Step Down Transformer

afj

hi
looking for a step down transformer in hyderabad. could anyone help me with brands / stores
thanks

you will get a lot of options at gujrati gali , abids. I have a maxine one and its good. There is an MX dealer in the lane who has these , but check out other shops as well.

hi
looking for a step down transformer in hyderabad. could anyone help me with brands / stores
thanks
If you are using for AVR then go for 1KVa step down transformer with servo stabilizer. I had previously problem with my avr. after changing to this It great.

Hi All,
I recently imported a Denon 2112CI AV Receiver. After few attempts to get it running and several calls, i got a 2.5 KVA(anything less didn't work) Step down transformer and was able to get the Receiver up and running with it.

Now my problem is that my 2.5 KVA transformer makes lot of buzzing/humming noise, and it's very annoying. Is it normal for these High Wattage Step Down transformers to make lot of noise, or did i get a Sub-Standard unit?

Hi All,
I recently imported a Denon 2112CI AV Receiver. After few attempts to get it running and several calls, i got a 2.5 KVA(anything less didn't work) Step down transformer and was able to get the Receiver up and running with it.

Now my problem is that my 2.5 KVA transformer makes lot of buzzing/humming noise, and it's very annoying. Is it normal for these High Wattage Step Down transformers to make lot of noise, or did i get a Sub-Standard unit?

Hi,

Ur AVR should have worked well with a minimum 1KVA Step down transformer as its power consumption is just 460W . Not sure what the issue was.
About the noise of 2.5 KVA, need to look for experts experiences here.

Siva

Help: On Step down transfomer specs

I have a bought a denon 1911 receiver and Energy classic 5.1 speakers from the US. I learnt that I need a 1500W step down transformer since I need the supply for the active suwoofer as well. The specs on the back panel of the receiver and the subwoofer read as "120V-60Hz". Can you please help me on the specs I should be careful on when buying the transformer? Will the 'Hz' matter? Should I have a 110/120V voltage stabilizer for a fuze circuit?

hi, dont worry about frequency. just buy one good quality stepdown T/F which is capable of atleast 1to 1.5kva.generally MX brand is good.If you have chance buy the T/F with torroidal. it decipates less heat and no buzzing.
enjoy

Thanks. Can you tell me what "T/F with torroidal" is? And I was also surprised to see in the Maxine website that the lifetime of a transformer is 2 yrs. Does that mean I have to replace the transformer every two years?

Toroidal step down transformer. In Toroidal transformer generally the heat generated is less and losses are less. you may get more power to weight ratio.
i am using the same from last five years on daily basis. no problem at all.
Toroidal Transformer Basics
The above link may be useful.
enjoy

Thanks. Can you tell me what "T/F with torroidal" is? And I was also surprised to see in the Maxine website that the lifetime of a transformer is 2 yrs. Does that mean I have to replace the transformer every two years?

I have been using Maxine 500W from 2004 till date, it is working perfectly fine. I recently bought MX(Maxicon) 1KW for another device.

I am using one from Blubird with my Denon 2312. Dont get any humming sound.

When i was looking for a stepdown, I dint find many branded options. Most of them were locally made. Bluebird seemed to be the best I could get and its been running fine so far.

500w Ei step down made by universal in sp road i use..
paid just 1.2k.. you dont need toroidal if ei core is CRRO/CRGO.

why blow 5-6k for it,there is no/negligible practical advantage

my trafo remains pretty cool with tv all the time

I am using one from Blubird with my Denon 2312. Dont get any humming sound.

When i was looking for a stepdown, I dint find many branded options. Most of them were locally made. Bluebird seemed to be the best I could get and its been running fine so far.

Hi, What's the Wattage rating of the transformer you are using for your 2312?

I bought a 2.5 KVA local made transformer for my Denon 2112CI, but it makes too much humming noise. Not sure if i needed 2.5 KVA, an AV technician said it needs that much power during startup.

Need to look for a replacement with no humming sound.

Purchased MX 1000 Watts toroidal transformer @3600/- through their website for my TX-NR 609 after going thru' all the reviews. It didnt work good for me (abnormal heating). Now, thinking of getting a higher rated logicstat 1500 Watts. Will share how it goes....

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back