Sub requirement

vijayk

Hello,

I have Monitor Audio B4 (TMM) both M are 6.5" driver
these speakers are hooked to NAD C320 and I'm using Sony DVD player to play audio cd.
well the mid bass is not tight and that great so thinking of adding active Sub woofer to this setup

I can shell out 18 to 20K for it. Another query is how to add this active sub from NAD?

Thanks,
~VijayK

Hello,

I have Monitor Audio B4 (TMM) both M are 6.5" driver
these speakers are hooked to NAD C320 and I'm using Sony DVD player to play audio cd.
well the mid bass is not tight and that great so thinking of adding active Sub woofer to this setup

I can shell out 18 to 20K for it. Another query is how to add this active sub from NAD?

Thanks,
~VijayK

whats ur room size, listening preferences.

Hi ...

There are two methods to connect a sub depending on the sub's connection features.

Method 1:
If you have a pre-out/main-in rca sockets with two 'U' shaped jumper pins at the backside of your amp and if your subwoofer has line-in & line-out rca sockets then you have to connect using the following method:
You have to use 2 nos of stereo rca connectors. Remove the 'U' jumper pins from the amplifier. Connect the 1st rca connector's one end to the pre-out of the amp and the other end to the line-in of the sub. Connect the 2nd rca connector's one end to the line-out of the sub and the other end to the main-in of your amp.

Method 2:
Do not connect your speakers directly to the amplifier. From amplifier's speaker out terminals, connect the wires to the high-level input (speaker in) terminals of the sub (usually the terminals will be a press-clip type or banana terminals). Now, connect the wires from high-level output (speaker out) terminals of the sub to the speakers.

Cheers,
Ramesh @ Bangalore

Thanks to you all,

My NAD has pre-out/main-in rca sockets connected by two 'U' shaped jumper, as hifipal4all mentioned. I understand very straight Method 1 and planning to buy Sub that will fit the budget of 20K as well Method 1. Now this leads to another help to find out particular Sub in Indian market, I will appreciate your help in this. Also if I can find better and lower price Sub in UK... those pointers too welcome

As cranky has mentioned "Upper and mid bass is best handled by the mid driver" I realize this after reading your post. I mentioned wrong in my earlier post... Pls read my requirement as low bass not mid.

Thanks and sorry for confusion

~VijayK

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back