Speakers to match tube amps?

well, you seem to be on the road to doing patchwork! :sad: my recommendation would be to listen and then decide cos if you like the SET amp and single driver then buying the preamp would be a waste. you'd be better off saving up money and buying both at one shot next year. if you discover you like the preamp over the SET and push pull then you can explore using it with your existing receiver till you can get a dedicated power amp.

as for the other ideas, well i have pretty low opinion of jbl so would not recommend getting a jbl receiver :) 'loud' rather than quality. there are tons of options out there that would give you a dramatic quantum leap in sound quality well within your budget of 30-50k. i have no idea of power amps so cant recommend any unfortunately. quad has a power amp but that might be exp. check the back pages of what hi-fi you'll get power amp brands.

so basically you need to listen and decide between SET, push pull or tube preamp and then plan your speakers accordingly whether you can upgrade piecemeal or later all together by saving up this year's budget.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back