Speed Post India - Worst postal service i have ever encountered

I know it may be difficult to do, but to those attempting to troll, let's try to keep it down, please.

From what I have seen, it's the people who make up a branch of a Govt. or PSU and like everywhere, there are the good and the bad. The postman who comes to our office has never delivered any mails to me but always has a big smile and a namaste whenever we pass on the corridors. One Manager at my SBI branch came to work on a Sunday to clear my loan application for my bike as I had told him that my bike was already at the showroom waiting for delivery.

From what I have seen, it's the people who make up a branch of a Govt. or PSU and like everywhere, there are the good and the bad.
Exactly; and we should cheer on the good and condemn the bad. And make no compromises or excuses while doing so.

I dont know if it is by rule or not but....
since long back Indian Post have stopped posting door to door in societies (high rise or with no lift) and so locked letterbox should be kept on ground floor and postman delivers in letterbox. Aadhar Card is given away free of delivery charges in Ordinary mail (Registered documents require recipients sign). So postman will not bother.
Regards

I dont know if it is by rule or not but....
since long back Indian Post have stopped posting door to door in societies (high rise or with no lift) and so locked letterbox should be kept on ground floor and postman delivers in letterbox.
Yes, the expectations of India Post from recipients, in their service charter states that a mailbox for each address is to be provided on the ground floor in multi storied buildings.
Aadhar Card is given away free of delivery charges in Ordinary mail (Registered documents require recipients sign). So postman will not bother.
Regards
I think the charges used to be Rs.50 for the PVC Aadhaar card - not sure what is is now. They send it by Speed Post.

with a full declared value $250 and still no duty was demanded / paid ?
One time, they charged me the princely sum of Rs. 5 as duty which I gladly paid. :)

Last edited:
India Post is the worlds largest postal network with close to 95% connectivity across India. It has been doing yeoman service to the nation and has been the only connectivity for rural India for decades.
Its rates are very cheap and inspite of drop in recruitment over the years, its staff members, especially the foot soldiers which include many women have been tirelessly working to deliver letters, documents and parcels to the remotest corners of the country.
For our brave jawans patrolling the borders, India posr has been the only soccour to communicate with the families thousands of miles away before the mobile revolution.
Postcards. telegrams carrying very cheerful or sorrowful information still remain as memorablias in many families.
India Post has successfully delivered crores of Aadhaar cards across the country and one isolated incident does not prove anything or call for a thread to shame the employees of the biggest network in the world.

I personally use Speedpost, registered post and other postal services and the quality has been top notch most of the time. Yes glitches are there everywhere.
If I have had good experience with private operators like DTDC, Professional, Blue Dart etc...I have also had bad experience with them. It is bound to happen and last mile problem exists everywhere.
+1 to this. We have always had good experiences with governmental postal services such as indiapost/speedpost. Despite all odds, there is a certain level of professionalism and integrity especially wrt the foot soldiers come rain or shine. I'd even trust them more over private operators. IMO @Hari Iyer you should have a serious word with your watchmen/security staff to ensure that such mistakes do not happen again in the future.

Are offtopic discussions permitted here? I'd like to rant about my electricity board often looping two phases as three instead of opening out all three. The lift is sometimes not functional as a result of that. Oh and my friendly neighbourhood postman scratches his head for each festival and i have to pay him 100 rupees for pongal, diwali and new year. (Oh by the way the tips do help!! Try it out and you'd get a 6 sigma accuracy. )

If your postman, electrician, barber, tailor, butcher etc. is in anyway affecting the quality of your sound, then it's up for discussion.

Gosh! My milkman farted. The paperman threw the newspaper on top of dog shit crock. My postman whistled at our maid. The schoolbus of my children honked aloud. My tenant has not paid rent. My mother hates my home theater. The coffee had a moong dal and mustard floating on it. My bathroom has a leaking tap. A crow crapped on my T shirt hung on roof top. An ant bit my neighbour and she blames my sound stage. There is a fly in my sandwich and when i complained about that to my wife she says not to worry. The spider in the pan placed next to it will catch it. Darn what a blue i am facing this morning.

My mistake. By the way, Kannan's reply is very patriotic and took me to 7th cloud. Really hats off to Posts and telegraphs in servicing us inspite of challenges faced.

I have mix experience with Indian post. I have lost phono cartridge (Bought from ebay) and amp board (Diyaudio-Royal Mail (Owner did refunded me after I waited for few months)). And was once charged unreasonable duty on phono preamp boards.

