• Svs sb1000

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Xtz 12.17( will buy based on reviews)

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Single Bic america pl200 and save some cash

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Dual pl 200 and extend my budget a little

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Rhythmik l12( will buy based on reviews))

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Velodyne impact 12

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Elac s10.2

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
Thats what ends up happening. Music movie ratio of 80:20 is what ends up happening. Usually m listening to songs casually after a day of work but i do like watching movies as well.
Will sealed be that bad for movies?
Wel this case you can go for sealed. Don’t think to much nd get confused take a demo of ur favourite music nd some good action scenes and decide. Movie music 50:50 then I will say just go with the ported sub but since u say 80% music you can definitely go for sealed. Go to svs site nd they have an article technically explaining sealed vs ported sub.One FM is selling sb1000 check with him about the performance. And also u have towers that itself will be good enough for music as it fill produce strong mid range. Do you have a 5.0 set up or just 2.0?

Wel this case you can go for sealed. Don’t think to much nd get confused take a demo of ur favourite music nd some good action scenes and decide. Movie music 50:50 then I will say just go with the ported sub but since u say 80% music you can definitely go for sealed. Go to svs site nd they have an article technically explaining sealed vs ported sub.One FM is selling sb1000 check with him about the performance. And also u have towers that itself will be good enough for music as it fill produce strong mid range. Do you have a 5.0 set up or just 2.0?

I have a 3.0 setup
Ill be adding side channels next month
I said that ends up happening but i like movies asl well but yes ill be more impressed if my music is good.
But i hope m not making a blunder as my main speakers are more for movies than music and ill be getting a sealed sub.

I think you have Polk RTiA7 and Marantz SR6013 AV receiver. Polk RTiA7 are well regarded in low end extension and reproduction. Marantz is nine channels AV receiver and you may be using just five of them. Now for few days, first you bi-amplify Polk with Marantz and check how much bass gain you get. Then decide for single or dual subwoofer. If you don't have subwoofer now then divert the .1 in front speakers.

I have a 3.0 setup
Ill be adding side channels next month
I said that ends up happening but i like movies asl well but yes ill be more impressed if my music is good.
But i hope m not making a blunder as my main speakers are more for movies than music and ill be getting a sealed sub.
Ok in that case you check out bic nd if budget permits u can go for pb1000 as well. Demo nd purchase as per your ears liking the more u discuss here the more you will get confused. Even I listen to a lot of music nd quite happy with the bic. It is boomy enough but if ur expecting that tight bass bic Falls short but produces deep nd powerful bass. So best start auditioning. Every one has their own taste and will share their view but in the end your the one who has to audition nd decide. You have already shortlisted the best options in the poll nd the top 3 contenders are sb,pb 1000 nd bic. Start auditioning these three nd decide. Rhythmic will surely satisfy u 100% but expensive nd if that’s ok u can go for it

Sharing a pic :)
You may be able to guide a little better.
Shared living space always poses challenges to speaker/sub placement.
For music, what is missing? Those towers should punch quite a bit (for most music content at least)
For movies, yes a sub definitely makes sense.
Ask local FMs if you can borrow or at least try a sub into your rig.
You will get an idea of room interaction. Then make the decision on what to buy.

My story went a bit like what you are going thru now. The sub in my place is Onkyo SKW-320 (sealed dual 8"inch 100W).
I have IA with pre-outs; so hooked up L/R and added sub to the pre-outs.
Just could not get the setting right. So sub went into hibernation.
Then came AVR, but furniture hogged so much space that sub could not be placed at all.
Then AVR went into hibernation. Out came soundbar.
Now after simplifying and ripping apart furniture, I can host IA, AVR, power-amps, TV, center channel on a AV rack.
L/R are on speaker stands, leaving one corner for sub. Really that is the only corner available.
Hooked it up, let the AVR do it's calibration and that's it.
Movies it's 3.1 via AVR (sounds good enough for us and the listening space)
Music it's only L/R via IA (large-ish stand mount speakers)
The advantage I had was, components like center channel and sub were lying around unused at dad's place.
Pic of set up is here:
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/showcase-your-audio-video-setup-here.1167/post-807931

Cheers,
Raghu

I think you have Polk RTiA7 and Marantz SR6013 AV receiver. Polk RTiA7 are well regarded in low end extension and reproduction. Marantz is nine channels AV receiver and you may be using just five of them. Now for few days, first you bi-amplify Polk with Marantz and check how much bass gain you get. Then decide for single or dual subwoofer. If you don't have subwoofer now then divert the .1 in front speakers.
This is a practical suggestion that you can try right away.
Just need some extra length of speaker cable.
Simply twist some thick electrical wire for now as speaker cables and check it out.
Cheers,
Raghu

Once during a demo i asked the dealer to like mimic my components and thanfully he had all the components i had. I was testing avr at that time. The room was treated ofcourse. But when we were playing the system in 5.0 it was good but as soon as he switched on the sub(polk dsw550) the experience went into some different dynamic alltogether. That day i felt that maybe i shud have added a sub before my avr. So that point i had pretty much decided that if ill ever put a single penny more then that wud be getting a sub. The room had alot of absorption maybe thats why a sub had a much better impact. But i cud very well gauge the clarity difference after adding a sub.
Biamping i understand but i am not that experienced so i am a little skeptikal whether i shud go tht route first.

