Sony Bravia HX850 Reviews

Yes that's an awesome tv. I have Sony EX400 32inch and i want to upgrade to Sony HX850 40inch but there is some budget problem. I hope i get it soon.

When we were shopping for a new tv in 2011 I didnt like any of the EX tv's which were available for 45-70, all the tv's I liked were 1 lakh plus. Then luckily found a dealer who was selling hx800 on discount to clear stock for 55k and instantly bought it off him. Ultimate bargain for 55k, beats everything under 1 lakh easy. You should try and get the 2011 models when they go on clearance sales.

If u visit sony india page EX model is the highest possible models in 2D tv range...higher models are 3D..and someone who don't want to go with 3D tv wanna go with EX model.
Also EX model consists of LED and LCD tvs..his model belongs to lcd tv class...

I only want to buy Hx850. Nothing else will do. Hx850 is in my budget but just waiting for dad to say yes.
When we were shopping for a new tv in 2011 I didnt like any of the EX tv's which were available for 45-70, all the tv's I liked were 1 lakh plus. Then luckily found a dealer who was selling hx800 on discount to clear stock for 55k and instantly bought it off him. Ultimate bargain for 55k, beats everything under 1 lakh easy. You should try and get the 2011 models when they go on clearance sales.

Ya my model is basic full hd lcd tv. I love the tv but now i want a bigger screen with 3d. I even like Panasonic's new range of led tvs but i know that i will HX850 only.
If u visit sony india page EX model is the highest possible models in 2D tv range...higher models are 3D..and someone who don't want to go with 3D tv wanna go with EX model.
Also EX model consists of LED and LCD tvs..his model belongs to lcd tv class...

I had planned to get a 3D one but didn't got it thinking of headache issue..I even get headache after watcing 3d movies in IMAX..my tv size is actually limited due to the distance between tv and me..may be with bigger place in future will go with atleast 60 inch...

BTW which size are u getting?

I am planning to get it in 40inch. I think EX520 is awesome for the price. I want to get not becuase of 3d but the technology inside Hx850. It has the X-Reality pro engine, Better motion processing, Opti-contrast panel, Edge led with local dimming and plus monolithic design is my favorite.
I had planned to get a 3D one but didn't got it thinking of headache issue..I even get headache after watcing 3d movies in IMAX..my tv size is actually limited due to the distance between tv and me..may be with bigger place in future will go with atleast 60 inch...

BTW which size are u getting?

Yeah actully while watching fast motion movies I turn on the cinema drive feature and motion becomes very smooth. Also main difference between x and x pro is x pro is dual core to render huge pixel to achieve high motion flow..and for the first HD tv EX520 is a good buy as you said.

Hi EX520 is a very good tv. I decided on that only but then i decided why not just buy the top of the line. I watch bluray movies and play ps3 games so i think i am going to use it to the fullest and plus i cancelled lot of my other gadgets like tablet and camera etc. My focus and aim is to buy a top of the line tv this time. I have 2 options - Sony and Panasonic but i know i am going to buy Sony HX850 but i love panasonic tvs as well..
Yeah actully while watching fast motion movies I turn on the cinema drive feature and motion becomes very smooth. Also main difference between x and x pro is x pro is dual core to render huge pixel to achieve high motion flow..and for the first HD tv EX520 is a good buy as you said.

sony do make some good LCDs but when i look at their pricing policy the picture takes an ugly turn and their claims about quality products are talks of 90s we all know where they buy panels from

Hi its not only about the panel but it also depends on the video chip inside it. I agree that LG and Samsung are also very good. Even apple doesnt make their own panel but the quality of their screen is really good. Sony's price is almost the same as Samsung or LG infact their new HX850 is cheaper than Samsung & LG and it is better than both Samsung & LG in picture quality. I still prefer Panasonic & Sony. Toyota doesnt make steel on their own but they buy it from nippon steel.
sony do make some good LCDs but when i look at their pricing policy the picture takes an ugly turn and their claims about quality products are talks of 90s we all know where they buy panels from

+1 to aks..it all depends how good video processor are able to render each pixel with original color...if sony is using panels from samsung and sharp then how come sony's pic quality better than samsung and sharp..also apple is importing their retina display panel form a professional panel maker but all that matters is the A5 chip.

+1 to aks..it all depends how good video processor are able to render each pixel with original color...if sony is using panels from samsung and sharp then how come sony's pic quality better than samsung and sharp..also apple is importing their retina display panel form a professional panel maker but all that matters is the A5 chip.

That was funny.:) so the A5 chip is what makes the iPhone display have under saturated colors and poor contrast? and the sony bravia engine is what makes the Sony xperia S have such poor viewing angles?

http://www.televisioninfo.com/ratings.php

Last edited:
Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back