Pleasant surprise was I called Mumbai GPO during covid restrictions to enquire about normal delay during those times. The person at the phone said most staff were at meeting (Morning time) but gave me rough estimate and personal mobile no. saying he will do follow up and give exact information. On another occasion once I forgot to take balance money after speed posting a letter. The lady not only kept money aside; made an entry in to account book told me to come next day to meet post master and with due process was given back balance money.

Gosh! My milkman farted. The paperman threw the newspaper on top of dog shit crock. My postman whistled at our maid. The schoolbus of my children honked aloud. My tenant has not paid rent. My mother hates my home theater. The coffee had a moong dal and mustard floating on it. My bathroom has a leaking tap. A crow crapped on my T shirt hung on roof top. An ant bit my neighbour and she blames my sound stage. There is a fly in my sandwich and when i complained about that to my wife she says not to worry. The spider in the pan placed next to it will catch it. Darn what a blue i am facing this morning.
A typical normal day in India. (Also dont forget Himesh Reshamia still insists on singing.)
Regards

you should have a serious word with your watchmen/security staff to ensure that such mistakes do not happen again in the future.
Isn't it the responsibility of the postman to deliver at my home. Watchman/security is not paid salary by India post to deliver at my home. Infact he is obliging me by accepting the parcel and imo is not answerable for non-delivery. I have not seen any notification from Govt of India that henceforth all parcels will be delivered only till security gate and it's responsibilty of the consignee to collect from their security personnel. It's plain laziness of postman or lack of motivation to deliver

Isn't it the responsibility of the postman to deliver at my home. Watchman/security is not paid salary by India post to deliver at my home. Infact he is obliging me by accepting the parcel and imo is not answerable for non-delivery. I have not seen any notification from Govt of India that henceforth all parcels will be delivered only till security gate and it's responsibilty of the consignee to collect from their security personnel. It's plain laziness of postman or lack of motivation to deliver
Unless one establishes actual facts we will run around in circles. Fyi many cooperative housing societies especially the larger ones have a protocol in place when it comes to food delivery aggregators, private couriers, government postal services, convenience store delivery boys etc. They do not allow anyone to enter the premises. All deliveries have to be deposited at main gate with security/watchmen who then delivers to the apartment or the member collects the item from the watchmen. If this is the case at your place then the postal staff is not to blame and you need to follow up with the watchman. On the contrary if all food delivery/postal/courier guys are allowed access up to individual apartments, then the postal staff surely needs to be pulled up for the apathy and negligence.

Consider this unofficial update.
...a postman was passing by near my office. I asked him if aadhar card is delivered at home or in box. He said if regular post it is dropped in box but for speed post it should be delivered at home.
regards

Unless one establishes actual facts we will run around in circles. Fyi many cooperative housing societies especially the larger ones have a protocol in place when it comes to food delivery aggregators, private couriers, government postal services, convenience store delivery boys etc. They do not allow anyone to enter the premises. All deliveries have to be deposited at main gate with security/watchmen who then delivers to the apartment or the member collects the item from the watchmen. If this is the case at your place then the postal staff is not to blame and you need to follow up with the watchman. On the contrary if all food delivery/postal/courier guys are allowed access up to individual apartments, then the postal staff surely needs to be pulled up for the apathy and negligence.
You are wrong here again. There is no protocol like this in my complex. All food deliveries, all couriers ( other than speedpost), all grocery is delivered at my door. I think the postman must be following the pandemic protocol even today. The government must have asked them not to deliver at home due to covid-19. They forgot to put an end date to this and our smart postman taking advantage :)-

Consider this unofficial update.
...a postman was passing by near my office. I asked him if aadhar card is delivered at home or in box. He said if regular post it is dropped in box but for speed post it should be delivered at home.
regards
It's Speed Post - EMS. So does that mean the postman is Lazy? Wondering?

My mistake. By the way, Kannan's reply is very patriotic and took me to 7th cloud.
Nationalism is part of our culture and nothing right or wrong with that. As per FM @Hiten post the EMS speedpost should have been delivered at home. But what i find ironical about the patriotism is - if we don't point out the wrong doings, then the postman like these get encouragement because of huge support for this kind of behaviour. This kind of encouragement should stop - like not delivered - is ok, but telling others that you have not delivered - is wrong.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back