Speakers for Home Theater - Less than 40K

ankitj

Hi,

I am looking for home theater speakers. Budget is less than 40K. Initial plan was to buy onkyo HTiB 9700(receiver+speakers both @ 98K). Plan dropped due to very large size of speakers, even though its woofer was monstrous in performance.

I've also listened to JBL cinema 300. It was a likable speaker package but is not available anywhere now.

Receiver Planned: Onkyo 545/646 /Denon 1200/ Pioneer VSX 930 (all 7.2 supporting atmos)

Speaker Options:
1. Onkyo SKS HT528 @28K (no reviews anywhere)
2. BA XS 5.1 @ 25K (not sure of its sound, only saw it online, unsure of center speaker vocal performance)
3.JBL cinema 510 @ 22K (Lacks Bass)
4. Mix n Match with bookshelfs & surrounds (Taga harmony platinum front & center, JBL control one surround & Pioneer woofer MS3SW) @ around 45K
5.Bose acoustimass 6 @ 47K (Didn't find them enough bassy)
However all the above options are still not looking very convincing.

Pls suggest any other speaker package or combination possible.

Speakers shall be placed only in my bedroom with no possibility of Tower speakers.Will be using them for Gaming, movies & music with usage @ 40:40:20%.

Thanks !!

I think you should go for Taga TAV606 SE.It comes with a pair of tower,bookshelf and a center.The Mrp is hardly something around 30k.The looks and performance is really good.

Hi,

Where can I buy Taga speakers?

Hifimart is having very limited models.

TAV606 is also not present on it.

Also any reviews on Boston Acoustics XS 5.1?

Thanks

Hi

BA XS 5.1 are good speakers.....work well for music, movies and gaming...i used them for 2 years.....

There are many online dealers, you will be able to see the rates and get a fair idea......if audition is not possible then check You Tube videos ...all the best....

I think you should go for Taga TAV606 SE.It comes with a pair of tower,bookshelf and a center.The Mrp is hardly something around 30k.The looks and performance is really good.

Hi, thanx for sharing the contact details for MZdistributors.

After discussing, I am considering TAV606 with TSW90. But there are noo reviews available for the same. Are you using these speakers? What are the advantages of using tower speakers as from speakers in HT? Is there any other subwoofer available in similar price range which gives really tight thump?

i listened to polk audio T50,T30 & T15 combo. It wasn't having very convincing performance. Also listened to pure acoustics RB6 package, center speaker was not very clear. Its sub was better than Polk audio psw110.

hi ankitj , have you purchased taga harmony tav 606?? please share a review.. coz i am also looking for the same setup. if some has listened to this model please give a review.
thanks

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back