Subwoofer Purchase Help..!!!!

rakheelavigne

Dear HFV'rs,

Looking to buy an active sub woofer to pair it with the following

Jamo S626 5.0 package hooked with a Marantz SR 6008

Usage would be: 80% MOVIES & 20% MUSIC...

I went through hifi mart and avenuesound and sorted some active subs based on my budget (25-30k).

a. Taga - TSW-200 Active Subwoofer (28k on avenue sound)
b. Wharfedale D10 Subwoofer (28k on hifimart)
c. Boston Acoustics ASW 250 (23k on hifimart)
d. Taga Harmony Platinum SW-10 v.2 Active Subwoofer (29k on hifimart)

I am more inclined to 12" TSW 200, as per my understanding more the Bass driver "size higher would be the bass effect..:p:p:p:p .. :eek:hyeah: U can prove me wrong.. no hard feelings :eek:hyeah::

Please clarify me ::: :sos:

1. Had anyone auditioned or is using Taga? If so request ur expert reviews on it.. Is Taga a reliable brand?
2. If not please suggest me a SUB from the above list
3. or any other active subs that suits my configuration and within my budget range.
4. Also comment your customer experience in buying from the above sites .

Eagerly waiting for your advice.

Thanks in advance

~~ :cheers:R@kesh.

Hi

Have heard the Wharfedale and Boston subs...would recommend them. They produce low frequencies between 30hz onwards till 150hz....

As for Taga, they seem to be promising as they seem to produce frequencies below the 30hz limit...I was disappointed when HiFi Mart said they are not available for Demo....

Subs which can produce lower frequencies below 28hz....23hz / 24hz are punchier and have more depth.....yes the cone size does matter and so does the kind of sub...ported or sealed...down firing or front firing.....

Usage would be: 80% MOVIES & 20% MUSIC...

I went through hifi mart and avenuesound and sorted some active subs based on my budget (25-30k).

I think Taga Harmony Platinum SW-10 v.2 should be from the below list..

a. Taga - TSW-200 Active Subwoofer (28k on avenue sound)

Bass Driver: 305mm (12"), Frequency Response: 25Hz-250kHz, Weight (net): 21.2 kg pc.

b. Wharfedale D10 Subwoofer (28k on hifimart)

Drive Units 1 x 10" (250mm) cone long-throw, Frequency Response (+/-3dB) 35Hz - 150Hz, Net Weight 14kg

c. Boston Acoustics ASW 250 (23k on hifimart)

Bass Driver 10 (254mm) Deep Channel woofer, Frequency Range 28Hz 150Hz, +-3dB, Weight 32 lbs (14.51kg)

d. Taga Harmony Platinum SW-10 v.2 Active Subwoofer (29k on hifimart)

Bass Driver: 255mm (10) 2 x ?156 magnet, polypropylene cone, THAW, TSAC, Frequency Response: 20Hz-200Hz, Weight (net): 26.5kg pc.

I am more inclined to 12" TSW 200, as per my understanding more the Bass driver "size higher would be the bass effect..:p:p:p:p .. :eek:hyeah: U can prove me wrong.. no hard feelings :eek:hyeah::

Of all the subs you have listed, Taga Harmony Platinum SW-10 v.2 Active Subwoofer weights almost double of the rest at 26Kgs.. My thinking is this sub might offer something that the others might not.. Try to get an audition if possible..

If you want to play it safe, you can always settle for the establish brands :eek:hyeah:

As per elangoas analysis, I too would suggest to go for Taga Harmony Platinum SW-10 v.2 Active Subwoofer as it is heavy which is good for SW and also can go upto 20Hz which is very very good for that price.
If you want to play it safe, then you can go for Boston Acoustics ASW 250. You may also consider Velodyne Impact10/12 Subs, they are good value for money.

Last edited:
Hi Rakhee
I think we are sailing in the same boat. Polk audio psw125 Rs.24000 Polk dsw550 34k. in HT store. I really wondered about the price of DSW550. this sub has 4 mode room eq setting, remote and goes low up to 23Hz.
I thing TAGA Harmony platinum sw10 uses class AB amplifier which consumes more A/C power when compared to Class D Amplifier. Now a days every one switched to Class D in subwoofers even sonodyne. I'd really missed the used polk psw125 from our forum member for 12k.

Velodyne Impact 12 or Polk DW660 for the power and punch below Rs 35000. No one measures up to them.

