Speaker Suggestion

I am not sure what your budget is , but add PSB T5,T6 and Paradigm monitors to the audition list.

You can audition PSB @ Final Touch and Paradigms at Htstore.

PSB is bit expensive I think. I will audition PSB, heard good review of Image T6.
I went to HTstore but unfortunately they didnt have one to audition Paradigm but they said they will have one in this week. But he was saying Tannoy is better comparing the cost.

Any one using Elac fs 58.2 and complete 5.1 home theatre system?
Since I couldnt find any reviews in any sites about Elac fs 58.2 I would like to know the opinion of you guys. I have listned to Elac fs 58.2 and Klipsch RF-62 11 but unfortunately I didnt carry my own CDs. So I am not able to compare it since they play different things. Please let me know your thoughts in the same. I need to audition PSB Monitor 7 series (model 9) and PSB Image T6 and T5. I need to decide after listening to these. Any opinion from you guys will be helpful.

ranjeetrain, u mean wharfedale diamond10.6 tower speaker is not good?
I was not inclined to Wharfedale 10.6, there was one good deal in Dubai.So I was just thinking about wahrfedale.
I checked some uk websites the price of wharfedale diamond 10.6 is higher than Tannoy V4 speakers and price is very near to Tannoy revolution DC6T.
Because of this I was expecting wharfedale diamond10.6 will be better than Tannoy V4 speakers . I may be wrong.Please let us know your opinion.

Thanks

Wharfedale Diamond 10 series in general is very pleasant and musical sounding. Only problem is their placement. 10.6 also need a lot of space around them for the best performance. NAD amplifiers go very well with them.

Try the above combination if you can. I have found Wharfedale Diamond 10 better than even NAD's own PSB when coupled with NAD amps.

PSB is bit expensive I think. I will audition PSB, heard good review of Image T6.
I went to HTstore but unfortunately they didnt have one to audition Paradigm but they said they will have one in this week. But he was saying Tannoy is better comparing the cost.

I went to the HT store last year, auditioned the Tannoys and The Paradigm Monitor 9s and found the latter better sounding (great bass,the highs were good, mids were excellent - took my own CDs - carnatic classical and hindi music;the Tannoys did not sound that great that particular day, but they were still being burnt in, I was told) and bought the 9s !

Shivam,

Thanks for the information. I am almost fixed Onkyo TX NR 609 , I am planning to get it from my cousin from Dubai.I heard from Wharfedale 10.7 is good but didnt get any info regarding 10.6. I read similar information in web regarding Wharfedale that it needs lot of space for performance. I didnt know that Wahrfedale works better than PSB when coupled with NAD.

Hi Canchi

In Monitor 7 which series did you buy 7,9 or 11??
I visited HT store and Lokesh told me that Monitor 9 new model is smaller compared to older one. The day I went to HT store they didn't have it for a demo.I will go and check soon. Thanks for the information. HT store guy told me that V4 is better compared to Paradigm if you compare the cost part. Need to listen and decide by carrying my own CDs.

Try playing different genre music. Play some fast numbers and see how the speakers perform. Paradigm takes a back shift in bass department when compare to PSB, again it is 20% cheaper than PSB. So u can use that 20% money for SUB , but if you are looking for PSB speakers and have a medium size room I think you will be more than happy going for B6 bookshelf speakers. Do not go by the theory of Bookshelf + Stands cost = Floorstanders.

;)

I felt PSB is costlier. I checked the cost of PSB T5 and T6 and I got price as 59,000 and 77000 respectively. Paradigm monitor 7 series monitor 9 is 60000 and monitor 7 is 48000.
All these prices are MRP.
My room size is 15ft width* 22ft breadth and it is combined living and dining room.
Kittu for my room size which one you recommend?

Best regards,
renjith

Talk to Akash (Final touch) and lokesh from (Htstore) to give you home auditions. :) That is the best way to decide.

Hi Pishly,

I have not finalized anything.Where did you hear Definitive Tech? and what is the price for two tower?

Thanks
Renjith

I felt PSB is costlier. I checked the cost of PSB T5 and T6 and I got price as 59,000 and 77000 respectively. Paradigm monitor 7 series monitor 9 is 60000 and monitor 7 is 48000.
All these prices are MRP.
My room size is 15ft width* 22ft breadth and it is combined living and dining room.
Kittu for my room size which one you recommend?

Best regards,
renjith

Image T5 are better than Monitor 9 and this is coming from a Monitor 9 owner. It is just that they were beyond my budget, plus my Denon 1911 does not have enough juice to do justice to the PSBs. Else, those speakers rocked. Awesome bass and great detail.

Thanks milestoneseeker. I have seen your post and I was motivated by your efforts to find the best speaker.

Best regards.
Renjith

Hi Pishly,

Thanks for the information. How much is the cost for Definitive tech?
Did you hear mercury V4 or revolution D6T from Tannoy?
D6T is expensive compared to V4.

Thanks
Renjith

Dear Friends,

I am bit confused can anyone clarify for me, I have heard > MA RX 6 with Maranz 7005 AVR if I remember correctly, > MA M6 with CA 650A & > Tannoy with Denon AVR & Maranz AVR.
The impression was that > MA RX 6 was bit bright and detail, > MA M6 was with full of details and narrow sound stage & Tannoy was good with Denon very musical, but ok sort with Maranz.
Then i met Akash of Final Touch and heard PSB T6 (PSB T5 was not available) with NAD Combination 356(80 watt) & 326 (50watt) Integrated amp, T6 really sounded very good with NAD combination of 326 (50 watt) than 356(80 watt) in all aspect, but need to know which AMP other than NAD will WORK BEST with T6.

Hope few friends from this forum had visited Final touch - My question would be T6 sounded very good with Vocal, Bass & etc in that small demo room. I do not know how that would sound in my place 12x20 Feet and 11x25 feet "L" shape living room with attached Dining room. I am in kind of dilemma which one to go with Tannoy Mercury V4 or MA M6 or MA RX6 or PSB T6.

And last question- may be bit silly :) the Canadian speaker - PSB is that so good that it will take head ON with MA, Dali and Tannoy to name the few, most expert in this field do not suggest Canadian speakers any idea on this Why they do so?
Please do revert with your suggestion to make the better choice, trust you guys. :licklips: thanks in advance.

Not recommend Canadian speakers?? You kidding, most of the Canadian brands are highly recommended (Paradigm, PSB etc) :) No offence meant but TBH, I have heard only good things of speakers coming out of CA. It may be partly due to the reason that the Canadian government itself invested in an anechoic chamber which is available to the local speaker manufacturers!

PSBs are a highly recommended brand and I have heard their Image T5s in a pretty large room at Lakozy's Delhi showroom (probably 20x20 or more). They filled up the room very nicely and Image T6 is even better.

The only to note is that PSBs need a powerful amp to be driven to their potential, plus since they are very neutral, any sub-par components in the line will show up in the music. Hence, with PSBs one needs a powerful amp and a good CD player. My demo was based on a NAD AVR (I had an insisted on an AVR) and Oppo BDP-95.

And one more thing, we are speaking of the Image series here. I believe Imagine series is much more better in the PSBs. The Image series can be pitted against the silver series of MAs and possibly the Revolution series of Tannoy, though have not heard the Revolution series.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back