Speaker Suggestion

Hi All

Good speakers like PSBT6 etc wont perform well with AV receivers?
Do they need a stereo amp for best performance?
I heard when operated with AV receiver the speakers are used to only sixty or fifty percentage of its potential? Is that true??
Please let me know your thoughts.

I listened to Monitor Audio TX6 today and felt really good. Any one of you please share your opinion on this. Comparing to PSBT6 and PSB Tfive and Tannoy DC6T how it is?
Any way I know it is self opinion and each one has different taste etc etc. But still want to know thoughts from you all.

Thanks
Renjith

Sorry I typed it wrongly .It is monitor audio silver Rx6.

the image T5 uses the same midbass and the B5
the T6 uses the same midbass as a B6

they both sound very different

one has an overwhelming rock and roll sound with more attack
the other has a more refined pleasant sound
(both to my ears - so please dont consider it as a generalisation)

i prefer the T5's

the Monitor audios RX6's is differnt sounding
it will do all things better than the PSB's except for the vocals and the texture

you need to decide what is important to you
If these are HT come stereo speakers - the monitor audios would do well
they would also pair better with an AVR i suppose due to its forward sounding nature

have super cube 3 sub.I have too decide on floor standing speaker.
PSB T5 and Tannoy DC6T which one is better? I have not listened to Dc6T and T5 but heard T6 and DC6 book shelf. T6 was too good (among speakers in my budget) but since I have sub I was thinking of T5.
When I talked to one demo guy he was suggesting Dc6T. He is saying DC6T is good in mid and high.Bass will be taken care by sub what I have. PSB T5 bass is better but not great at mid and high. I am not sure about this.

It will be great if any of you can give some idea.

Waiting for some help in deciding.Meanwhile I am trying to to check it my own and any help or view on deciding will be appreciated.

DC6T is 1.15L as per what hi-fi catalogue. Is that within your range?

No, Dc6T there are two series one is 60K that is revolution and other one revolution signature.Revolution signature is expensive but Dc6t revolution is almost the same but minor finishing and other things. That is what i heard. Not very sure.
I am looking something between 60 to 70K.

Hi

I am not planning for T6 and prefer T5 due to room size.The tough thing is to decide which one is more important vocal or pleasant sound.

MA RX6 work better with stereo amp and it may underperform with AV receiver. Will it pair well with Onkyo TX nr 609?

So I am very confused now since I don't have stereo amp.

Best regards
Renjith
the image T5 uses the same midbass and the B5
the T6 uses the same midbass as a B6

they both sound very different

one has an overwhelming rock and roll sound with more attack
the other has a more refined pleasant sound
(both to my ears - so please dont consider it as a generalisation)

i prefer the T5's

the Monitor audios RX6's is differnt sounding
it will do all things better than the PSB's except for the vocals and the texture

you need to decide what is important to you
If these are HT come stereo speakers - the monitor audios would do well
they would also pair better with an AVR i suppose due to its forward sounding nature

Guys,

Please help me in finalizing between Image T5,DC6T and Monitor Audio RX6.
I have listened to Monitor Audio RX6 and I liked it very much.
I also auditioned to Image T6 and I liked it but T6 may be an over kill for my room size and other thing is that I have a sub super cube3. Still not auditioned to Tannoy Dc6T. RX6 is slightly on higher side regarding cost.It is having similar cost as Image T6.

I heard RX6 recently and PSB T6 quite long ago.So not able to compare those.
My AV receiver is Onkyo TX NR 609. I dont know which of these speakers will pair well. Any help or inputs in finalizing will be helpful.

Thanks
Renjith

Why don't you just take your 609 for the final audition? My upfront recommendation would have been to demo every speaker with a similar AVR at the minimum. You can try with a stereo amp but at the end of the day, assess the speakers with an equivalent AVR to 609.

Since you have shortlisted the final set of speakers, just take your AVR along. Unless you are no longer able to audition them again in your city?

My only recommendation would be to not buy speakers unless you have auditioned them with your amp. I speak from my experience where I had really liked Energy CF-50s when paired with Onkyo's but when I heard them on my Denon, they sounded pretty different.

Hi milestoneseeker,

I will do that. I will take my AV receiver and then play each speaker with same settings (dB level) and compare the performance and decide. Thanks for the tip.I should have done it.

Best Regards
Renjith

Hi milestoneseeker,

I will do that. I will take my AV receiver and then play each speaker with same settings (dB level) and compare the performance and decide. Thanks for the tip.I should have done it.

Best Regards
Renjith

Hope to see some result in 11th page. :D

Amen ! renjith, best wishes for the final round of auditions ... my approach to this final round was to actually set-up back-to-back auditions with the dealers and then lug my AVR in my car. I had 3 speakers in my final list.

I pointedly asked the dealers to connect source to AVR via HDMI so that my AVR DAC was used (as that is how I planned to use at home). If you have a specific source whose DAC you will be leveraging (and not the AVR's) then take the pain and carry it too.

As you can't control the acoustics, control the chain during auditions :)

Thanks a lot for the tips. I will do audition back to back and will try to compare apples to apples so that there is no other variable in between. I want only the speakers to be the varaible. I was out of town this weekend.

Thx once again.

Guys,

Finally after lot of confusion I bought PSB Image T6 front Towers.Honestly I didnt compare between T6 and MA RX6 by taking my AV receiver. Now my system consist of Image T6, Onkyo TX NR 609 and super cube 111 from Def Tech. Planning to install it. Can you guys give some suggestion on Front cables and sub woofer cables? I already have Monster 16AWG speaker wires. I think it is more than sufficient than going for 12 AWG since length is less than 2 meters.
I have ordered Nakamichi banana plugs but not received yet.

Please give some tips on Subwoofer connections. Connecting from AV receiver out to sub woofer is a good option or there is any other good option?

Best Regards
Renjith

Monster 16AWG and Profigold 12AWG speaker cable will it make difference in performance for 3metre connection?

Last edited:
Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back