Sony Bravia KLV-550A

rajanvash

Hi,

I purchased my first LCD, Sony Bravia KLV 32 550A last week for 42,900/- with 1000/- gift voucher from XCite Bangalore.
I am connecting Airtel Digital source using AVR cable provided by Airtel, to the TV to watch but the Picture Quality is not very good (or its not very clear).

Is there anyway I can get a similar experience to CRT TVs for my Airtel Digital Signals? I have tried changing the settings but it is not helping much. Please share your experiences and learnings, if faced this problem and solved it.

Thanks,
Rajan

Last edited:
well SD conent on any lcd or plasma,cannot match a CRT,epsecialy FHD tvs ,u can compensate by increasing ur viewing distance.

Thats why I selected Phil5609 rather than V550.
If you watch 550 from 10ft,there shldnt be prob.Try increasing sharpness or on noice filter.

Thanks Adder for the reply.

It means we can not do anything till we get HD signal from stbs.

well u can go for a better source like Big tv which will give u a better picture,
apart from that try these setting turn off mpeg reduction to OFF,noise reduction to OFF.black corrector to OFF,also adjust the sharpness to ur desired level.

Thanks Adder for the reply.

It means we can not do anything till we get HD signal from stbs.

In general LCD's have poor SD performance,out of that sony is worst in terms of SD pic quality as far as what ive seen.

Try increasing your viewing distance as advised by a member also a different DTH service provider like SUN or BIG TV.

finally start getting used to it, cause anyways it is bound to happen.

Last edited:
In general LCD's have poor SD performance,out of that sony is worst in terms of SD pic quality as far as what ive seen.

well quite a bold statement.when everyone else findings are different,including many trusted pro reviews.

btw who said lcds have poor sd performance.

Last edited:
well quite a bold statement.when everyone else findings are different,including many trusted pro reviews.

everyone else? sony fans?

Everyone else not equals just you, hope you understand that.Think in that prospective and your mind might open up a bit.

lets for your sake even consider if everyone really does think diff, do i have to stop having my own opinion and doing my research and judgement like certain cowards just for the sake of getting along with a groups opinion say yes to what ever is approved by the majority with out working thier brain, I am not one of them.

A very trusted review tested the top of the line ultra over priced POJ xbr8 and ranked it last among the other panels they tested, are you talking abt that?

btw who said lcds have poor sd performance.

Unlike you i don't need another person to tell me if something is bad, I just move my fanny and check stuff out myself to understand what it really has to offer.

Last edited:
everyone else? sony fans?

Everyone else not equals just you, hope you understand that.Think in that prospective and your mind might open up a bit.

lets for your sake even consider if everyone really does think diff, do i have to stop having my own opinion and doing my research and judgement like certain cowards just for the sake of getting along with a groups opinion say yes to what ever is approved by the majority with out working thier brain, I am not one of them.

A very trusted review tested the top of the line ultra over priced POJ xbr8 and ranked it last among the other panels they tested, are you talking abt that?

Unlike you i don't need another person to tell me if something is bad, I just move my fanny and check stuff out myself to understand what it really has to offer.

well unfortunately ur previous posts about sony or lcds makes ur claims the least credible.their is a limit to bashing and posting facts or more like ur brand/tech blinded cons without even seeing ,which is going to misinform the people in this forum.

the XBR8 is widely considered one of the best.its a 2008 model.2009 tvs have definitely improved contrast,image processing etc.

well i guess u are tech and brand blinded ,since on what basis do u say lcds are bad in SD.even the pioneer kuro which i doubt u have seen sucks in SD.

Last edited:
well unfortunately ur previous posts about sony makes ur claims the least credible.

yeah i am not a Sony fan boy like you, very true.

you are just making laugh real hard when you speak abt credibility :lol:.

the XBR8 is widely considered one of the best.its a 2008 model.2009 tvs have definetly improved contrast,image processing etc.

Fan boy speech.

well i guess u are tech and brand blinded ,

Says who? you ? i should seriously consider your opinion :lol:

since on what basis do u say lcds are bad in SD.even the pioneer kuro which i doubt u have seen sucks in SD.

I say LCD's are bad in SD performance not on the basis of something i read or thinking out of my fan boy pea brain, but out of experience in looking at many tv's irrespective of brands.

I know that the kuro has bad SD performance.You doubt what ? like i would care a rats behind abt your doubts.

I doubt if you even have a good eye or if you have ever seen a TV expect for sony or may be your a sony rep or some one who just reads stuff in the internet and just paste in forum like it was a real experience.

I hope sony or many be some LCD company is paying you something for all your effort on giving wrong information.

yeah i am not a Sony fan boy like you, very true.

you are just making laugh real hard when you speak abt credibility :lol:.

