Soundbar/multimedia/Bookshelf speakers recommendation under 10k

Debashish

Hi, I am looking for a speaker setup - can be soundbar, bookshelf speakers, multimedia speaker, will connect to my TV for movies and stuff, and will also use for casual music listening. Would be grateful for your recommendations! I am looking for some good clarity, not a fan of bassy stuffs. As a source for music I have a ibasso dx160 dap and fiio q5 dacamp.
Have these two in mind:
1. Swans m10 (but have heard about QC issues)
2. Edifier 1280t
Can stretch to 15k if there's something that can be considered as substantial upgrade.

Last edited:
Hi Debashish,

Welcome to the forum...

Edifier having some vfm products in your budget. I am using R1700bt for music as well as TV, and quite satisfied with the performance. Not sure how big is your room, so consider this a blind suggestion.

R1280t - Very good clean sound, bass is not that puchy. Only RCA inputs to use with.
R1280db - Same as above with digital inputs (optical, coaxial, bluetooth).
R1700bt - Clear audio with better bass than 1280, also has bluetooth.
R1850db - Same as 1700bt with digital inputs and a dedicated sub out, so you can attach a powered subwoofer in future if you want.

There are very good reviews in youtube by digital sterophony, please watch.

Hi Debashish,

Welcome to the forum...

Edifier having some vfm products in your budget. I am using R1700bt for music as well as TV, and quite satisfied with the performance. Not sure how big is your room, so consider this a blind suggestion.

R1280t - Very good clean sound, bass is not that puchy. Only RCA inputs to use with.
R1850db - Same as 1700bt with digital inputs and a dedicated sub out, so you can attach a powered subwoofer in future if you want.

Hi, thank you for your suggestions! My room is 15ft x 12ft with the TV on the 15ft wall and speakers are to be placed right below the TV, listening will be just within the room, not necessarily exactly front of it.

Hi Debashish,

Welcome to the forum...

Nice information brother.

I was looking for soundbar to TV under 20k and was going for yamaha yas 109 soundbar. But now i am inclining towards active bookshelf speakers. Some reviews says for movies voice/dialogues will have poor performance. These are mainly best for music only. If you using them for tv shows or movies, hows your experience ??

I am using this from almost 2 years with my TV, I didn't feel any clarify issue with dialogue presentation. But one thing I noticed that sometimes the sound on dialogue is less compared to bgm. That means, we may feel high sound volume when there is a strong bgm in the movie immediately after some very sensitive dialogue. Maybe if there is a separate center channel (as in 3.0/3.1/5.1) available, this effect will be less, not very sure though.

Hi, thank you for your suggestions! My room is 15ft x 12ft with the TV on the 15ft wall and speakers are to be placed right below the TV, listening will be just within the room, not necessarily exactly front of it.
Welcome Debashish, nice to see you here :)

I have read really good reviews about the Swan M10 and always wanted to own one but never took the plunge. If you can extend to 15-16k the Swam M50W also are worth looking at. From a QC point of view you cant go wrong with Edifier , had an Edifier 5.1 which is now 9 years old and is still going strong at a cousins place.

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back