Stereo Amplifier suggestion for Dynaudio Audience 72?

hi hifijunky!
i think you could consider the advance acoustic amps as well. they are great amps at very affordable prices.

Hi Tarun
Whom did you talk to at ARN? I am associated with ARN too and deal with Odyssey but I dont remember talking with you. The Etesian is a passive pre (attenuator with multiple source selector) and it uses a high quality DACT. The passive is pretty transparent and is a good choice, however this combo will work well provided you only need to attenuate (your source into the Stratos amp should give you more than enough gain that you will not feel the need to go louder). I am not sure if we have an Etesian at the showroom, the bulk of our equipment will be arriving by tomorrow. If you do come into audition, please try and make it next week.
p.s. As others have said before (and at the risk of losing business), I believe that the used stratos and Candela are unbeatable value. With no dis-respect to others - IMO, the Advance Acoustics and Cayin (both of which we also sell) are no match to the Odyssey combo.

cheers
Sridhar

The pre-amplifier will be Etesian (I think). The dealer suggested some other name as well (missing the model name) but was way above my budget. Have you heard this combo before?

Tarun

Hi Sridhar,

Thanks for your reply!

I talked to Mr. Ali at ARN. I will be visiting today evening to audition Stratos. It would be great if you are there too. Do you think time would be better utilised if I come next week?

Let me know your contact details.

Tarun

Hi Tarun
Yes, coming next week would be much better. You can always reach me at
[email protected] or 9880925992
It would be even better if you can get your speakers in.

cheers

I have auditioned NuForce integrated, Odyssey Stratos, Usher R1.5, Primare I30 and CA 840A so far. All the gear mentioned above is good but goes beyond my budget except for CA. Overall, I think Primare was excellent in terms of overall balance and purity but slightly lacks in terms of power to drive my speakers and warmth. Though the power is not a big concern to me; the price is (about 1.2L + taxes). I was able to audition Primare and CA gear in my home setup itself. Primare excelled in all fronts but pricing which is twice that of CA. I thought CA was good value for money.

I know the guys here have auditioned several sorts of gear. I would like to take your expert opinion on NAD pre/power gear (C172 + C272), Parasound Halo (P3 + A23) and NAD 372 integrated. I just am not able to get them to listen to here in Bangalore. I already own NAD CDP 542 and am very happy with it.

I will be in Delhi on 22nd November. Do you guys know if any dealer in Delhi has above said combos for demo? If it does not work in Delhi, I may need to come down to Mumbai for auditioning.

Dinyaar,

I know you have extensive experience with NAD gear and you had mentioned NAD combo in the thread. What is your take on this? Is it good value for money? Is it worth listening? It will be nice to hear your opinion on this. I mostly listen to Indian music (Ghazals, Old/new movie songs etc).

Thanks,
Tarun

I have auditioned NuForce integrated, Odyssey Stratos, Usher R1.5, Primare I30 and CA 840A so far. All the gear mentioned above is good but goes beyond my budget except for CA. Overall, I think Primare was excellent in terms of overall balance and purity but slightly lacks in terms of power to drive my speakers and warmth. Though the power is not a big concern to me; the price is (about 1.2L + taxes). I was able to audition Primare and CA gear in my home setup itself. Primare excelled in all fronts but pricing which is twice that of CA. I thought CA was good value for money.

I know the guys here have auditioned several sorts of gear. I would like to take your expert opinion on NAD pre/power gear (C172 + C272), Parasound Halo (P3 + A23) and NAD 372 integrated. I just am not able to get them to listen to here in Bangalore. I already own NAD CDP 542 and am very happy with it.

I will be in Delhi on 22nd November. Do you guys know if any dealer in Delhi has above said combos for demo? If it does not work in Delhi, I may need to come down to Mumbai for auditioning.

Dinyaar,

I know you have extensive experience with NAD gear and you had mentioned NAD combo in the thread. What is your take on this? Is it good value for money? Is it worth listening? It will be nice to hear your opinion on this. I mostly listen to Indian music (Ghazals, Old/new movie songs etc).

