Speaker Suggestion

Dear Friends,

I am waiting for you revert, if you have any idea what would be best price i can pay for PSB T6 pl let me know, Akash is quoting around 85k as per the new price list .. pl suggest me alternate with in 70 K and if T6 work out what would be best AMP to go with. Thanks in advance.

Dear Friends,

I am waiting for you revert, if you have any idea what would be best price i can pay for PSB T6 pl let me know, Akash is quoting around 85k as per the new price list .. pl suggest me alternate with in 70 K and if T6 work out what would be best AMP to go with. Thanks in advance.

What is your room size? You may want to cross check the same with multiple dealers. Even music ranch and uniquesys deal with PSB speakers.

If you are planning for a 5.1 in future go with a processor and a multichannel power amp. For stereo a good integrated or a pre-power will do. Do not settle for an entry level AVR .

Thanks Kittu for your revert,

12x20 Feet and 11x25 feet "L" shape living room with attached Dining room.
I would like to go with PSB T6 For its - Looks, Vocal and Bass and binding them with NAD C326BEE integrated AMP and source Oppo BDP93(which is own).
I am not sure i may go for 5.1 at least after 2 years but not yet decided, that is the reason i am not planning for AVR now.
Option 2: iF PSB T6 is more that 70K mark, I would go with source Oppo BDP93, NAD C326BEE and Tannoy Mercury V4.
Please suggest from Your end. Thanks in advance.

I am slightly confused with room dimensions , but I think your maximum distance to speakers will be 12 to 14 feet. PSB T6 I feel is over kill , unless you plan to invest some money in room acoustics. I am not an expert in this, but our forum member cmsajith has done some excellent living room setup.You can ask him or santhosh for some tips. See if the sellers you mentioned can give you any home auditions. That will be the best way to decide.

Kittu, i have heard PSB T6 in the small demo room at "Final Touch" hope aprox it may be 7x9 feet max and could not find big acoustics made in that room yes i was able to see the carpet but sounded very good with NAD C326BEE but Bass was too much with NAD C356BEE.
In my case the distance from the speaker to my sofa would be around 9 feet and there would be a gap beyond sofa of around 8 feet.
Or do you suggest V4 insted of T6 in this case ..... Thanks in advacne :)

If you are comfortable and decided to go with FS speakers nothing can beat T6 , have you checked T5 btw? I have PM'd you a number, talk to him about the prices.

harbuu,
How about KEFQ700. It is 70K. Any idea about this?
Music ranch is quoting 90K for T6, he said this is the latest price .

I agree with Kittu, T6 is the best I have heard.
Did you listen to Dc6T? In Tannoy demo guy said DC6T is the best.
But he didnt have DC6T for demo but he was claiming that is much better than V4.

But why not a T5?? I have heard T5 (and T6 too) and trust me, T5s are no slouch. If T6 bass was overpowering then T5s may do good for you. However, I am not sure if FinalTouch is stocking T5s for audition (though they would procure for you). They didn't have those during my round of auditions so I ended up listening to T5 only in Delhi when I was there for my hols.

And they would fall within your budget too.

T5 I have not heard since Final touch didn't have it for demo. I am not planning for T6 since it will be an overkill for my room. Even Akash told the same thing.
For bass I have sub woofer (super cube 3) I dont know how it perform since I have not heard it. I was waiting to hear from someone about T5. Thanks for the info milestone seeker.

Renjith,

If you have sub i think you can go for T5 in my case i want floorstander that should give the bass of sub as well i am not willing to add any sub. any way i have not heard the T5 but hope this will be very close to T6 performance ( t5 + your sub).

I have super cube 3 sub.I have too decide on floor standing speaker.
PSB T5 and Tannoy DC6T which one is better? I have not listened to Dc6T and T5 but heard T6 and DC6 book shelf. T6 was too good (among speakers in my budget) but since I have sub I was thinking of T5.
When I talked to one demo guy he was suggesting Dc6T. He is saying DC6T is good in mid and high.Bass will be taken care by sub what I have. PSB T5 bass is better but not great at mid and high. I am not sure about this.

It will be great if any of you can give some idea.

Any idea about KEFQ700 compared to PSB T5 and Tannoy Dc6T? One of my friend was asking to hear this. If it is worth to spend time on Kef Q 700 I will go and check.

Thanks in advance
Renjith

Renjith,

Audio/Video this are purely personal choice. If you/friend decided on certain budget , try listen to all brands available in that budget and decide. No point in asking out for the sound quality as each one of us have different pair of ears.I would be biased to what I own/heard and so would others.

Auditioning is a great way to spend your weekends.

No Gyan! only thoughts!:)

Kittu

Thanks Kittu. I remember message from some one "cars and audio you need to try and finalize".
I am not able to audition it in a short span of time. I mean both are not available at the same place etc, etc. :mad:

Best Regards,
renjith

Thanks Kittu. I remember message from some one "cars and audio you need to try and finalize".
I am not able to audition it in a short span of time. I mean both are not available at the same place etc, etc. :mad:

Best Regards,
renjith

I read you. Long way to go to see a multi-brand store. :)

For now selected stores and selected brands (what they like/what they hype).;)

have super cube 3 sub.I have too decide on floor standing speaker.
PSB T5 and Tannoy DC6T which one is better? I have not listened to Dc6T and T5 but heard T6 and DC6 book shelf. T6 was too good (among speakers in my budget) but since I have sub I was thinking of T5.
When I talked to one demo guy he was suggesting Dc6T. He is saying DC6T is good in mid and high.Bass will be taken care by sub what I have. PSB T5 bass is better but not great at mid and high. I am not sure about this.

It will be great if any of you can give some idea.

Waiting for some help in deciding.Meanwhile I am trying to to check it my own and any help or view on deciding will be appreciated.

Hi All

Good speakers like PSBT6 etc wont perform well with AV receivers?
Do they need a stereo amp for best performance?
I heard when operated with AV receiver the speakers are used to only sixty or fifty percentage of its potential? Is that true??
Please let me know your thoughts.

I listened to Monitor Audio TX6 today and felt really good. Any one of you please share your opinion on this. Comparing to PSBT6 and PSB Tfive and Tannoy DC6T how it is?
Any way I know it is self opinion and each one has different taste etc etc. But still want to know thoughts from you all.

Thanks
Renjith

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back