Speakers for a 5.1 setup in Chennai

desihifi

I just bought a Sony STR-DH520 7.1 AV Receiver which can output Dolby trueHD, ProLogic IIz and dts-HD audio.

Looking for pointers to get good speakers and wires for 5.1 setup in Chennai. Have a budget of around Rs.30000.

Thanks

Last edited:
Boaston Acoustics Soundware XS around 24K in hifimart. Another option is Polk TL 1600. Visit sites like hifimart.com, technoguru.in, htstore.in to get pricing info.

There are HIfi showrooms around chennai,

Some of them are Profx from spencer plaza, audio people from Tnagar, craftel from Pudupettai, sonodyne from kilpauk.

You can go to these places and have some auditions.

Is there any place in Chennai where I can audition these speakers?

Hi

You can try AV Zone a newly opened store in Radhakrishnan Salai Saravana Bhavan drive in hotel complex. They have a demo room and good pricing for Boston, Marantz, Wharfadale, Denon and Pioneer models.

Regards

sub

Check Cinebels, Nungambakkam for Klipsch, Jamo etc.
Decibels, Teynampet for B&W (and other brands)
Tru Surround Nungambakkam, for Energy, Elac, Onkyo etc.
Yamaha music square, nUngambakkam for Yamaha brand.

congrats on the speakers.. :)

BTW How much did it cost ??

And how did you buy the energy from US - did someone bring it to you or using the shipping method

Sorry just for joke... You handle is "Desi' and you bought abroad "hifi" product ? Is it right ;)

Thanks for all the inputs. Finally got Energy take classic 5.1 from US.

Have also bought
Atlantic 77335068 Satellite 5 Speaker Mounting Brackets
and
Ocelot Banana Plugs, 24k Gold Plated Connectors, Open Screw Type, 12 Pair

1. Need suggestions on which wire and where to buy that in Chennai.

2. Also would appreciate any reference for persons who can do concealed wiring. We live in a flat. We missed to do the wiring during construction of the flat. :sad:

congrats on the speakers.. :)

BTW How much did it cost ??

And how did you buy the energy from US - did someone bring it to you or using the shipping method

Bought it for US $399 (~Rs.21,318) :cool:

One of my friend brought it for me (after complaining so much about how the speakers occupied one complete suitcase of him :rolleyes:).

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back