Speakers options for Marantz SR 5005

utkarsh

I have purchased Marantz SR5005 from Hifimart now waiting for delivery.
After much consideration and reading, I'm still not able to choose which speakers I should get for my Marantz SR5005AV receiver

Option 1.
Center Aviano 5 Rs14000
Bookshelf Aviano 2 Rs22000
Sub Boston Acoustics ASW 250 Rs20000
Rear Diamond 10.DFS Rs14000

Total Rs70000.0

Option 2.
Center Diamond 10.CC
Tower Diamond 10.4
Sub Woofer Diamond SW-150
Rear Diamond 10.DFS

Total Rs 72000

I will prefer Diamond 10.5 Tower + Diamond 10.CS in the package I will get the price today.

Option 3
Home Theater 5.1 Speaker Package
Boston Acoustics A 2310HTS Rs45000
Paradigm Cinema 110 CT Rs47000
Tannoy HTS101 Rs37000
Definitive Technology Pro Cinema 60.6 Rs49000

I will get Tower Aviano 6 with this.

For Marantz both Aviano and Wharfedale s are a good option.Marantz is a warm/musical amp, so if you want a musical setup go for Wharfedale (warm) i.e warm-warm combo. otherwise If u want a good HT setup with a neutral to bright (warm amp + bright speakers) go for avianos.,

For Marantz both Aviano and Wharfedale s are a good option.Marantz is a warm/musical amp, so if you want a musical setup go for Wharfedale (warm) i.e warm-warm combo. otherwise If u want a good HT setup with a neutral to bright (warm amp + bright speakers) go for avianos.,

You are correct Marantz + Wharfedale can be good only for music. But i use AVR 70% for Movies so Aviano will be the right choice.

Yesterday i had a chance to listen to Aviano 2, Aviano 5 at Jamshedpur distributor of Morduant Short.

It was bloody fantastic. I asked the salesman to shutoff the Subwoofer .. I can't believe the bass output from such little speakers. The midrange is clear and the treble is great.

He offered me Aviano 2 + Aviano 5 + Aviano 7 for Rs 61000. I think i can get the same in 50k in mumbai.

Aviano 2 is having amazing bass so buying Aviano 7 will it be a overkill. If i get some other Sub for 18k-to 20k i can save some money.

Last edited:
For a HT Setup A sub is essential , no bookshelf or floorstander can come any near to the sub, the low frequency they produce. The thunderous, rumbling sound which creates a all total different environment while watching a movie cannot be produced the Aviano 2 or for that matter any other bookshelves..
And IMHO dont go for the aviano 7 sub, there are better options available in that price range. You can go for Velodyne Impact 10 .or Wharfedale SW150 .
Alternatively order the JBL ES150 or JBL ES250 from amazon.de (But get the delivery at Mumbai not Jamshedpur, as there are chances that the local courier guys might damage the sub while transit from Mumbai to Jamshedpur.)

Utkarsh, What is your room size ?

I heard the Aviano 2's a couple of days ago with the Marantz SR5006 ( not the 5005) . It sounded pretty balanced and musical.
A FM sagarvikram auditioned Marantz with Aviano 2's quite extensively. He auditioned the Aviano 6 as well. (He was disappointed with the Aviano 6 performance) I presume he would be in a better position to guide you with the Aviano's since he has spent a considerable amount of time with them
The Wharfedale 10 series to my ears atleast sounds better with Denon barring the 10.7 which i felt had better synergy with Marantz.

For a HT Setup A sub is essential , no bookshelf or floorstander can come any near to the sub, the low frequency they produce. The thunderous, rumbling sound which creates a all total different environment while watching a movie cannot be produced the Aviano 2 or for that matter any other bookshelves..
And IMHO dont go for the aviano 7 sub, there are better options available in that price range. You can go for Velodyne Impact 10 .or Wharfedale SW150 .
Alternatively order the JBL ES150 or JBL ES250 from amazon.de (But get the delivery at Mumbai not Jamshedpur, as there are chances that the local courier guys might damage the sub while transit from Mumbai to Jamshedpur.)

