Stay Away from Shopyourworld.com (victim)

sidglide

Shopyourworld.com not processing refund, 3months after cancellation of order.

I bought a AVR receiver from Shopyourworld.com
Order Number : TIN0441989US
Product Name : Sony STR-DN1020 3D Blu-ray Disc A/V Receiver
Date: 01-12-2011
Amount: Rs.27008/-
And for Overweight of the same item
Order Number : TIN0443306SG
Amount: Rs.3024/-
Paid additionally.

Due to non-delivery of item, I cancelled my order on the 5th of Jan 2012.
It has been close to 3 months now but the refund has been not processed by shopyourworld.com.
I have been calling them regularly but the lines to their customer care are so busy that even after holding the call for 2 hours could not get through.
I have emailed them many a times but hard to get a response from them.
I got a few responses from their customer care team where they promised the refund in in 2-3 days but never happened.
In this day and age when every company is striving to give their customers better services such behavior is unacceptable.
I think shopyourworld.com will have more complaints than the number of orders ever placed with them.
This company is completely scamming their customer.

Guys stay away from this firm. Highly dishonest seller!!!!!

Damn!!!!! Sid that hurts
How are you planning on recovering your money from them ?

If you bought it via E-bay . shooting out a mail to E-bay may help as well

This one i Bought off Shopyourworld Directly.
One they were unable to deliver then i bought the same stuff off Ebay Global.

Dont know buddy what to do!! Completely lost!!
I read about consumer courts and stuff it just takes forever to get a descision.

BTW Ebay Global was very prompt in delivery and quality of service and human interfacing ws awesome.. Highly Recommended.

Any Guidance is most welcome..

It's not true that consumer courts take forever to take decisions. At least you should see a lawyer about this and shoot off a legal notice to them before going to court, if nothing happens, then you must go to court. It's a straightforward case of scam unless they refund the money, in the extremely unlikely scenario that you don't get your money back at least you will expose them for what they are.

I am not sure of it, but you may also be able to register a FIR against them if they don't comply to your lawyer's letter, then you can submit that also along with your filing to the consumer court.

+1 for Koushik take on he scenerio

If your payment was through credit card, call the card company and lodge a complaint. I had a similar experience with SYW and called Citibank. They
promptly gave me credit for the amount and promised to investigate the matter from their end. If they find that I have already received the goods (which I have not) then they will charge me 18% interest on the amount so credited. Else, they'll recover it from the merchant.

Do not delay. Act right now.

Hope this helps.

The transaction was done a while back. Tried calling HDFC bank they said they do not entertain complaints which are more than 1 month old. :mad:

If your payment was through credit card, call the card company and lodge a complaint. I had a similar experience with SYW and called Citibank. They
promptly gave me credit for the amount and promised to investigate the matter from their end. If they find that I have already received the goods (which I have not) then they will charge me 18% interest on the amount so credited. Else, they'll recover it from the merchant.

Do not delay. Act right now.

Hope this helps.

I think going in legally would be the best way to do this.

But with the Indian Judiscial System iam sure it would be a lot of time before i see my money.

You can try your luck by disputing the charge with hdfc without saying anything about non delivery of items. It shld go under dispute resolution process with master or visa and could take upto 3 mths.

I have created a dispute with HDFC bank lets see what happens.

The customer service respresentative was very reluctant to classify my complain as a dispute. But finally agreed to dispute the same.

I would like to post an update to this thread.
Finally got a call from shopyourworld.
They said that they would be transferring the money into my account today.
Lets see what happens...

To Update my Experience Further, I have Not yet recived the Refund, I called them twice. Got the same response "payment will reflect on the card by the End of the Day"

Go through your bank's guidelines for cards. As per RBI, you can file a chargeback within 60 days. Write to the bank ombudsman and seek extension on the grounds that you were told to wait till one billing cycle.

Sent from LG 2x

Ordered a pair of shoes during first week of Dec 2011. Received the item yesterday after tons of emails, numerous phone calls. Promises it will be arriving so and so date etc. etc. I had lost hope. The item turned up via DHL yesterday after a gap of 4 months. Surely not a pleasant shopping experience.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back