Speakers for Music and Movies

esobaki

Hi All.

I am looking for either 2.1 or 2.0 active speakers for my PC. Budget is around 12K MAX.

Usage will be 50% movies and 50% music. I like cleaner and crisp music but won't mind some bass too.

Earlier I had AL 4121 model which broke but bass on those was good.

Below are some of the speakers I have selected -

1. Swan M10
2. Swan D1080-IV
3. HK Soundsticks III (getting around 7.5K shipped). I have auditioned these and they seems to be nice speaker better than my previous AL's.

I have dropped Klipsch Promedia 2.1 as they have too much bass as per the reviews online.

Please help.

Hi esobaki

I do still have the AL 4121 and there is no other model of speakers which performs so well as them except for the AL MX 5050 which I owned first and it ran into some issues and I got refunded as it could not be repaired.....

There are other brands available in the market...see this (Roland)

ROLAND MA-15D DIGITAL STEREO MICRO MONITOR WITH BASE cake walk in Grant Road, Mumbai New Music Systems - Home Theatre on Mumbai Quikr Classifieds

There are Creative T20s or T40s you may want to consider....

Hope this helps

To give you a background to what @efernand1 is recommending, go through this thread. Read the feedback by HFV users when they demoed this set of speakers during a Pune meet.

I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Just to let you know guys. I have never heard or used Active or Passive Monitors in my life, only 2.0 system i had was AIWA HI-FI stereo system which is almost 16 years old but i really liked the sound coming from them. AL 4121 was the only good 2.1 system i had in my life.

But i really want to own a good 2.0 or 2.1 system for my PC.

Hi esobaki

I do still have the AL 4121 and there is no other model of speakers which performs so well as them except for the AL MX 5050 which I owned first and it ran into some issues and I got refunded as it could not be repaired.....

There are other brands available in the market...see this (Roland)

ROLAND MA-15D DIGITAL STEREO MICRO MONITOR WITH BASE cake walk in Grant Road, Mumbai New Music Systems - Home Theatre on Mumbai Quikr Classifieds

There are Creative T20s or T40s you may want to consider....

Hope this helps

Thanks @efernand1.

How do these compare with Swan D1080-IV, they are much cheaper than Swans though.

Thanks Abhi. Can you please let me know which speakers have better bass M10 or D1080-IV.

Also how do HK SIII compare with M10. I heard HK system and really liked it but found it to be some what bass heavy.

To give you a background to what @efernand1 is recommending, go through this thread. Read the feedback by HFV users when they demoed this set of speakers during a Pune meet.

I am sure you will not be disappointed.

Thanks @kneo. Will surely go thru this thread.

Thanks Abhi. Can you please let me know which speakers have better bass M10 or D1080-IV.

Also how do HK SIII compare with M10. I heard HK system and really liked it but found it to be some what bass heavy.

I personally have not heard Soundsticks III (obviously as it is not at all possible to listen to each and every speaker on the planet) but from what I gathered from people opinions are this:

SoundSticks III: More bass, slightly less clarity or can say warm than the M10.
Swan M10: Less but very tight bass than the Soundsticks III, an excellent clarity which you may not find in any other speaker at this price range and even more than this and to top that, a wide soundstage.

So decide your priority and go for the one you like.

Thanks Abhi, appreciate it.

Can you please share your views on D1080-IV also. How they compare with M10?

Also I see M10 are showing out of stock on hifinage.

It would have been shipped on the 18th evening(holi was on 17th, so bluedart office was closed else it would have been shipped on 17th evening itself) if you would have ordered it through our website.

We are having so many issues with Amazon's shipping partner and there are many issues between the Amazon's shipping partner and FEDEX for our location. Issues are technical so not only yours, all the customer's order got late in shipping out.

We were told by the amazon's shipping partner today that all the pending orders will be shipped out today. So let see how far is it true.

These issues aren't in our hand, we have even created 2-3 cases with Amazon's seller support and one of the case is under their processing.

I can even give you the case ID if you want in PM. Hope you understand and FEDEX delivers your order at the earliest.

It would have been shipped on the 18th evening(holi was on 17th, so bluedart office was closed else it would have been shipped on 17th evening itself) if you would have ordered it through our website.

We are having so many issues with Amazon's shipping partner and there are many issues between the Amazon's shipping partner and FEDEX for our location. Issues are technical so not only yours, all the customer's order got late in shipping out.

We were told by the amazon's shipping partner today that all the pending orders will be shipped out today. So let see how far is it true.

These issues aren't in our hand, we have even created 2-3 cases with Amazon's seller support and one of the case is under their processing.

I can even give you the case ID if you want in PM. Hope you understand and FEDEX delivers your order at the earliest.

I have no problems ordering thru Hifinage site but there is almost 1400 Rs difference in price between Hifinage site and Amazon.

Amazon site shows dispatch between 19th and 20th (that's today) hope it gets shipped today.

I will inquire if item is shipped or not today evening.

Dear esobaki,

I am using three DACs: Centrance DACPort LX, Musical Fidelity V-DAC and Musical Fidelity M1DAC.

Centrance DACPort LX is the cheapest DAC of all the DACs I have and it is a 24/96 USB Class A DAC as well as stereophile's class B recommended product of the year 2013. Till now, I am unable to find any discernible sonic differences between these three DACs in my system and my vote goes to Centrance DACPort LX.

Dear esobaki,

I am using three DACs: Centrance DACPort LX, Musical Fidelity V-DAC and Musical Fidelity M1DAC.

Centrance DACPort LX is the cheapest DAC of all the DACs I have and it is a 24/96 USB Class A DAC as well as stereophile's class B recommended product of the year 2013. Till now, I am unable to find any discernible sonic differences between these three DACs in my system and my vote goes to Centrance DACPort LX.

Can you please share what is the price of the DAC and where i can buy here in India?

Got the speakers yesterday..:yahoo:

FedEx said it will be delivered in the evening. so i went myself to pick them up :eek:.

Packaging was good there were no visible bumps or scratches on the speakers and boy these things are heavy and big.

connected them to my iMac thru headphone jack and played 320 kbps songs.

Impressions -

I haven't heard active monitors earlier but these are one of the best computer speakers i have ever heard. mid levels were absolutely spot on. Bass was thumpy - tight and enough for my 10X10 room.

FLAC's sound much better and instruments sound much clear than 320 kbps songs. I hope this will get sorted once i have DAC

Me and my wife earlier auditioned 1.5 year old Mezzo2 and she told Swan's sounded sweeter than Mezzo 2. I agree with her.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back