Speed Post India - Worst postal service i have ever encountered

Also, the tracking status showing "incorrect address" or "addressee unavailable" is typical of all courier companies and India Post where they shift the reason of an undelivered package on that day to the adressee instead of the delivery person. I've learnt to ignore such status's - it usually gets delivered the next day. If the same status shows up for multiple days, only then there is cause for concern and it's time to start praying.

Also, the tracking status showing "incorrect address" or "addressee unavailable" is typical of all courier companies and India Post where they shift the reason of an undelivered package on that day to the adressee instead of the delivery person. I've learnt to ignore such status's - it usually gets delivered the next day. If the same status shows up for multiple days, only then there is cause for concern and it's time to start praying.
DTDC is notorious for this. When I am expecting a parcel by DTDC I check the tracking ID obsessively. There have been times when the tracking shows it as delivered when it was not, in reality. When I called them later they said "we have a target to meet and it was raining so we marked as delivered" - and then delivered after a few days. The problem is usually at their top levels who have unreasonable expectations - it's not fair to blame the folks on the ground always (sometimes, yes) on the ground IMO.

DTDC is notorious for this. When I am expecting a parcel by DTDC I check the tracking ID obsessively. There have been times when the tracking shows it as delivered when it was not, in reality. When I called them later they said "we have a target to meet and it was raining so we marked as delivered" - and then delivered after a few days. The problem is usually at their top levels who have unreasonable expectations - it's not fair to blame the folks on the ground always (sometimes, yes) on the ground IMO.
They do this and others write false reason for not delivering. Ultimately all unethical and they overload their staff with work
Basically to do vasuli of their salaries
So a better picture can be shown when the IPO is launched

India Post is the worlds largest postal network with close to 95% connectivity across India. It has been doing yeoman service to the nation and has been the only connectivity for rural India for decades.
Its rates are very cheap and inspite of drop in recruitment over the years, its staff members, especially the foot soldiers which include many women have been tirelessly working to deliver letters, documents and parcels to the remotest corners of the country.
For our brave jawans patrolling the borders, India posr has been the only soccour to communicate with the families thousands of miles away before the mobile revolution.
Postcards. telegrams carrying very cheerful or sorrowful information still remain as memorablias in many families.
India Post has successfully delivered crores of Aadhaar cards across the country and one isolated incident does not prove anything or call for a thread to shame the employees of the biggest network in the world.

I personally use Speedpost, registered post and other postal services and the quality has been top notch most of the time. Yes glitches are there everywhere.
If I have had good experience with private operators like DTDC, Professional, Blue Dart etc...I have also had bad experience with them. It is bound to happen and last mile problem exists everywhere.
big yes
nobody can deliver on time round the clock 24 by 7 365days without any hiccups

A couple of my recent experiences with Speed Post & India Post. My updated Aadhaar card arrived via Speed Post and it was dropped into my postbox. A debit card was expected via India Post. The inept bank department only mentioned my name and building name on the card parcel and left out the remaining address. I received the India Post sms stating out for delivery but the postman didn't know the address. Within 10 mins of that sms I received a call from the postman asking for my complete address. I received the card within the next 1 hour so thanks to Speed Post & India Post for their speedy and efficient service.

Actually I've personally had many good experiences with India Post since my childhood (I used to send letters regularly to international radio stations, requesting QSLs for reception reports). Same with Speed Post as well, although I must politiely say that I could never understand the difference between Speed Post, Registered Post and Ordinary Post, from a delivery timeline perspective. I always experienced the same delivery timelines for these 3 streams. We now have a lady at our local post office (695017) who delivers letters and she is very polite and professional.

Disclaimer: my father joined the Post and Telegraphs department in 1958 (retired in 1995). Later I think, these were separated into India Post, BSNL and MTNL. Hence despite being a staunch capitalist and private sector/corporate supporter, I have a soft corner for both BSNL and India Post :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back