• Svs sb1000

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Xtz 12.17( will buy based on reviews)

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Single Bic america pl200 and save some cash

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Dual pl 200 and extend my budget a little

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Rhythmik l12( will buy based on reviews))

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Velodyne impact 12

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Elac s10.2

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters
I guess, Rythmik are fairly priced for the quality and performance they offer. Rythmik LV12F is priced MRP 82600 and the model is widely compared with PB2000 in performance by Audiophiles. We customers can always check for any discount a dealer can give.

I guess, Rythmik are fairly priced for the quality and performance they offer. Rythmik LV12F is priced MRP 82600 and the model is widely compared with PB2000 in performance by Audiophiles. We customers can always check for any discount a dealer can give.

Can i expect a 20% on this? They are offering the product at mrp which does not go down my throat. There are huge margins on these products and like offering no discount imo is monopolistic behaviour.

The KEFs do their bit quite well stereo (music) and L/R (movies).
Now that AVR has calibrated the 3.1, maybe I should listen to music thru the AVR with sub turned on.
Will do and let you know.

Cheers,
Raghu

Tried an A/B experiment
Expt A: CCA --> Marantz IA (preout) --> Outlaw Audio --> KEF R300

Expt B: CCA --> Marantz AVR (preout) --> Outlaw Audio --> KEF R300 (plus Marantz AVR (subout) --> Onkyo sub)

Tune set (picked because of decent base content and I am very familiar with these)
Fight For Your Mind - Ben Harper
Nothing Else Matters - Metallica

Yes the IA chain excels as it is. No calibration, just in-out with volume.
The AVR with sub makes the listening comfortable but lacks oomph; possibly because calibration does some optimization.
At times I felt the bass was a wee bit muddy. All said, it is quite good for background listening (like when one is working).

On Metallica number, the first thump of kick drums is a proper whack on IA chain; on AVR chain it was a bit underwhelming.
On the Ben Harper number, the bass/drum notes were tighter on IA chain as compared to AVR chain.
It may just be the preamp section of IA (or I am hopelessly biased towards the IA :p)

As stated earlier, the AVR + sub is a boatload of fun for movies.
Hope this helps.
Cheers,
Raghu

Can i expect a 20% on this? They are offering the product at mrp which does not go down my throat. There are huge margins on these products and like offering no discount imo is monopolistic behaviour.

If you take the three popular subs in the forum - BIC 200 PLII, SVS PB1000 and Rythmik L12, they are priced in the US at 300, 500 and 539 USD. In India, they are priced at 44k, 67k, 60k INR. So the Rythmik is the best priced, and the BIC the worst priced relative to their home market.

For the next range, SVS PB2000 and Rythmik F12 - US prices are 800 USD and 980 USD and India prices are 1.07 Lakhs and 96k.

Of course this is just a price comparison, what suits you better from a performance basis is a personal choice.

A good benchmark with the dollar at 70, is any product sold at an exchange of 100 to the US pricing is fair. Higher pricing can be termed unfair, and lower a bargain.

If you take the three popular subs in the forum - BIC 200 PLII, SVS PB1000 and Rythmik L12, they are priced in the US at 300, 500 and 539 USD. In India, they are priced at 44k, 67k, 60k INR. So the Rythmik is the best priced, and the BIC the worst priced relative to their home market.

For the next range, SVS PB2000 and Rythmik F12 - US prices are 800 USD and 980 USD and India prices are 1.07 Lakhs and 96k.

Of course this is just a price comparison, what suits you better from a performance basis is a personal choice.
Exactly what I was thinking.. BIC 200 PLII is the worst priced sub. Not VFM when u compare the US price. And its now 49k MRP :eek:

60k for Rythmik is without tax. 71800 for 12lvf is without tax.
Pb1000--67k with tax
Rythmik L12- 72k with tax.
If you are checking at avenuesound then once u checkout they'll add gst.

Guys
Please help!
So things have gotten a little confusing.
Pb1000--54000
Sb1000--54000 ( stocks not available all over india next shipment due in march)
Sb2000--73000
Rythmik-- maybe better but not getting good price and also not much sellers so will have to let go of this maybe down the line may think of upgrading to this!

Now after talking to 2 reps at SVS both suggested sb variant according to my room. One said sb1000 wud be good and the other said sb2000. Both of them said that ported wud be a little over for my small room. He suggested sealed if my choice was split like 50:50 music movies. He said if u particulary want for movies go with ported version then.
The person from whom i am buying is saying that he'll anyhow arrange sb1000 but that wud need some sort of flexing from his end as the stocks are out and we cant expect the shipment till march.
But contsantly i have been suggested by ppl here that pb is better as compared to sealed.
Dealers distributors all have said that ported sells in double as compared to sealed.

