• Svs sb1000

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Xtz 12.17( will buy based on reviews)

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Single Bic america pl200 and save some cash

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Dual pl 200 and extend my budget a little

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Rhythmik l12( will buy based on reviews))

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Velodyne impact 12

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Elac s10.2

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
So u got the xtz, which is more expensive than the SVS? And price wise closer to the rhythmik? U must be really convinced that it's a really good sub.

<Dumb Question>

Can anybody tell me what the basis is for evaluating a subwoofer to be suitable for Movies or Music?

Of course I am not a audiophile., looking at the depth of the discussions I am curious to know.

Cheers!
Jay

<Dumb Question>

Can anybody tell me what the basis is for evaluating a subwoofer to be suitable for Movies or Music?

Of course I am not a audiophile., looking at the depth of the discussions I am curious to know.

Cheers!
Jay
Typical jargon is the ones suitable for music, needs to be faster subs so that they can match timing of speakers. For Movies, expectation is of greater bass extension ie. higher SPL at lower frequencies.

So u got the xtz, which is more expensive than the SVS? And price wise closer to the rhythmik? U must be really convinced that it's a really good sub.

yes read a few reviews consulted a few dealers who had both the brands. size looks considered everything and took this decision.
Also they are very very well received in Europe.
Also power wise it was 200 watts more than svs
one of the reasons that convinced me pick this is the tuning options availble. I used to get quite confused when ppl used to ask me like whats ur preference. I like listening to music but i cant bear my movies being any slouch. So though closing the ports may not make it completely sealed but i think it gets close, so considering all this took the call.

Last edited:
on paper 12.17 which is comparable to pb2000 is cheaper as compared to SVS. Since 10.17 and 12.17 are quite closely matched in terms of performance where 10.17 being better in small rooms i chose the smaller version.

<Dumb Question>

Cheers!
Jay

Unfortunately its difficult! One shop may not have all the brands under one roof, they might pitch u a non moving product, and then there are room acoustics. Different rooms wud be treated in different ways so choosing the right one may be difficult. Getting home demo is the best case scenario but not many dealers are open to this idea.

It may be the best. But how much better as compared to svs given the price point is the question.
Moreover i put up in delhi if anything goes kaput with rythmik ill have to ship it to bombay so shipping wud be on me.
Too much of risk imo.[/QUOTE

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back