Speaker Suggestion

renjith lal

Hi experts,

My room size is 15ft width* 22ft breadth and it is combined living and dining room. My usage will be 60% music and 40% movies. I have shortlisted the following.
1) Onkyo TX-NR609 receiver and WARFADALE 10.6+ SURROUND SPEAKER 10.1 + CENTER SPEAKER 10 AND SUBWOOFER 10MX
2) Onkyo TX-NR609 receiver and Klipsch RF-62 II tower speakers + Klipsch RC-52 II center +Klipsch RB-51 II+Klipsch RW-10D-BK 10"
3) Onkyo TX-NR609 + Tannoy Revolution series.

Please let me know which one is best.
Please let me know your opininon and advice.

Thanks in advance.
Renjith

Are you fixed on Onkyo? If yes, wharfedale will be a good option to balance out the brightness of Onkyo. Not to say that Onkyo NR609 is a bad receiver, Klipsch RF and Tannoy Revolution are both a level above Wharfedale Diamonds and deserve a equivalent Receiver. A NAD / ROTEL or MARANTZ is in order for those.

I thought Onkyo TX NR 609 it is a good receiver.It is THX certified and has lot of good features.Please go through the link Home cinema amplifiers 2011 winner - What Hi-Fi? Sound and Vision Awards | whathifi.com Since I saw good features and review I thought of buying it.

There was some good deals in Dubai for WARFADALE 10.6+ SURROUND SPEAKER 10.1 + CENTER SPEAKER 10 AND SUBWOOFER 10MX and Klipsch RF-62 II tower speakers + Klipsch RC-52 II center +Klipsch RB-51 II+Klipsch RW-10D-BK 10.

So I thought of buying it from there.I saw good reviews for Klipsch and Tannoy and some ok reviews for Wharfedale. Since my room is not a dedicated room for home theatre I was just thinking of going with Wharfedale. Tannoy I liked it but it is very expensive in India.(all brands are expensive in India due to tax and margins)

Onkyo TXNR 609 is 175*7 Watts RMS receiver. Klipsh is 125W RMS and Wharfedale is 150W. Klipsch has got very good sensitivity 96 hence I am worried if amp will power the Klipsh speaker more???

Basically I want good tower speakers for listening music. If wharfedale diamond 10.6 is not that great please let me know. In Bangalore where can I have a demo of Wharfedale? I need to switch to Tannoy or Klipsch.Please let me know your views.Tannoy has got five star rating in hifi magazine.

Best Regards
Renjith

Hi Ranjithlal,

In bangalore Onkyo showroom (one in MG road just above Profx) they have various speaker pakages available for 609. The one i heard was Elac FS 58.2 speakers. They were really nice. 609 is a very nice AVR.

thanks
arvasude

Thanks ARVASUDE

I saw Elac in ProFX. I couldnt see Elac in any HI*FI reviews etc.That prevented me in going for Elac.May be I have not done enough homework.

Best Regards,
Renjith

Can you guys tell me the best floor standing speakers among WARFADALE 10.6,Klipsch RF-62 II and Tannoy Revolution DC6T??

Need some quick answer.

Thanks in advance.

I have not auditioned Wharfdale :mad:. Even I am searching for a place in bangalore to audition it, pleaase let us know if any of you guys are aware of it. I can see the price and other spec in hifimart.

I have not auditioned Wharfdale :mad:. Even I am searching for a place in bangalore to audition it, pleaase let us know if any of you guys are aware of it. I can see the price and other spec in hifimart.

VECTOR SYSTEMS PVT. LTD. (for Wharfedale, DAC, Byford Audio, Vuemax, Vueguard)
# 97, Sai Brigades, Brigade Road, (After St.Joseph College Of Commerce),
Next to Brigade Prince Bar, Bangalore - 25.
Tel: 2554287, 9341717966 Email: [email protected]

TOTAL SOUND (for Wharfedale, Quad, DAC, Byford Audio)
4B, Atishi Apts., # 8 And 9, Rose Garden Road,
J.P. Nagar 5th Phase, Besides Dollars colony, Bangalore-560078.
Tel: 9845522937

I saw Elac in ProFX. I couldnt see Elac in any HI*FI reviews etc.That prevented me in going for Elac.May be I have not done enough homework.

They are very poor value speakers. The only thing they will bring you is a "Made in Europe" tag. Klipsch, Tannoy are some great suggestions for music.

ranjeetrain, u mean wharfedale diamond10.6 tower speaker is not good?
I was not inclined to Wharfedale 10.6, there was one good deal in Dubai.So I was just thinking about wahrfedale.
I checked some uk websites the price of wharfedale diamond 10.6 is higher than Tannoy V4 speakers and price is very near to Tannoy revolution DC6T.
Because of this I was expecting wharfedale diamond10.6 will be better than Tannoy V4 speakers . I may be wrong.Please let us know your opinion.

Thanks

I checked some uk websites the price of wharfedale diamond 10.6 is higher than Tannoy V4 speakers and price is very near to Tannoy revolution DC6T.
Because of this I was expecting wharfedale diamond10.6 will be better than Tannoy V4 speakers . I may be wrong.Please let us know your opinion.

Tannoy is in another league. You can follow your heart if that keeps you happy. The purpose of music is to make yourself happy, not poeple on some internet forum.

If you are good with sound, and if you have the possibility, listen before you buy.

@OP,

Instead of back to back questions , my suggestion for you would be to go audition all the three speakers and decide. Never make a blind purchase when it comes to AV gear and CARS. :)

You are correct. I think I need to carry my own CDs and DVDs to different places and compare in order to compare apples to apples.

Thanks Kittu

I have auditioned Tannoy and I think you correct. I need to listen all with the same CDs and DVDs in order to compare.

Back