Stereo Amplifier suggestion for Dynaudio Audience 72?

I am still looking out for it. I will try to audition newer NAD series when they are available in India. I have also been waiting for the Creek Destiny; but it is not available with distributor as yet (waiting for the last three months).

Till such time the thread starter finalise his amplifier whether to buy NAD or Creek or others hope he will enjoy music with his Marantz receiver but the forum members..... ........ :argue:

Hi everyone,

I finally finished (hope so) building the stereo system around Audience 72 speakers. I bought a used Bryston 4B-SST power amplifier (in Bangalore) and a new Emotiva USP-1 pre-amplifier during my trip to USA.

I had auditioned various amplifiers during the last one year :). I was fortunate enough to listen to brands like Cary Audio (CAI-1, integrated), Primare (I-30, integrated), Odyssey Stratos (power amplifier), Arcam (A-18 integrated), Denon (PM-2000 integrated), NAD (375 BEE integrated), Bryston (4B-SST) right there in my home :) (a couple of them even together). I found Primare to be the most resolving of them all, but struggled to drive speakers a bit. Cary Audio CAI-1 too was very resolving, but lacked impact at lesser volume. I also felt that these excellent amplifiers lacked a bit in terms of *feel* when playing old songs (specially Mohd Rafi). I found overall NAD to be a very good value for money in terms of warmth and drivability at lower volumes. But I felt there was slight distortion at louder levels. I finally listened to Bryston 4B-SST and Onkyo Integra pre-amplifier. I thought it was resolving as well as had warmth too. I zeroed on Bryson 4B-SST as the power amplifier. I took opinions from several folks here as well as on other forums. Everyone was in favor of going with Bryston.

I stumbled upon Emotiva USP-1 in another forum. I decided to buy this one ($399) as I have plans to invest in good DAC Pre later.

Many people from this forum and else helped me during this time. I feel indebted to Dinyaar who not only answered my naive questions but also gave me few references to talk to. I had troubled Abhishek (from audio dynamics) who brought Cary Audio CAI-1 at least three times to my home :). I also pestered Balaji (from Mahendra Associates) for NAD 375 and was fortunate enough to keep it for a week. Prithviraj (from Absolute Phase) was a great help too and lent me the Arcam A-18 for a weekend. I had Sridhar and Ali (ARN systems) helping me with Odyssey Stratos. Raj (Profx) gave a demo of Denon PMA-2000 at my home. Mr. Nagraj (from NPS AV) allowed to carry Primare I-30 for a weekend. Sorry if I miss some of people here. I am really thankful to all of these fantastic people (including not mentioned here) without whom I would not have been able to finish this job. Finally, I bought the Bryston from Ramesh, whom I found to be a thorough gentleman and very knowledgeable.

I still have not spent much time with the setup; but will try to post some details later. But, after all this, I feel a bit different (should i call it *sad*)that it has come to an end :).

Thanks,

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back