• Svs sb1000

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Xtz 12.17( will buy based on reviews)

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Single Bic america pl200 and save some cash

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Dual pl 200 and extend my budget a little

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Rhythmik l12( will buy based on reviews))

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Velodyne impact 12

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Elac s10.2

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
For both. Most of the top rated subs will go well for both music and movies.Like i said the more you discuss with FM members the more confused you will become. Shortlist 3 of the best subs that fits your budget and have a long demo with some of your fav songs and movie scenes. If any one satisfies you 100% just get it.

ya but besides svs no other sub is available for demo around my area.

ya but besides svs no other sub is available for demo around my area.
Ok. Well the good news is you have svs available which is one of the best brand for subwoofers. Have a proper demo of the svs subs and decide. Movie contents to check m sure you may have a few scenes in mind and if you want some scenes where subs struggles PM me i will tell you so you can test them

so let me narrow down our search a little.

1) svs pb1000-- I can push 20% on the mrp take the delivery and call it a day. Downside is size and looks! but then have seen some mixed bag reveiws online. I can Demo it thats the best part but ppl here wud have limited brands under one room so comparison is difficult.
2) svs sb1000-- Size and looks quite favourable. 20% on mrp possible here as well. But given my room size i guess sb1000 wud be good but since my speakers are 35 hz -+3db i dont know whether ill be taking a wise decision.
3) Rythmik--Not available with the dealers here so not sure about the price i wud get.. I guess will be paying a premium over svs and late delivery as well and surely wud be a blind bet as no demo wud be possible.

My preference has always been sweet bass and not that boomy overpowering bass. I read about ported vs sealed but the terms they used i could not relate to them.

Have you auditioned the Polk HTS 10 or HTS 12?

I heard both last year at the What HiFi show in Mumbai and they are quite good....I am sure they will compliment your existing speakers well.....audyssey will adjust and you need to further fine tune...

http://profx.com/PoweredSubwoofers

If the purpose of the sub is to provide clean bass of missing frequencies the Front speakers cant produce, then these should serve just fine......if looking for loud boomy bass and overshadow the rest of the speakers then look at other brands

Go and audition if possible with your favorite movie / music clip and decide

Have you auditioned the Polk HTS 10 or HTS 12?

I heard both last year at the What HiFi show in Mumbai and they are quite good....I am sure they will compliment your existing speakers well.....audyssey will adjust and you need to further fine tune...

http://profx.com/PoweredSubwoofers

If the purpose of the sub is to provide clean bass of missing frequencies the Front speakers cant produce, then these should serve just fine......if looking for loud boomy bass and overshadow the rest of the speakers then look at other brands

Go and audition if possible with your favorite movie / music clip and decide

ill listen to polk as well. Thanks :)

Pb12nsd is out dated now. Replaced by pb2000. Svs build quality is excellent. You can't go wrong with svs.

Pb12nsd is out dated now. Replaced by pb2000. Svs build quality is excellent. You can't go wrong with svs.
Are you sure? As i have been suggested nsd by Mr arjun audiophile india official dist. Of india. As i dont have budget for pb2000 he said ull get 85% of the performance of pb2000. He said this model wud sit between pb1000 and pb2000

Are you sure? As i have been suggested nsd by Mr arjun audiophile india official dist. Of india. As i dont have budget for pb2000 he said ull get 85% of the performance of pb2000. He said this model wud sit between pb1000 and pb2000
If you can get the demo it would be good. Haven't heard the nsd. I have the pb2000

Yes go for it before someone else does.

MaSh
Hi Mash
I was waiting for you to chip in :)
Since you yourself must have done alot of research please guide. Since nsd wud be quite an older model i hope i wont be making a mistake here. Sb2000 and pb-12 nsd wud be almost the same price. Given my room size 13×12×9 svs guys suggested 2000 series model i dont know why!

Hi Mash
I was waiting for you to chip in :)
Since you yourself must have done alot of research please guide. Since nsd wud be quite an older model i hope i wont be making a mistake here. Sb2000 and pb-12 nsd wud be almost the same price. Given my room size 13×12×9 svs guys suggested 2000 series model i dont know why!

No mistake. Go for the PB12. There is no limit to the size of a Sub in a room. Its always the Bigger the Better, More than one, Even Better. Lol.

You can read this thread on a comparison between Pb1000 and PB12: https://www.avsforum.com/forum/113-subwoofers-bass-transducers/1479426-svs-pb-1000-vs-pb12-nsd.html

MaSh

Check warranty aspects....it should not be like the TV cases we see and read most often where spares are not available should something go wrong and then you are advised a huge rate just to import the part or some buy back offer which will then make you eventually purchase another latest sub and get little value for the pb12....

In the name of sales and profit, most dealers will try to pin a non moving product on you....if you are able to audition and it meets your requirements in terms of performance, connectivity, placement size and ofcourse getting it at a very very good price which you cant resist...then go for it.....there should not be any regrets once you plunge in.....

All the best!

Check warranty aspects....it should not be like the TV cases we see and read most often where spares are not available should something go wrong and then you are advised a huge rate just to import the part or some buy back offer which will then make you eventually purchase another latest sub and get little value for the pb12....

In the name of sales and profit, most dealers will try to pin a non moving product on you....if you are able to audition and it meets your requirements in terms of performance, connectivity, placement size and ofcourse getting it at a very very good price which you cant resist...then go for it.....there should not be any regrets once you plunge in.....

All the best!
Quite a valid point.
I guess it'll be under their warranty so i guess it shud be their resp. But ya gotta keep that into consideration as well.

An update-- svs suggests sb2000 according to ny room.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190108-075001_Gmail.jpg
    Screenshot_20190108-075001_Gmail.jpg
    586.4 KB · Views: 40
so let me narrow down our search a little.

1) svs pb1000-- I can push 20% on the mrp take the delivery and call it a day. Downside is size and looks! but then have seen some mixed bag reveiws online. I can Demo it thats the best part but ppl here wud have limited brands under one room so comparison is difficult.
2) svs sb1000-- Size and looks quite favourable. 20% on mrp possible here as well. But given my room size i guess sb1000 wud be good but since my speakers are 35 hz -+3db i dont know whether ill be taking a wise decision.
3) Rythmik--Not available with the dealers here so not sure about the price i wud get.. I guess will be paying a premium over svs and late delivery as well and surely wud be a blind bet as no demo wud be possible.

My preference has always been sweet bass and not that boomy overpowering bass. I read about ported vs sealed but the terms they used i could not relate to them.
For your interest in musical bass, try anymodel RYTHMIK SUB. Because of the punchy tight bass of Rythmik, you didn’t get wrong! I’m happy with entry level model!

For your interest in musical bass, try anymodel RYTHMIK SUB. Because of the punchy tight bass of Rythmik, you didn’t get wrong! I’m happy with entry level model!

Rythmik i am getting at a steep price that too without any demo.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back