speaker advice!

shayan

hello
im a uni student that likes bass heavy music..im looking for speakers for my room at uni, and am looking to spend max 200.
im not too fussed about specific details, just want it to have generally loud bass, decent quality sound, enough to rattle my room basically.

at the moment ive just been browsing gumtree and have found this..

Complete 5.1 Speaker System inc. powered Sub woofer Esher, Surrey London Stereo Speakers & Speaker Cabling for Sale 63621273

and thought i could match these two
Eltax speakers for sale 50 ono Lewisham London Stereo Speakers & Speaker Cabling for Sale 63630493
15" subwoofers 2 x in phase 1800 watt each KINGSTON London Stereo Speakers & Speaker Cabling for Sale 63789212

now these are just vague and really based on the fact they live close 2 me. the first 1 seems pretty decent to me but then again i have no idea how loud it will be or how good the quality will be.

open to any suggestions thanks!

shayan

Mordaunt Short are good speakers. I don't have much idea about the sub, but the specs seems good to shake your 'booty', windows, floor, and a few other pieces around.

Go for it and have fun.

Cheers

Hi,
I studied in the UK myself and had ,in my room, 1 pair of JBL Creatures 2.1 ,and 1 set of Logitech X530 5.1 speakers, hooked up to my laptop via a y splitter.So effectively I had a 7.2 lol.But trust me ,you will have to leave the room at the end of the year,get something slightly practical i.e. Small footprint,easy to pack and store.

Also you will probably not be in a position to go insanely loud because the Unis really scrimp on construction quality and the walls are paper thin.The rooms are also effing tiny.I was saddled with numerous fines of 60 pounds each time there was a complaint! So in effect my system ultimately cost me about 800 pounds. 400 of which were in fines!

But on the other hand it comes in handy to impress the babes ;-)

Look at
Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System

Solid Bass ,10inch sub ,THX certified to boot and falls nicely within your budget leaving a bit of room for a pair of cans ,which you will need ,because you cant play the Logitechs come exam time

Another Kicker of a product is the Klipsch Promedia 2.1

ProMedia 2.1 iPod/Computer Speaker - Computer Speaker System, PC Speakers, 2.1 Computer Speakers - Free Shipping - 30 Day Satisfaction Guarantee - Overview

Good luck and all the best!

Back