Thanks,
Tarun

Yes it is a good VFM pre/power combo. Owned it for a while and its decent and reliable. Dont know current pricing but should be around 75K here in bbay. I preferred it to the Rotel Pre/power which was a little more expensive.
Power amp is good and has plenty of drive, the preamp is average.

Try and hear both the 150 W integrated and the pre/power combo and take a call. I dont think the C372 is as bad as it made out to be.
Regards

Hey! I agree with dinyaar On the 372, For the money it does deliver a lot. I feel nad gear due it's warm sound is a better option with the dyn's then the CA.Unless of course you prefer a totaly detailed & dynamic sound.
The parasound combo should be expensive.

I'm using a nad 320bee with the audience 52's. But whenever i listen to it i keep on feeling a need to upgrade the amp. My point is, strech your self a bit if you can.
All the best.
Cheers.

HifiJunky:

Though the Parasound Halo is excellent, you should also take a serious look at Parasound's New Classic range - The 2100 pre amplifier and the 2250 power amplifier. Designed by the legendary John Curl who also designed the Halo range, the New Classic is supposed to be extremely transparent giving a flat response across all frequencies.

The 2100 and 2250 are available in India, and if possible, please do audition them. The couple of times I heard the Parasounds, I was able to identify their sound signature in a dark room where I could not see the amplification equipment.

Cheers

Thanks to everyone for great responses! I will keep your advices in mind while buying any gear.

SaurabhK,

Do you know any showroom in Delhi where Krell can be auditioned? Also, can you please tell me the approximate price for this model?

Venkatcr,

Is it possible to audition Parasound/NAD in Chennai? It would be easier for me to come down to Chennai than Mumbai.

Thanks

Venkatcr, Is it possible to audition Parasound/NAD in Chennai? It would be easier for me to come down to Chennai than Mumbai.

Parasound will be possible only in Mumbai. NAD is available with Raghu at Decibels in Chennai. Check out

Decibel
21 Chittaranjan Road
Teynampet,
Chennai

Phone: 64626733 Cell: 9940672834
Home | decibel - the art of sound

Cheers

T
SaurabhK,

Do you know any showroom in Delhi where Krell can be auditioned? Also, can you please tell me the approximate price for this model?

Well you could have heard my set up but I am abroad at the moment till December end.. You can contact the Krell Distributor who is based in Delhi ( Sunny ) The krell website has the exact details. Not too sure if a demo will be possible. MRP is 150,000/- ( a tad expensive but its a Krell you are getting..clean as a whistle..its 200w rms at 4ohms and 400 at 8 ohms. The extra power gives lots of headroom ) .
Dyns are power hungry and have impedance of 4 ohms .Make sure you give them enough juice to get them going. IMo Dyns-Krell combo is worth every penny.

Hey! Pl check the link, you'll find the whole link of delaers in delhi.

http://http://www.hifivision.com/authorised-dealers/2061-dealers-delhi.html

Will try & find the contact nos for the krell dealer. He is most likey to have a demo for the integrated kav-400xi.

If you do happen to demo the parasound pl do let us know the price.
All the best.
Cheers

Found the sunny's contact nos +91-9810072060

Last edited:
Tarun,
I too have dyna audience 72 and have paired it with McCormack DNA 125, am using lyrita's pre to drive it and am quite happy with the overall performance, Since you are going to Delhi you do talk to sunny as mentioned above for krell and talk to him regarding the McCormack, one of his client has upgraded and wants to sell his pre/power combo.

I bet You will love these US giants especially with power hungry dyna:).

Bobby

Thanks a lot guys for your responses.

Krell is out of my budget completely. I will get in touch with Sunny nevertheless. I might go over to Mumbai for auditioning Parasound/NAD since both are available in single place.

I will keep you guys updated.

Thanks,
Tarun

Hifijunky just a thought - would you be interested in my pre power? I'm looking at upgrading to a Leben CS600. If you like my pre-power, I might seriously think of the leben.

Thanks for the offer reignofchaos !

I will be auditioning the Parasound/NAD gears (Halo as well as New Classic range) soon. I will definitely consider the offer if the Parasound/NAD gears do not live up to the expectations.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back