• Svs sb1000

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Xtz 12.17( will buy based on reviews)

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Single Bic america pl200 and save some cash

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Dual pl 200 and extend my budget a little

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Rhythmik l12( will buy based on reviews))

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Velodyne impact 12

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Elac s10.2

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
Guys
Please help!
So things have gotten a little confusing.
Pb1000--54000
Sb1000--54000 ( stocks not available all over india next shipment due in march)
Sb2000--73000
Rythmik-- maybe better but not getting good price and also not much sellers so will have to let go of this maybe down the line may think of upgrading to this!

Now after talking to 2 reps at SVS both suggested sb variant according to my room. One said sb1000 wud be good and the other said sb2000. Both of them said that ported wud be a little over for my small room. He suggested sealed if my choice was split like 50:50 music movies. He said if u particulary want for movies go with ported version then.
The person from whom i am buying is saying that he'll anyhow arrange sb1000 but that wud need some sort of flexing from his end as the stocks are out and we cant expect the shipment till march.
But contsantly i have been suggested by ppl here that pb is better as compared to sealed.
Dealers distributors all have said that ported sells in double as compared to sealed.

Reading on the internet i have seen such mean comments like sb1000 interms of power might not stand anywhere compared to pb and all that stuff. It has become difficult to get a clear picture. I cant get a demo of both side by side which adds on to my problem.

Please help
@MaSh mash@ @sud98 sud @efernand1 @elangoas @Love4sound @shankara.kris @mshifi @HTuser @raghupb raghu @rpmahale
Sorry to have bothered you guys. I have tagged u for the first time like this but i am kinda in fix right now. And i dont want to miss out on that one sealed version available.

Thanks in advance guys.
Hope u guys can help.
My personal choice would be rythmik l12 considering room size and 50:50 music and movies usage. This model is a sealed design with bass extension switch which can be used when watching movies. It has a small footprint and would be ideal for small rooms. You can also check with [email protected] who has got the rythmik 12l

My personal choice would be rythmik l12 considering room size and 50:50 music and movies usage. This model is a sealed design with bass extension switch which can be used when watching movies. It has a small footprint and would be ideal for small rooms. You can also check with [email protected] who has got the rythmik 12l
It may be the best. But how much better as compared to svs given the price point is the question.
Moreover i put up in delhi if anything goes kaput with rythmik ill have to ship it to bombay so shipping wud be on me.
Too much of risk imo.

As far as I know you .. From that crown xls 1502 thread.
You desire bass even while standing and moving around in your room.
For this you will need lots of power and 2 properly positioned subwoofers.
And maybe subwoofers with presets or option to change volume with ease.

What you can do is.
Get 2 passive sealed subs made and then connect it to a power amp ( possibly with EQ features)
Use the volume knob to increase volume when you aren't sitting and reduce volume when sitting.

This is what I'm myself planning to do.

All of this will be well within your budget.

What happened to the PB12? Sold out? Did you check the SB1000 for sale?

MaSh

As far as I know you .. From that crown xls 1502 thread.
You desire bass even while standing and moving around in your room.
For this you will need lots of power and 2 properly positioned subwoofers.
And maybe subwoofers with presets or option to change volume with ease.

What you can do is.
Get 2 passive sealed subs made and then connect it to a power amp ( possibly with EQ features)
Use the volume knob to increase volume when you aren't sitting and reduce volume when sitting.

This is what I'm myself planning to do.

All of this will be well within your budget.
Thanks prateek
But i need to complete my simple 5.1 system wo complicating stuff. I may ruin things with my little knowledge

What happened to the PB12? Sold out? Did you check the SB1000 for sale?

MaSh

The one available is close to thr price i wud get so its a no go for me. Why not buy new :p
I ruled out nsd one thinking it myt be too much for my small room and also its generally not available her also has been discontinued in us. It just appears on black friday on a discount.

It may be the best. But how much better as compared to svs given the price point is the question.
Moreover i put up in delhi if anything goes kaput with rythmik ill have to ship it to bombay so shipping wud be on me.
Too much of risk imo.
Without an audition it would be difficult for you to make a decision and gets even more confusing. You need to take an audition to decide which appeals to you and take the call.

Auditioning a subwoofer isn't as easy as it sounds.
Badly integrated sub will sound very bad no matter how expensive and good the sub is.
Had experienced velodyne, svs pb2000 and procella sub (costing 2 lakh+, don't remember the model number) both sounded crap because of bad placement, integration, room acoustics.

Had good experience with Klipsch, JBL es250p, JBL synthesis s1, genelec 7070 ( a fact to note is all good experiences except genelec were dual sub configurations and all bad experiences were single sub.)

Genelec 5.1 was integrated by genelec technicians.

Good luck :)

Without an audition it would be difficult for you to make a decision and gets even more confusing. You need to take an audition to decide which appeals to you and take the call.
That is why!! no audition and no service. Too much risk.
Its a long road for rythmik in india. If anything goes wrong i have ppl here who wud look after the after sales service part but rythmik dealer has clearly stated that i will have to send the sub to them.
Ill wait till they have channels in north india.

Afterall we are comparing the best out there. Svs may not be the no 1 but i am happy if its a runner up atleast i get peace of mind...

@Akshit2111

I believe given the facts, constraints etc. a BIC America PL 200ii will work just fine for you. There are few members who auditioned and purchased. Some of us (even myself) just did a blind purchase based on reviews and what we read over google.....none of us are regretting the purchase....serves very well for music and movies......no changing modes or phase...once its calibrated and set....enjoy the playback....

If somehow you can audition then great,,,,,,,,the warranty is good and works well....we had members having easy replacements ( one off faulty amp part etc).

Please read the BIC America Owners thread...where you can ask specific queries if any....all the best!

That is why!! no audition and no service. Too much risk.
Its a long road for rythmik in india. If anything goes wrong i have ppl here who wud look after the after sales service part but rythmik dealer has clearly stated that i will have to send the sub to them.
Ill wait till they have channels in north india.

Afterall we are comparing the best out there. Svs may not be the no 1 but i am happy if its a runner up atleast i get peace of mind...
Why don't you check if any fms in Delhi have the pb/sb so that you could take the audition

Why don't you check if any fms in Delhi have the pb/sb so that you could take the audition

i can demo sb2000 and pb2000 side by side. Though this demo would not be apt but atleast ill know how does ported version performs for music.

@Akshit2111

I believe given the facts, constraints etc. a BIC America PL 200ii will work just fine for you. There are few members who auditioned and purchased. Some of us (even myself) just did a blind purchase based on reviews and what we read over google.....none of us are regretting the purchase....serves very well for music and movies......no changing modes or phase...once its calibrated and set....enjoy the playback....

If somehow you can audition then great,,,,,,,,the warranty is good and works well....we had members having easy replacements ( one off faulty amp part etc).

Please read the BIC America Owners thread...where you can ask specific queries if any....all the best!
ya efernand
I did consider BIC but since theres not much difference in the price for both( for me :p) i am planning to go svs route :)

ya efernand
I did consider BIC but since theres not much difference in the price for both( for me :p) i am planning to go svs route :)

Well by facts I meant this discussion with Voting poll started by you.....as per the chart above....it seems BIC America is Out ranking SVS.....Rhythmic is the next close contender.

Finally it all depends on personal preferences and requirements, trust your ears and make your purchase!

Maruti outsells every other brand not necessarily coz they are the best but coz they are VFM. U see a 250$ sub is being sold for 50k here (700$ approx). I dont feel the value is justified. Ppl who have compared SVS directly with BIC have witnessed that svs is better.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back