• Svs sb1000

Votes: 10 17.9%
  • Xtz 12.17( will buy based on reviews)

Votes: 9 16.1%
  • Single Bic america pl200 and save some cash

Votes: 13 23.2%
  • Dual pl 200 and extend my budget a little

Votes: 3 5.4%
  • Rhythmik l12( will buy based on reviews))

Votes: 17 30.4%
  • Velodyne impact 12

Votes: 2 3.6%
  • Elac s10.2

Votes: 2 3.6%

• Total voters

Akshit2111

Guys
Give your votes!

Please do mention a few words about your choice.
It'll help me narrow down my search :)

Room is 13×12×9---1404 cubic feet

My placement of hts is in the breadth of the room rather than length of the room. If asked i may share the pictures.

Since your room is very small, I would buy single BIC pl 200 and call it a day! Win win deal from cost to performance ratio!
Thanks for placement info of HTS. The layout of your room is more or less a Square shaped which is really tricky for optimal subwoofer set up but the size the room would probably favor you well with the subwoofer placed in corner position (1 to 2 feet away from side wall and 10 to 15 inches away from back wall)

Last edited:
Since your room is very small, I would buy single BIC pl 200 and call it a day! Win win deal from cost to performance ratio!
Thanks for placement info of HTS. The layout of your room is more or less a Square shaped which is really tricky for optimal subwoofer set up but the size the room would probably favor you well with the subwoofer placed in corner position (1 to 2 feet away from side wall and 10 to 15 inches away from back wall)

Sharing a pic :)
You may be able to guide a little better.

Attachments

• 20181123_171812.jpg
    20181123_171812.jpg
    452.7 KB · Views: 158
Sharing a pic :)
You may be able to guide a little better.

Nice set up. From the looks of it, you've got a polk line of speakers ( with Polk rti a7 floorstanders) and that's awesome man.
Option 1 (preferred) - Although there is space crunch, we could still go ahead to place it at the spot where we see black cabinet exactly below the mirror with the sub aligning its angle with left floorstander (i.e slightly faced in)
Option 2 - Thought about moving the whole system inwards towards right - It probably wont work because TV and speakers go out of phase.
Option 3 - On the right hand side, sub placed close to the cabinet (corner placement is not advisable since the sound stage is far away to feel any impacts.

I would have to say its an overkill to have floorstanders 13*12 room :)

I recommend sealed subwoofer for your room size.
Ideally SB2000 so that you won't miss out on lower bass.

Since you are having RTi A7, you need a subwoofer which produce quality deep bass.
Upper mid bass can be handled well by A7 itself. You can check various crossover points and decide the one suits you.

Guys
Give your votes!

Please do mention a few words about your choice.
It'll help me narrow down my search :)

Room is 13×12×9---1404 cubic feet

My placement of hts is in the breadth of the room rather than length of the room. If asked i may share the pictures.
Ur room size is similar to mine with mine being slightly bigger. I am keeping the sub volume knob just above minimum not even to one level. In the avr sub volume is at -12 which is the minimum nd lfe effects -5 nd master volume is just -30. Both movies nd music my room is filled with strong nd powerful bass. So audition the bic pl200-ii nd the svs pb 1000 which will suit ur room

Nice set up. From the looks of it, you've got a polk line of speakers ( with Polk rti a7 floorstanders) and that's awesome man.
Option 1 (preferred) - Although there is space crunch, we could still go ahead to place it at the spot where we see black cabinet exactly below the mirror with the sub aligning its angle with left floorstander (i.e slightly faced in)
Option 2 - Thought about moving the whole system inwards towards right - It probably wont work because TV and speakers go out of phase.
Option 3 - On the right hand side, sub placed close to the cabinet (corner placement is not advisable since the sound stage is far away to feel any impacts.

I would have to say its an overkill to have floorstanders 13*12 room :)

Thanks shankara
Ya thats rti a7's.
You may be right about the overkill part but i will extend my room in near future.
I have some space to the side of my couch Like between the side wall and the couch that may be a good placement option.

