Speaker suggestion's for 12' x 13' bedroom.

Hi Venkat . really cool product but does it really hold that much weight and does it come with screws?

I am planning to get eiether the wharfedale diamond 9.1 and 9.2 both dont weight much.

this product is very common in south africa. easily holds a tv (which is heavy) and more.

go for definitive technology studio monitor 450 bookshelves. cost is about 39000 rupees but they are excellent. they have pressure driven side mounted subwoofer alongwith the front mounted tweeter and woofer. perfect for your requirement. contact 09820186108.

Hi Everyone thanks a lot. I have finally made my purchase.I got the wharfedale diamond 9.2 with the norge 2060 amp.I am quite happy with the sound.
Thanks to all your invaluable inputs. Now its time to sit back forget everything else, relax and enjoy the music...:)

Hi Everyone thanks a lot. I have finally made my purchase.I got the wharfedale diamond 9.2 with the norge 2060 amp.I am quite happy with the sound.
Thanks to all your invaluable inputs. Now its time to sit back forget everything else, relax and enjoy the music...:)

Congratulations on your equipment. Enjoy your system as that is what it all about at the end.

Do post a review after a months time. How much did you pick up the amp and 9.2s for? Cable?

TIA

Regards

go for definitive technology studio monitor 450 bookshelves. cost is about 39000 rupees but they are excellent. they have pressure driven side mounted subwoofer alongwith the front mounted tweeter and woofer. perfect for your requirement. contact 09820186108.

This is an interesting loud speaker choice. Could you post your listening experiences and also your thoughts on maybe how this speaker compares with others in the 40 K range?

without doubt the speakers are good. i listen only to western rock and western classical. i listen only two channel stereo. the stereo sound stage is three dimentional and razer sharp. there is no listening fatigue. dynamics are very good. the speakers are the best in the 40000 rupee bracket,whether you consider stand mounts or floor standers. i chose them over b&w 685.

without doubt the speakers are good. i listen only to western rock and western classical. i listen only two channel stereo. the stereo sound stage is three dimentional and razer sharp. there is no listening fatigue. dynamics are very good. the speakers are the best in the 40000 rupee bracket,whether you consider stand mounts or floor standers. i chose them over b&w 685.

Interesting that you say that you rate this above floorstanders or standmounts priced at this range. I would think that speakers such as KEF iQ5, Wharfedale Diamond 9.6, PSB Image T45, Acoustic Energy Aegis Neo 3, Monitor Audio Bronze BR5 etc would be the top dogs in that price range. Or there could be standmounts such as the EPOS M12.2, Dynaudio Audience 42, Mezzo 2 etc.

Did you get these from Chennai? I would love to listen to these. Audio People here in Chennai does not seem to carry a lot of the budget stuff from Definitive Technology.

Balakrishna, I'm very happy to hear that you found your combination. Hope you enjoy your music now :) I would also be very interested to get more feedback from you about how your system sounds. Out of curiousity, how would you compare your 9.2 with the other speakers you auditioned, such as PSB? Plus, how does the Norge amp sound? Did you manage to audition it in Pune as well?

On a side note, try some post-rock... it should sound really good on your system and I think you'll like it as well, especially because the genre straddles rock and classical. Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Explosions in the Sky are a couple of good examples. A personal favourite of mine is Welcome, Ghosts.

Balakrishna, I'm very happy to hear that you found your combination. Hope you enjoy your music now :) I would also be very interested to get more feedback from you about how your system sounds. Out of curiousity, how would you compare your 9.2 with the other speakers you auditioned, such as PSB? Plus, how does the Norge amp sound? Did you manage to audition it in Pune as well?

On a side note, try some post-rock... it should sound really good on your system and I think you'll like it as well, especially because the genre straddles rock and classical. Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Explosions in the Sky are a couple of good examples. A personal favourite of mine is Welcome, Ghosts.

Hi Arun thanx dude.I would rate the PSB B25 much higher actually but due to budget constraints i couldnt go for it. Yep I had auditionmed it at SILO. But if you would like you can come over to my house and checkout the 9.2 's in a real(I mean regular bedroom) room for yourself.The norge amps seem very decent.