I was thinking the same buying Velodyne Impact 10 will be good option:)

Utkarsh, What is your room size ?

I heard the Aviano 2's a couple of days ago with the Marantz SR5006 ( not the 5005) . It sounded pretty balanced and musical.
A FM sagarvikram auditioned Marantz with Aviano 2's quite extensively. He auditioned the Aviano 6 as well. (He was disappointed with the Aviano 6 performance) I presume he would be in a better position to guide you with the Aviano's since he has spent a considerable amount of time with them
The Wharfedale 10 series to my ears atleast sounds better with Denon barring the 10.7 which i felt had better synergy with Marantz.

My Room size is 15 x 12 ft.
Today i saw the post of sagarvikram selling Aviano 2.. In my budget Aviano 2 is more suitable than Aviano 6
I think Denon should sound good with Wharfedale as it considered as warm speaker.

My Room size is 15 x 12 ft.
Today i saw the post of sagarvikram selling Aviano 2.. In my budget Aviano 2 is more suitable than Aviano 6
I think Denon should sound good with Wharfedale as it considered as warm speaker.

15x12. Bookshelves are a better option for HT. Aviano 2 is right up your alley
Yes Denon would be better with Wharfedale however not all Wharfedales.
That's why auditioning is key.

Velodyne Impact 10 is a pretty good sub, if you can stretch Impact 12.
Also look at the Klipsch SW 450, SW-350.
JBL ES250PW is movies is your priority and if you want the flexibility of wirelss.
Polk as some pretty decent subs as well.
So you have a wide array of subs in your price range

Yes I forgot to mention the SW450 also... This Klipsch is a monster ! I had the chance to audition it last week at the New Jamo Store in our city-Guwahati.. for 35k (MRP) its a very good sub .. creates a very good intense environment while watchin movies..

Today I placed order for Aviano 2, Aviano 5 and Velodyne Impact 10 Subwoofer.
Thanks Hemant (yahoo0212) for helping me by giving contact details of Retailer.

Now the major doubt that I have is, would it be fine if I have different brands for my front and rear speakers.
Front - Mordaunt Short Aviano 2 (8 ohms)
Center - Mordaunt Short Aviano 5 (8 ohms)
Sub - Velodyne Impact 10"
Rear - I thought of Wharfedale Diamond DFS

Will I get the proper surround sound by including Diamond DFS (6 ohms) or I should go for same brand Mordaunt Short Aviano 1 or Mordaunt Short Alumni 2 satellites.

ALways the Fronts and Center shd be same...same company and same series.. which U already have Aviano 2 and 5... You can always have a different sub and surrounds.. DFS are good. Did u get the Velodyne from HTStore ? Price?

ALways the Fronts and Center shd be same...same company and same series.. which U already have Aviano 2 and 5... You can always have a different sub and surrounds.. DFS are good. Did u get the Velodyne from HTStore ? Price?

Yes got Sub from HTStore for 23k with shipping without shipping he quoted 22k.

Hi ,
Looking at your gear, i had purchased the Morduant Short 6 to pair it up with Denon 1912. Now i am looking at a DVD/BD player for playing the CDs or dvds. Which is the best DVD/Blue ray player you suggest ?

await your response.

thanks & regards
Manoj

Hi,
I also have a Marantz SR5005. I was wondering whether the following would be compatible.
Fluance SXHTBW Surround Sound Home Theater Speaker System or Fluance AVHTB Surround Sound Home Theater 5.0 Channel Speaker System which is available in Ebay
and Polk Audio PSW111 sub? As for the sub, it's nominal power rate is 300W RMS though the AVR has 100W. I really need your suggestion on this pls.
Awaiting your response.

Thanks & Regards
Nazeer

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back