Reading on the internet i have seen such mean comments like sb1000 interms of power might not stand anywhere compared to pb and all that stuff. It has become difficult to get a clear picture. I cant get a demo of both side by side which adds on to my problem.

Please help
@MaSh mash@ @sud98 sud @efernand1 @elangoas @Love4sound @shankara.kris @mshifi @HTuser @raghupb raghu @rpmahale
Sorry to have bothered you guys. I have tagged u for the first time like this but i am kinda in fix right now. And i dont want to miss out on that one sealed version available.

Thanks in advance guys.
Hope u guys can help.

Personally, I would go for a sealed sub in your room than ported one. So the option in my view is the SVS SB1000 or the rythmik L12. One at 54k and other at 72k, so svs would be the clear winner. With the SB1000, there is one for sale too, although that would require shipping, but would be the best deal. I did measure the PB1000, as well as hear it in my room and didnt like it. But the sealed one might be different. Others I havent heard, so only through secondary sources.

Personally, I would go for a sealed sub in your room than ported one. So the option in my view is the SVS SB1000 or the rythmik L12. One at 54k and other at 72k, so svs would be the clear winner. With the SB1000, there is one for sale too, although that would require shipping, but would be the best deal. I did measure the PB1000, as well as hear it in my room and didnt like it. But the sealed one might be different. Others I havent heard, so only through secondary sources.
Guys
Please help!
Pb1000--54000
Sb2000--73000
Rythmik-- maybe better but not getting good price and also not much sellers so will have to let go of this maybe down the line may think of upgrading to this!

Now after talking to 2 reps at SVS both suggested sb variant according to my room. One said sb1000 wud be good and the other said sb2000. Both of them said that ported wud be a little over for my small room. He suggested sealed if my choice was split like 50:50 music movies. He said if u particulary want for movies go with ported version then.
The person from whom i am buying is saying that he'll anyhow arrange sb1000 but that wud need some sort of flexing from his end as the stocks are out and we cant expect the shipment till march.
But contsantly i have been suggested by ppl here that pb is better as compared to sealed.
Dealers distributors all have said that ported sells in double as compared to sealed.

Reading on the internet i have seen such mean comments like sb1000 interms of power might not stand anywhere compared to pb and all that stuff. It has become difficult to get a clear picture. I cant get a demo of both side by side which adds on to my problem.

Please help
@MaSh mash@ @sud98 sud @efernand1 @elangoas @Love4sound @shankara.kris @mshifi @HTuser @raghupb raghu @rpmahale
Sorry to have bothered you guys. I have tagged u for the first time like this but i am kinda in fix right now. And i dont want to miss out on that one sealed version available.

Thanks in advance guys.
Hope u guys can help.

Well seems ur way to confused already. Just have a demo of the sealed sub nd if it satisfies you just go ahead. Play your favourite tracks nd some good action scenes. Trust your ears nd be the judge

Last edited:
Well seems ur way to confused already. Just have a demo of the ported sub nd if it satisfies you just go ahead. Play your favourite tracks nd some good action scenes. Trust your ears nd be the judge
Do dealers give home demo, as its difficult to judge a sub in some other room. All the options given including the BIC are quality subs. The problem is in a smaller room, some can be overwhelming.

Exactly what I was thinking.. BIC 200 PLII is the worst priced sub. Not VFM when u compare the US price. And its now 49k MRP :eek:
Yeah they keep increasing the price. I got it during december for 38500 and mrp was around 43999. Now the mrp is 49999 thrice the actual cost. If they keep increasing it will loose its charm.

Do dealers give home demo, as its difficult to judge a sub in some other room. All the options given including the BIC are quality subs. The problem is in a smaller room, some can be overwhelming.
As i stated not available for demo anywhere. Its a stockout situation for sealed. Otherwise i wud have kept them both side by side and compared and wud have chosen which i liked be it that it had even zero votes. Sound is as relative as it gets.

Exactly. Demoes are appes to oranges. Different subs at different places is no valid comparison.

I am not sure but the rythmik L12 is sold for 60k and not 72k. Please check the link below
http://avenuesound.in/shop/product/rythmik-audio-l12-home-subwoofers/

Guys
Please help!
Pb1000--54000
Sb2000--73000

With your choices listed and the budget in hand, i think you are left with SVS PB 1000 / SB 1000.. If it would be one single sub in the room, then ported may be better for the ability of higher SPL over sealed sub..

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back