Do post a review after a months time. How much did you pick up the amp and 9.2s for? Cable?

TIA

Regards

Hi Gobble thanks dude.

I just wanted to know how much time do 9.2's take to break in? Regarding the cables

I just bought some very thick ofc cable from the local electronics market(The store owner sad they weere 18 gauge but I am sure they are much lower gauge as they are way thicker than the 18 gauge cables I had seen. ) Didnt buy any interconnects.

The amp costed me 8.2k I know I am paying higher but the dealer woulnt budge.

hi thevortex,

i got the deftech studiomonitor 450 from audio excellence in mumbai.they are the main distributors for india. contact them on 09820186108. ask them as to who else other than audiopeople can arrange an audition in chennai.

hi thevortex,

i got the deftech studiomonitor 450 from audio excellence in mumbai.they are the main distributors for india. contact them on 09820186108. ask them as to who else other than audiopeople can arrange an audition in chennai.

So you got the 9.2 and also the the DefTech 450? Did you find the PSB B25 as non-fatuiging as the 9.2s? What is the plus and minus of 9.2 vs B25? I got the 9.2 but was considering B25 and did not get them because I could not audition them in Bangalore.

How does DefTech 450 rate compared to 9.2?

Cheers

Hi Gobble thanks dude.

I just wanted to know how much time do 9.2's take to break in?

Can't say for sure if mine has broken in yet after 2 months. Centering has improved a bit though. A lot depends on speaker placements - follow the manual - 0.7m from rear/side walls.

Just enjoy listening and in a few months you will settle for the sound rather than keep wondering how another speaker would have sounded ... :)

At these prices, the 9.2s allow you to buy time (like a few years) to decide if you want to spend $$$ on a speaker alone. :D

Cheers

I just wanted to know how much time do 9.2's take to break in? Regarding the cables

Usually ~150 hrs of moderate volume. They are one stubborn pair I have noticed but once they open up, they provide a pretty good soundstage provided you have a suitable amp driving them. Also they sound even better with a poweramp.

I just bought some very thick ofc cable from the local electronics market(The store owner sad they weere 18 gauge but I am sure they are much lower gauge as they are way thicker than the 18 gauge cables I had seen.

This is overkill unless you are running very looooong lengths (30 ft or above). What are you trying to achieve with such a gauge?

Usually ~150 hrs of moderate volume. They are one stubborn pair I have noticed but once they open up, they provide a pretty good soundstage provided you have a suitable amp driving them. Also they sound even better with a poweramp.

This is overkill unless you are running very looooong lengths (30 ft or above). What are you trying to achieve with such a gauge?

18 gauge is thinner than 16 gauge is thinner than 14 .. you should get a 16 or 14 for for best sound. American Wire Gauge table and AWG Electrical Current Load Limits

Cheers

I paid only 40 rs/metre. They seemed way better than the 80 rs/ metre (or was it foot) cable shown by the dealer. I dont get the idea behind branded cables.

hi gobble,
def tech studio monitor 450 speakers are a whole lot better sounding than wharfedale 9.2. if you want to audition psb 25, contact balaji ramachandran of mahendra associates in bangalore. they are the representatives for parasound, deftech speakers, PSB speakers, nad and lagacy speakers in bangalore. telephone numbers are 08040212223 , 08023469441 and mobile of mr. balaji is 9343828522.

hi gobble,
def tech studio monitor 450 speakers are a whole lot better sounding than wharfedale 9.2. if you want to audition psb 25, contact balaji ramachandran of mahendra associates in bangalore. they are the representatives for parasound, deftech speakers, PSB speakers, nad and lagacy speakers in bangalore. telephone numbers are 08040212223 , 08023469441 and mobile of mr. balaji is 9343828522.

I wish someone had posted this info earlier like in Dec 1st week. I searched hi and low for NAD/PSB dealer, didn't know there was on in Bangalore. Lakozy does not respond to emails I guess they do nt want to sell to much :)

Thanks for posting the info.

What did you say the price of DefTech 450 was?

Cheers

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back