Attachments

• 20181216_133701.jpg
    20181216_133701.jpg
    424.3 KB · Views: 60
I recommend sealed subwoofer for your room size.
Ideally SB2000 so that you won't miss out on lower bass.

Since you are having RTi A7, you need a subwoofer which produce quality deep bass.
Upper mid bass can be handled well by A7 itself. You can check various crossover points and decide the one suits you.
Given the room size what do u suggest sb1000 wont be good? Like down the line when ill extend my room ill get one more and be done with it :)
Wat say?

Ur room size is similar to mine with mine being slightly bigger. I am keeping the sub volume knob just above minimum not even to one level. In the avr sub volume is at -12 which is the minimum nd lfe effects -5 nd master volume is just -30. Both movies nd music my room is filled with strong nd powerful bass. So audition the bic pl200-ii nd the svs pb 1000 which will suit ur room

You know what! i like the way sealed subs look! Like sb1000 imo is a killer looking sub. As much as i love sb i hate pb(sheer bulk). I know we really shud nt be prioritising aesthetics but if sb is suitable i kinda wud want to go that route.
A good question-- can we go dual with sealed and a ported sub

I just know one dealer in delhi who wud be carrying bic and that too i cant trust their demos!

For your room size SB1000 will be just ok. But when you extend it won't be sufficient.

If you refer frequency response of 24Hz-260Hz (-3dB), it not touching the 20Hz.
I also feel 300W amp for 12" driver is not sufficient enough if you are going to listen to medium to high volume level.

From the size point, only around 1" difference is there in HxWxD between SB1000 and SB2000.

You can go dual with 2 sealed or 2 ported.
The result of mixing Ported + sealed will depend on various factors. If there is a possibility we will have to physically install them and tune them and see. Most of the time people don't recommend mixing them.

If at all we are using Ported+Sealed, we need to select same brand, same driver size and same amp capacity to keep variables to the minimum.
For example : mixing PB2000 and SB2000

You know what! i like the way sealed subs look! Like sb1000 imo is a killer looking sub. As much as i love sb i hate pb(sheer bulk). I know we really shud nt be prioritising aesthetics but if sb is suitable i kinda wud want to go that route.
A good question-- can we go dual with sealed and a ported sub

I just know one dealer in delhi who wud be carrying bic and that too i cant trust their demos!
As per my knowledge if music is ur only priority you can go for sealed subs. For movies and music ported will be the best choice. Yes you can go dual but always buy one sub do all the tests in ur room first nd only if u feel u need more even, smooth nd loud bass go for dual

For your room size SB1000 will be just ok. But when you extend it won't be sufficient.

If you refer frequency response of 24Hz-260Hz (-3dB), it not touching the 20Hz.
I also feel 300W amp for 12" driver is not sufficient enough if you are going to listen to medium to high volume level.

From the size point, only around 1" difference is there in HxWxD between SB1000 and SB2000.

You can go dual with 2 sealed or 2 ported.
The result of mixing Ported + sealed will depend on various factors. If there is a possibility we will have to physically install them and tune them and see. Most of the time people don't recommend mixing them.

If at all we are using Ported+Sealed, we need to select same brand, same driver size and same amp capacity to keep variables to the minimum.
For example : mixing PB2000 and SB2000

At this point of time what i am more concerned about is my budget than space. Given that i have rtis what shud i be doing? Shall i wait a bit before i arrange more funds and get sb2000?

As per my knowledge if music is ur only priority you can go for sealed subs. For movies and music ported will be the best choice. Yes you can go dual but always buy one sub do all the tests in ur room first nd only if u feel u need more even, smooth nd loud bass go for dual

Thats what ends up happening. Music movie ratio of 80:20 is what ends up happening. Usually m listening to songs casually after a day of work but i do like watching movies as well.
Will sealed be that bad for movies?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back