Fan boy speech.

Says who? you ? i should seriously consider your opinion :lol:

I say LCD's are bad in SD performance not on the basis of something i read or thinking out of my fan boy pea brain, but out of experience in looking at many tv's irrespective of brands.

I know that the kuro has bad SD performance.You doubt what ? like i would care a rats behind abt your doubts.

I doubt if you even have a good eye or if you have ever seen a TV expect for sony or may be your a sony rep or some one who just reads stuff in the internet and just paste in forum like it was a real experience.

I hope sony or many be some LCD company is paying you something for all your effort on giving wrong information.

well u are just taking ur credibilty to the rats,.
well i haven't said i am a fan of sony or any.u assumed
but u did say u hate sony and don't like lcds.:p
well i guess ur hate towards sony or lcd overules what ur eyes see or should i say blinded.

Last edited:
well u are just taking ur credibilty to the rats.

yeah, hoping they have better understanding of technology than you.

You doubt what ? like i would care a rats behind abt your doubts--you understood my comment completely :clapping:

Guys, keep it Civil. Spare the Rats :p

We are talking about someone who purchased a LCD panel. There is no point in debating which technology is better.

Anyways, I have noticed that Full HD panels sort of makes the SD a bit soft as compared to HD ready panels.

But the general consensus about this panel is pretty good, though a bit pricey.

exactly, no one will care about ur claims.

yeah, keep ass u ming.

no one cares abt my claim but you are replying every where i post with your childish i love sony toy attitude, brilliant.

Dont just think abt my posts all the time, i hope you have something better to do. your posts really makes me wanna think that you care too much and read em ten times everyday.

I am signing of this uber useless argument. hey, what can i expect when i am replying to you? decent info ? Nope.

Last edited:
yeah, keep ass u ming.

one one cares abt my claim but you are replying every where i post with your childish i love sony toy attitude, brilliant.

Dont just think abt my posts all the time, i hope you have something better to do. your posts really makes me wanna think that you care too much and read my post ten time everyday.

I am signing of this uber useless argument. hey, what can i expect when i am replying to you? reliable info ? Nope.

well contrary to what u say ,u posted hate speeches in many threads abo ,with completely irrelevant hate posts about sony ,in a thread about sharps UV2A u get the philips into the discussion,most of ur posts are either hate speeches directed at sony or positive praises about philips.also posted in another forum about philips product releases.so does it make u a fan of philips?by ur way of logic i guess u are a fan of philips,but i never called u a philips fan boy.

well as long as some one post information which can be facts or bull any,u can debate about it.

Last edited:
also posted in another forum about philips product releases.so does it make u a fan of philips?by ur way of logic i guess u are a fan of philips,but i never called u a philips fan boy.

I also did post info abt Samsung releases and LG releases and Pioneer releases. Information about Nvidia and Microsoft, the brands that i am a fan of is a big list i guess.Interesting to know that your obsessed in reading my posts from many other forums as well, may be you are my fan or something.

Now i really hope you have something better to do other than reading abt me and my posts in the internet.

I also did post info abt Samsung releases and LG releases and Pioneer releases. Information about Nvidia and Microsoft, the brands that i am a fan of is a big list i guess.Interesting to know that your obsessed in reading my posts from many other forums as well, may be you are my fan or something.

Now i really hope you have something better to do other than reading abt me and my posts in the internet.

well i a member in many forums,i did come across ur posts,in thread about tvs.when one of the members PMed me about tv purchase .
i too post nvidia,ati,panasonic etc may not be in E which i rarely visted,but in other forums.

Well, I am the guy who purchased the TV and tried suggestion given by ADDER but it has not helped much.
I called Airtel DTH people at my home to see if there are any other issues, of course it did not help either. But Airtel Person shared that Airtel is going to launch Airtel Plus with stbs having HDMI and USB ports.
Now, another question is that would it help SD Picture Quality on Full HD TV, having HDMI and USB ports? I assume that quality of signal does not change.

Thanks.

Well, I am the guy who purchased the TV and tried suggestion given by ADDER but it has not helped much.
I called Airtel DTH people at my home to see if there are any other issues, of course it did not help either. But Airtel Person shared that Airtel is going to launch Airtel Plus with stbs having HDMI and USB ports.
Now, another question is that would it help SD Picture Quality on Full HD TV, having HDMI and USB ports? I assume that quality of signal does not change.

Thanks.

well HDMI do make a bit of difference,but for a FHD tv u can't expect miracles in SD.i too have airtel dth and big tv,now big tv is clearly better then airtel,due to two reasons one is big tv has a component out,secondly the airtel digital tvs compression is high,i mean i find airtel quality soft even in a crt.
also do not stretch the image,to full screen which results in quality loss.keep it at normal.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back