BIC F12 was awesome.

Taga Platinum SW 10 looks to have continuous phase adjustment. Is that a premium feature would be helpful in placement and when used with another Sub ?

Wharfedale WH s10se also sounded great recently at DNI.

Last edited:
Hi,

ProFx offers 10-15% off on mrp...fellow member Celester340 and a few others purchased the DSP Pro 550w....

BIC America F12 / H100ii are basic subs but are great performers...heard them and with 7 years warranty offered..it seems to be great!

Thanks buddy for the explanation.. trying to look for an audition

I think Taga Harmony Platinum SW-10 v.2 should be from the below list..

Bass Driver: 305mm (12"), Frequency Response: 25Hz-250kHz, Weight (net): 21.2 kg pc.

Drive Units 1 x 10" (250mm) cone long-throw, Frequency Response (+/-3dB) 35Hz - 150Hz, Net Weight 14kg

Bass Driver 10 (254mm) Deep Channel woofer, Frequency Range 28Hz 150Hz, +-3dB, Weight 32 lbs (14.51kg)

Bass Driver: 255mm (10) 2 x ?156 magnet, polypropylene cone, THAW, TSAC, Frequency Response: 20Hz-200Hz, Weight (net): 26.5kg pc.

Of all the subs you have listed, Taga Harmony Platinum SW-10 v.2 Active Subwoofer weights almost double of the rest at 26Kgs.. My thinking is this sub might offer something that the others might not.. Try to get an audition if possible..

If you want to play it safe, you can always settle for the establish brands :eek:hyeah:

As per elangoas analysis, I too would suggest to go for Taga Harmony Platinum SW-10 v.2 Active Subwoofer as it is heavy which is good for SW and also can go upto 20Hz which is very very good for that price.
If you want to play it safe, then you can go for Boston Acoustics ASW 250. You may also consider Velodyne Impact10/12 Subs, they are good value for money.

Definitely will consider ur suggestion buddy and will try to look for an audition for the above said brands

Hi Rakhee
I think we are sailing in the same boat. Polk audio psw125 Rs.24000 Polk dsw550 34k. in HT store. I really wondered about the price of DSW550. this sub has 4 mode room eq setting, remote and goes low up to 23Hz.
I thing TAGA Harmony platinum sw10 uses class AB amplifier which consumes more A/C power when compared to Class D Amplifier. Now a days every one switched to Class D in subwoofers even sonodyne. I'd really missed the used polk psw125 from our forum member for 12k.

Yeah markraj..

I have regretted to him even missed the PSW 125..that was a gr8 sub.. psw125 was available for Rs 25600/- here in hyd pro fx 3-4 months back but recently prices are hiked up i guess and now its costing >40k as per some online sites

and are purchases from HT store reliable?? just saw and its available for 25k wil plan to purchase it.. i have auditioned it.its a huge sub and sounds great..wat r ur thoughts on this??

@Sanloyn

Thanks for the reply, Boston Acoustics ASW 250 sounds great and has a tight bass.. will have to check with velodyne

Hi,

ProFx offers 10-15% off on mrp...fellow member Celester340 and a few others purchased the DSP Pro 550w....

BIC America F12 / H100ii are basic subs but are great performers...heard them and with 7 years warranty offered..it seems to be great!

Thats a great deal and warranty wise they seem to be better.. BIC F12 is on my wishlist but expensive as per my budget :D

Prices showed in HT store site are without tax. i have missed that. I'd read some good reviews about HT store. No buying experience.
BIC acoustec PL200 & f12 does'nt have Right & left Inputs. It has only LFE input.

Prices showed in HT store site are without tax. i have missed that. I'd read some good reviews about HT store. No buying experience.
BIC acoustec PL200 & f12 does'nt have Right & left Inputs. It has only LFE input.

yeah agree with you..have checked for some popular subs and they seemed to be out of stock :sad:

Hi

The Boston ASW250 seems promising....a couple of years back I used the 8 inch down firing one which was part of the Soundware XS 5.1 set...it was decent enough...this is a 10 inch version....

I then changed to the Boston ASW650 which was truly awesome, compact front firing 10 inch one....used for 2 years then sold it....sadly it is no more available.

The Taga platinum subwoofer as per specs seems quite nice, sad no audition available....

The BIC America H100ii has high level inputs

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back