Ok in that case you check out bic nd if budget permits u can go for pb1000 as well. Demo nd purchase as per your ears liking the more u discuss here the more you will get confused. Even I listen to a lot of music nd quite happy with the bic. It is boomy enough but if ur expecting that tight bass bic Falls short but produces deep nd powerful bass. So best start auditioning. Every one has their own taste and will share their view but in the end your the one who has to audition nd decide. You have already shortlisted the best options in the poll nd the top 3 contenders are sb,pb 1000 nd bic. Start auditioning these three nd decide. Rhythmic will surely satisfy u 100% but expensive nd if that’s ok u can go for it
Rythmik l12 is cheaper than svs sb1000.
L12vf is 70k

Shared living space always poses challenges to speaker/sub placement.
For music, what is missing? Those towers should punch quite a bit (for most music content at least)
For movies, yes a sub definitely makes sense.
Ask local FMs if you can borrow or at least try a sub into your rig.
You will get an idea of room interaction. Then make the decision on what to buy.

My story went a bit like what you are going thru now. The sub in my place is Onkyo SKW-320 (sealed dual 8"inch 100W).
I have IA with pre-outs; so hooked up L/R and added sub to the pre-outs.
Just could not get the setting right. So sub went into hibernation.
Then came AVR, but furniture hogged so much space that sub could not be placed at all.
Then AVR went into hibernation. Out came soundbar.
Now after simplifying and ripping apart furniture, I can host IA, AVR, power-amps, TV, center channel on a AV rack.
L/R are on speaker stands, leaving one corner for sub. Really that is the only corner available.
Hooked it up, let the AVR do it's calibration and that's it.
Movies it's 3.1 via AVR (sounds good enough for us and the listening space)
Music it's only L/R via IA (large-ish stand mount speakers)
The advantage I had was, components like center channel and sub were lying around unused at dad's place.
Pic of set up is here:
https://www.hifivision.com/threads/showcase-your-audio-video-setup-here.1167/post-807931

Cheers,
Raghu
Kef r300 man ! Wow!

There are some other subwoofers within your budget and a potential buyer needs to explore
1. Sunfire SDS12
2. Dali EF12
3. B&W ASW10
4. Jamo J series
5 Klispch reference series..

Rythmik l12 is cheaper than svs sb1000.
L12vf is 70k
I am not sure on the model but recently a FM purchased Bic pl200 after auditioning and that he was fully satisfied with the bic performance. During the delivery he saw rhythmic available for demo nd that he was amazed with its performance and that he was upset knowing there is a sub that sounds so good nd he wasn’t able to afford it and walking away with a sub that was no way near rhythmic. Cost was 75k

There are some other subwoofers within your budget and a potential buyer needs to explore
1. Sunfire SDS12
2. Dali EF12
3. B&W ASW10
4. Jamo J series
5 Klispch reference series..

Sunfire i checked side by side pb1000 in a lackluster demo though but it still failed miserably

I am not sure on the model but recently a FM purchased Bic pl200 after auditioning and that he was fully satisfied with the bic performance. During the delivery he saw rhythmic available for demo nd that he was amazed with its performance and that he was upset knowing there is a sub that sounds so good nd he wasn’t able to afford it and walking away with a sub that was no way near rhythmic. Cost was 75k
Can you tell me who was it. And also i can push for 20% discount on svs but m not sure whether there are any dealers for rythmik around my area and whether ill be able to push that much discount.

Can you tell me who was it. And also i can push for 20% discount on svs but m not sure whether there are any dealers for rythmik around my area and whether ill be able to push that much discount.
Sorry buddy dont remember. some one from blore

no issues! is rythmik purely for music or can play both movies and music just fine?
no issues! is rythmik purely for music or can play both movies and music just fine?
For both. Most of the top rated subs will go well for both music and movies.Like i said the more you discuss with FM members the more confused you will become. Shortlist 3 of the best subs that fits your budget and have a long demo with some of your fav songs and movie scenes. If any one satisfies you 100% just get it.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back