stereo amp for Tannoy F1 custom?

Can you say somthing abt Rotel & F1 combo?

Rotels are a bit harsh so you would need them correctly paired for the warm sound. Have not heard them with a Tannoy F1 so cannot specifically say, but they sound great paired with Dali Lektor 2 and B&W (600 series) the couple of times I've heard them. Also "Guns" on this forum has JBLs paired with a Rotel and they sounded great at his place too. The couple of times I heard F1 I found them to be a bit shrill so you have to audition to be doubly sure.

if am not wrong, alliance4 had a rotel as an amp for speaker audition (may not be selling rotels..not sure)..they have F1 as well...call and check whether you can audition...

I got F1 from alliance,but cldnt see Rotel.F1 are ordered on request & I m the 1st to get F1 on req as they had stopped Tannoy sale long back.

Rotel 04 is recommended by whathifi with F1.

saw a rotel gear there...that was in november or so...he was keen on selling the f1 then....but i didnt have the budget....i did listen to it and if it was with the rotel, then the F1 does sound quite good with it

saw a rotel gear there...that was in november or so...he was keen on selling the f1 then....but i didnt have the budget....i did listen to it and if it was with the rotel, then the F1 does sound quite good with it

In Nov ,then F1 must be Black colour as they were brought wrongly for me when I asked apple colour.

When I visited second time ,Black were absent & had to listen CA amp with F4.

bright for me is chanchan chamkila rickshaw music!:D
at elast causes keep listening fatigue...hmmm no no listening irritation

Ok, I understood Riksh chanchan,zankar bits,chillar are some other words.
Thanks.

Tomorrow I will try to listen NAD.

Last edited:
spivirious
i think you should just look at NAD325
if you find that too expensive
i think you sholuld just buy a Denon PMA 500 (15k) or a Denon PMA 700 (18k) in grey

Last edited:
spivirious
i think you should just look at NAD325
if you find that too expensive
i think you sholuld just buy a Denon PMA 500 (15k) or a Denon PMA 700 (18k) in grey

i suggest not the denon 500AE atleast........auditioned it for 2 days (thanks to Mr. Behram from Silo Media Pune) - seemed dead mostly. The (lowly to many) cheaper Norge 1000 pipped the denon 500AE by quite a margin. Serious lack of imaging with the denon 500AE.

i suggest not the denon 500AE atleast........auditioned it for 2 days (thanks to Mr. Behram from Silo Media Pune) - seemed dead mostly. The (lowly to many) cheaper Norge 1000 pipped the denon 500AE by quite a margin. Serious lack of imaging with the denon 500AE.

Norge1000 some how doesnt match properly.The sound wasnt overall sweat.:sad: It matches better with Norge spk,even wharf.

suprateep
which speaker did you audition the denon with?

Amp speaker pairing is the most important part of building a system
if youve paired with mission you are probably correct ( that too if you paired with floorstanders)
Tannoy on the other hand is a lively speaker compared to others like warfedale etc and hence its pairing with a laid back amp like the denon does well

suprateep
which speaker did you audition the denon with?

Amp speaker pairing is the most important part of building a system
if youve paired with mission you are probably correct ( that too if you paired with floorstanders)
Tannoy on the other hand is a lively speaker compared to others like warfedale etc and hence its pairing with a laid back amp like the denon does well

i paired the denon 500 with wharfale 9.2/9.5 and quad 12 bookshelves at the shop - the combo was nowhere close to Norge and wharf 9.2/9.5 or even quad (a lil bright here).

Was dull with missions m35 too.

Just saying overall denon 700 is a better bet and costs just a few k's over.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back