Sony ht-iv300 vs Yamaha yht-196 vs yamaha yht-1810

shannu1315

Hi Friends,

I am a newbie to this forum. I do not know much about the technicalities of home theaters but i am planning to buy new Home theater. mainly i like to listen music and watch action movies.i have checked different HTs and finalized 3 Hts.

1. Yamaha yht-196:
Sound was excellent and cost is 27999 in reliance digital but they are saying this model will be end soon better to take upgrade models like YHT-1810 or YHT-299 but the price is little high compare to my budget.

2. Sony ht-iv300:
Sound was good but not excellent compared to Yamaha yht-196, price also reasonable but i am not sure about this model. it costs 19459.

3.Yamaha yht-1810:
Compare to Yamaha yht-196 Sound is very good and it supports 4k, every thing is good but cost is around 32999.

Now lot of confusion to take HT So please suggest which one is better among 3 HTs.

go for yht 299.
pros over 196 and 1810
-active Subwoofer
-Dolby TrueHD
-DTS-HD Master Audio
-USB input - iPod/iPhone, USB Memory, Portable Audio Player
-YPAO sound optimization

only addition to 1810 over 196 is
- On screen display, 4K passthrough, dolby digital plus, eco mode (no need to spend more money to these)

My choice is 299. if budget not allows go for 196

sincerely
a proud yht 196 owner

I have YHT 196 and quite happy with it. Got a philips BDP free for the price of 27,990, which effectively brings the price to around 21,000 and makes it comparable to price wise to IV300.

But listen to all the systems and go with what your heart says.

Thanks Raju for reply,

But shop keeper saying 196 model was closed and they have only few are available.
and saying better go for 1810 or 299 instead of 196. is it true???

Hi Friends,

I am a newbie to this forum. I do not know much about the technicalities of home theaters but i am planning to buy new Home theater. mainly i like to listen music and watch action movies.i have checked different HTs and finalized 3 Hts.

1. Yamaha yht-196:
Sound was excellent and cost is 27999 in reliance digital but they are saying this model will be end soon better to take upgrade models like YHT-1810 or YHT-299 but the price is little high compare to my budget.

2. Sony ht-iv300:
Sound was good but not excellent compared to Yamaha yht-196, price also reasonable but i am not sure about this model. it costs 19459.

3.Yamaha yht-1810:
Compare to Yamaha yht-196 Sound is very good and it supports 4k, every thing is good but cost is around 32999.

Now lot of confusion to take HT So please suggest which one is better among 3 HTs.

Im having same query. As per my knowledge YHT-1810 having not good review because it was not sold in considerable units.. Its price is approx 28k on snapdeal. I too want to purchse yht 196....in few days.

HI,

If you are getting YHT-299.....Go FOR IT by closing the eyes.
I owned the same and njoying from last 6 Months. I have purchased it for the Price Tag Rs.32500/-

Dont Wait......

Regards,
Girish

yes! yht-299 is a great value for money, but it's not available in many places. For movies it's great and for music, it's still good for you may feel wanting for more...

now i decided to take Yamaha only now confusion with yht-196 and yht-299,
current price of yht-196 is 27999 with bluray player and yht-299 price is 37999 with bluray player
yht-299 cost is 10k more..
so is it worth to spend that much money?
what are the benefits of yht-299 over yht-196???

you would have got many posts under YHT-299 to suggest you that 299 is the clear winner. Go for it. Regarding benefits, it can decode few more than 196 and much more.

Purchased yht196 from rel digital 3000 less for no bd player, scheme of extended warranty for 2 yrs under reliance ResQ service..costing 5K ... Total bill amt RS.24889.01 and 5% cash back from SBI..so final cost 23650/-.2 yrs ex warranty can not be denied otherwise cost of yht is 20990/_ but for taxation purpose they might have this scheme..still it is cheapest... !!!

Hi shannu1315

If you have made up your mind to purchase a Yamaha, its time now to see for good offers in this month. I am sure Reliance / Croma / Vijay Sales and even Home Theatre dealers in your area would be hosting special discount offers or coupled with Blu Ray players....

Choose wisely, remember you are the end user and it is your money so make it worthwhile.

Today Taken yamaha 196 friends, tried for 299 but its not avilable in any reliance digital show rooms except some demo pieces but in that some of them are damaged pieces. I am happy about 196 but little bit unhappy about not found 299 ????

Hi, my query is a generic one.
I have sony iv300 and from the time i bought this and connected with the SetTopBox, there is a AV Sync issue. The video and audio does not match at all. There is an option to adjust it, i tried it but still its not perfectly matching.

Is this a very common problem with Home theater setup? Or with the connection modes, we can reduce this problem.

I have connected the SetTopBox HDMI to the Home theater unit. From the Unit the HDMI out goes as the TV HDMI In.

Should i look for any other way of connecting? which would reduce the AC Sync problem? kindly suggest friends.

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back