Soundbar of surround sound for room?

pasqo83

Hi All,

Im new to this, I have just bought my house and waiting to move in within the next few weeks! So excited. ::yahoo:

I got a budget of around 500-600 for a sound system and receiver.

My main use is going to be films and music and also connecting my computer via DLNA.

I have seen 2 setups I would like but need some help and advise.

I want the Yamaha 375 with the Wharfedale DX1 or the Yamaha 673 with the Wharfedale DX1.

I have also seen the same setup but with Boston Acoustics XS (with either of these receivers) but I was told for the extra 50 price difference, I am better off getting the Wharfedale speakers.

My lounge area is 13'7'' x 9'11

10799_2861915_IMG_07_0000_max_620x414.jpg

I don't know whether this is too small to have a 5.1 surround sound or just a sound bar.

Please help me! :sad:

Last edited:
Anyone? I really want to buy one this week and really could do with some experienced advise. Do you think a soundbar will be better than a 5.1 surround sound in this room? I keep looking at the yamaha 375 and 673 with the wharfedale speakers and just not sure if I am over spending.

I'm using the DX1 myself with a Yamaha receiver & IMO the set-up will be perfect for you're room size.
The sound output that you get will definitely be much much better than that from a soundbar.
Since they are 5.1 speakers you can go for the 373 /375 which will be a good match for them & if an apple user & want airplay too then go with the 473.
Both of these are 5.1 channel receivers & a perfect match for the DX1.
Do ensure that you have a good bdp player too to optimize the sound / visual quality. Makes a hell of a difference.

Hope it helps & good luck!

Last edited:
Thanks for that deepaksood :D

I did speak to Exceptional AV as well and they recommended me the 673 setup was great because you have space to update and you will have no issues with the technology being outdated.

Thanks for the help :D

Back