• Svs sb1000

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Xtz 12.17( will buy based on reviews)

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Single Bic america pl200 and save some cash

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Dual pl 200 and extend my budget a little

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Rhythmik l12( will buy based on reviews))

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Velodyne impact 12

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Elac s10.2

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
Unfortunately prices only go up. Seldom we see any prices coming down. companies use this dollar fluctuation to their benefit.
I was on my way to get SVS, Adding to the confusion i have received a call from a dealer in Delhi offering XTZ sub.
reading about it on the internet. Not many reviews
Looks good as well as comared to SVS.
Go for pb2000 & you won't regret if you are using it for movies

Hi Akshit, Interested in knowing feedback between SVS SB2000 and PB 1000 if any one gets to demo it.. SB 2000 good for music no doubt , but how`is its HT performance.. reviews are fairly good though even for movies.. Cant demo them in Mumbai.. thus interested. Also what price are you getting?

Hi Akshit, Interested in knowing feedback between SVS SB2000 and PB 1000 if any one gets to demo it.. SB 2000 good for music no doubt , but how`is its HT performance.. reviews are fairly good though even for movies.. Cant demo them in Mumbai.. thus interested. Also what price are you getting?
Check pm :)

Guys it has arrived !!
I have been playing it for like 3 4 hours.. ( some casual movie watching and some songs)
So its all a mess up in my head as there are too many settings! There might be 10 different bass settings on an AVR!!
I did the sub crawl so position wise i think we are sorted :)
Ran audessey but to be honest i prefer switching it off!
LPF,LPF FOR LFE, OPTIMUM CROSSOVER FOR MY FLOORSTANDERS, SPEAKER SET TO LARGE/SMALL.
i'd request all of you to please help a little bit.
Like what settings u guys did to get the best out of your setup.
Marantz AVR SR6013

Attachments

• 20190116_221941.jpg
    20190116_221941.jpg
    377.5 KB · Views: 96
Guys it has arrived !!
I have been playing it for like 3 4 hours.. ( some casual movie watching and some songs)
So its all a mess up in my head as there are too many settings! There might be 10 different bass settings on an AVR!!
LPF,LPF FOR LFE, OPTIMUM CROSSOVER FOR MY FLOORSTANDERS, SPEAKER SET TO LARGE/SMALL.
Marantz AVR SR6013
Awesome. Well for you you to arrive at the best setting it will definitely take time. You need to tweak nd test various settings. The sub itself has a few calibration settings. Just pick 3-4 action scenes nd few good tracks. Play them in various settings. For me it took nearly 20 days to arrive at the best settings for my room. Enjoy ur sub m sure it’s a kick ass woofer. For starters set ur towers to small and play 2.1 nd see how the sub blends with the speakers. Set cross overs to 80. Nd since ur having a 3.1 set up you will need to calibrate again once u get surround speakers.

Guys it has arrived !!
Marantz AVR SR6013
Looks nice...

Guys it has arrived !!
Marantz AVR SR6013
Yes. Audessey in my setup identifies and sets L/C/R as large.
No idea why.

I just gave up and let it be; using LFE + Mains mode.
Movies/TV content sounds good and sharp.
Don't have the patience to tweak any further.

Cheers,
Raghu

Start with left port open, EQ ref - this is the lowest bass extn setting. If you feel there is too much room gain or muddy bass, then switch to EQ1. This should do at the beginning. You can continue experimenting later.

Guys it has arrived !!

Congrats..

There are few options in Audyssey, you may try disengaging one at a time.. Try using " Flat / Reference" one at time to feel the difference..
There is Dynamic EQ, you may turn that off..
There is also Dynamic Vol, you may turn that off..

Best to set all speakers to small and set the crossover to 80 Hz for all speakers..

Use LFE setting when all the speakers are set to small, as this will route the bass below 80hz to subwoofer..

I have set all the speakers as small, crossover 90Hz for all speakers, Audyssey curve - Flat all the time, DEQ = off, D.vol = Off..

Congrats..

There are few options in Audyssey, you may try disengaging one at a time.. Try using " Flat / Reference" one at time to feel the difference..
There is Dynamic EQ, you may turn that off..
There is also Dynamic Vol, you may turn that off..

Best to set all speakers to small and set the crossover to 80 Hz for all speakers..

Use LFE setting when all the speakers are set to small, as this will route the bass below 80hz to subwoofer..

I have set all the speakers as small, crossover 90Hz for all speakers, Audyssey curve - Flat all the time, DEQ = off, D.vol = Off..
Thanks alot elangoes :)
It shud LFE only or LFE+MAINS?
and also what does LPF for LFE mean?
When we select speaker as small that means that lower frequency wont be handled by that speaker then whats the point left for a crossover.

Start with left port open, EQ ref - this is the lowest bass extn setting. If you feel there is too much room gain or muddy bass, then switch to EQ1. This should do at the beginning. You can continue experimenting later.
Hi dr
Hows ur experience with this sub? I started off with the same setting. But my eq is set to 1 as i think i was getting the best bass there.
However hows ur experience with midd bass?

Yes. Audessey in my setup identifies and sets L/C/R as large.
No idea why.

I just gave up and let it be; using LFE + Mains mode.
Movies/TV content sounds good and sharp.
Don't have the patience to tweak any further.

Cheers,
Raghu

It did the same for me ! But then i changed it to small.

LFE Only..

I think it is Low Pass Filter for Low Frequency Effects.. I don't know much abt the term, but i have the default value in the AVR, which is 120Hz..

When we select speaker as small that means that lower frequency wont be handled by that speaker then whats the point left for a crossover.

80Hz.. You mains will play content upto 80Hz.. Anything below goes to sub..

Hi dr
Hows ur experience with this sub? I started off with the same setting. But my eq is set to 1 as i think i was getting the best bass there.
However hows ur experience with midd bass?
Whatever you feel best, go with it. That matters the most.
I have the little brother of this, 8.17. I keep eq ref for movies and eq1 for music and serials. It doesn't go that low as 10.17 but mid bass I am impressed.

Thanks alot elangoes :)
Congrats. You can go with lfe+mains, you would get better bass

Ya trying everything :p

Congrats on the sub!

Settings are different for everyone based on personal preferences and ofcourse the room with the total number of speakers....

Experiment what works better for you....this will take time....the sub also needs 20 to 40 hours to open up effectively......trust your ears....I am sure eventually in a couple of weeks you will find the sweet spot which works well....all the best!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back