Step Down transformer for AVR + HT

19_red

Hello HiFivisioners,

I bought an Harman Kardon Home theater(HKTS 16BQ) and an Harman Kardon AVR 1610S. Both these products are bought in the US and will be used in Hyderabad, India. As these products are build to work on a power input of 110V and will go boooooom if I power them up with a 220V input power in India. Just want someone who knows to confirm how do we go about calculating the total watt for a step down transformer?

Maximum input power for the AVR is 425Watt, sub at 200W and 5x speakers at 80watt each. So do we just consider the Watt for AVR and the Sub and buy a 750Watt stepdown or do you need to consider the speakers too, although they're connected to the AVR ?
If I calculate the speakers too then the total watt would be
425(AVR)+200(sub)+(5x80)(speakers) = 1025Watt step down.

Please help me with this and also who're the best sellers of step downs in Hyderabad/Bangalore or any website that can do shipping to hyd.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

Hello HiFivisioners,

I bought an Harman Kardon Home theater(HKTS 16BQ) and an Harman Kardon AVR 1610S. Both these products are bought in the US and will be used in Hyderabad, India. As these products are build to work on a power input of 110V and will go boooooom if I power them up with a 220V input power in India. Just want someone who knows to confirm how do we go about calculating the total watt for a step down transformer?

Maximum input power for the AVR is 425Watt, sub at 200W and 5x speakers at 80watt each. So do we just consider the Watt for AVR and the Sub and buy a 750Watt stepdown or do you need to consider the speakers too, although they're connected to the AVR ?
If I calculate the speakers too then the total watt would be
425(AVR)+200(sub)+(5x80)(speakers) = 1025Watt step down.

Please help me with this and also who're the best sellers of step downs in Hyderabad/Bangalore or any website that can do shipping to hyd.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Cheers.

You should exclude the speakers and just sum up the wattage of the AVR and Sub which takes it to about 650VA. Leave some headroom depending on transformer conversion efficiency, power factor etc and how loud your music gets as also demanding passages in the music. A 1KVA step down should be sufficient.

Maxine makes some good ones and they used to sell on ebay.in. They also have a website, don't remember the URL though. They make both isolation and non-isolation versions of the transformers (search the forum for more info'). Good solid build quality and no hum on the Maxine isolation transformer based stepdown I am using.

For last three months am using Maxine stepdown ,1Kv for my denon 3100 which is 7.2.
You can see at the Back for watts marked in the AVR.
Till now no problem .

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back