know .
I do have video files 37gb+ BD Remux files (1080p),80+gb single file of 4K BD Remux .mkv files.
My question is Pioneer - Bdp 180 is capable of playing 1080p 16gb+ files with mkv format !!!??? thru usb

Correct Pramod.
The container is MKV, i think this is the only format capable of containing HD picture with HD audio.

Btw YouTube app & Miracast (YouTube) features on this BDP180 not so great. If the video is HD , the picture movement is sluggish.
One more observation 10-15 mins of continuous playing YouTube , there is no sync between audio and video. So its useless.
I generally play cartoon for my kid :).

(** The player is connected (using wifi) to 40mbps internet connection, so speed is not an issue) .

Thanks,
Chandu.

I have used a Philips Bluray player connected to a 1TB self powered hdd, to play almost every format possible. There was no issue at all. I then upgraded to a Raspberry Pi with same HDD-same Music which was better sounding than the Philips. I then upgraded to a HTPC with same HDD-Same Music, which is better sounding than the Raspberry. However now, Music source has been switched to Chromecast+Mobile, which is a definitive upgrade for Music than the HTPC. Bluray Discs are played through the PS3.

MaSh

I have compared. Otherwise wouldnt have degraded that product.
Take a hard drive with movies in it and check the quality.

I would not recommend checking the BDP quality with the help of rips.
BDPs are primarily designed to play BDs. Ability to play downloaded rips from HDD - whatever be the quality - is always an add-on facility for the player, which it is not primarily designed for. A better idea would be to check with a bluray disc.

BDPs are primarily designed to play BDs. Ability to play downloaded rips from HDD - whatever be the quality - is always an add-on facility for the player, which it is not primarily designed for. A better idea would be to check with a bluray disc.

But other players plays those rips pretty well. So why to buy something which lacks in that department?

What is meant to play videos from harddisk?

I am planning to buy some Blu-ray movies will this player support 3d Blu-ray disk to run in 2d .As I understand it is not a 3d player

I am planning to buy some Blu-ray movies will this player support 3d Blu-ray disk to run in 2d .As I understand it is not a 3d player
No, Sony BDP-S1500 does not support 3D downscaled to 2D. If you are primarily going to watch 3D movies then may be worth considering BDP-180, it is a 3D player.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back