Sony BDP-S1500 is half the price of Pioneer BDP180. Is it worth ???

But other players plays those rips pretty well. So why to buy something which lacks in that department?
You're absolutely correct. I didnt mean to say that Sony BDP-S1500 should not be purchased.
I just meant that if selection of a BDP is to be based on quality checking (as you had mentioned in your post), then the quality check should be based on optical disc media, not HDD. That's all.

Is anybody aware if the S1500 can pass through DTS-HD MA from Bluray discs and files played over USB? My Sony BDP-S380 doesn't pass through any lossless audio codec from USB, just the core lossy track (even though it's a more expensive albeit older player).

Is anybody aware if the S1500 can pass through DTS-HD MA from Bluray discs and files played over USB? My Sony BDP-S380 doesn't pass through any lossless audio codec from USB, just the core lossy track (even though it's a more expensive albeit older player).
Yes it does, I can see DTS HD MA for Blu Ray Discs as well as .mkvs from USB. Hope that helps...

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv

Hi ,

I got some Original Bluray disk and try to play them but My amp is not able to recognize DD or Dolby TrueHD 5.1 format and showing as PCM. But while i check the BPLayer audio settings it is showing DD or Dolby TrueHD 5.1 format .Is there any setting to be changed in the receiver .

I have connected the BP using HDMI --> AMP

Hi ,

I got some Original Bluray disk and try to play them but My amp is not able to recognize DD or Dolby TrueHD 5.1 format and showing as PCM. But while i check the BPLayer audio settings it is showing DD or Dolby TrueHD 5.1 format .Is there any setting to be changed in the receiver .

I have connected the BP using HDMI --> AMP
Select HDMI audio pass thru in your source and select auto Audio mode in AVR while watching.
BTW what AVR and BDP you own?Which bluray disk your are talking about?
Few older release BD is having PCM audio as default audio.you have to change the Audio selection while playing the movie.

Select HDMI audio pass thru in your source and select auto Audio mode in AVR while watching.
BTW what AVR and BDP you own?Which bluray disk your are talking about?
Few older release BD is having PCM audio as default audio.you have to change the Audio selection while playing the movie.
I have a Onkyo HT -R390 and Tested with Samsung BD-H5500 ( my friends ) .I tried to play Iron Man 2 , Cars ,Avathar all are showing the PCM .
I have the HDMI pass thru in AVR and set the audio as not fixed .
But if i connect the same HDMI to my airtel setup box i am getting DD 5.1 .
Will i require a Digital audio output to be connected to AVR from BDP to get DD audio

I have attached the Digital Audio settings
Having gone through the Samsung Manual I'd say the audio output should be set to Bistream (Unprocessed). On the other hand I presume the Blu Ray is directly connected to AVR via HDMI.

Also in Blu-ray check if Multiple audio streams are available and if the correct one is selected. Hope that helps..

Thanks & Regards,
Rajiv

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back