Subwoofer-Rythmik LVX12 versus FVX12 versus fvx 15 HP

Anyone professing dual subs should upgrade their knowledge and not just blindly recommend "go dual on every Subwoofer thread".
This is doing more harm than good.
It might be helpful in some cases and can be deteriorating in some.

Without integration skills.. single sub or dual sub .. doesn't matter as both are blind shots but the dual sub option comes with an almost sure shot drop in SPL and increased complexity of integration and higher expense.

Hope it helps.

Any subwoofer irrespective of the brand needs calibration.
Calibration is a basic and mandatory requirement for good bass.
There's no sub which can play well without calibration.
Requirement of calibration depends on the space.
@prateekatasniya Your point is very true. Any subwoofer or any HT setup needs calibration. A home theater system which undergoes goes calibration would obviously provide better overall sound quality. However what if we have all the skills and technology to calibrate perfectly but what if the AV equipments are of inferior quality? I believe its both the Quality of a product plus calibration is essential to have a great Audio setup. As a layman I would First choose a best quality product with fair price-point with help of reviews and advises from others and then think of calibrating the system.

Last edited:
Anyone professing dual subs should upgrade their knowledge and not just blindly recommend "go dual on every Subwoofer thread".
This is doing more harm than good.
It might be helpful in some cases and can be deteriorating in some.

Without integration skills.. single sub or dual sub .. doesn't matter as both are blind shots but the dual sub option comes with an almost sure shot drop in SPL and increased complexity of integration and higher expense.

Hope it helps.
Thanks,
This is one of the major reason I will go for single sub only as of now. Since in India, especially in my location, I don't have option to test in my home and return sub, I will first find out how my sub is performing and do I need dual sub. In the process I will gain some experience as well with regards to tuning

Thanks,
This is one of the major reason I will go for single sub only as of now. Since in India, especially in my location, I don't have option to test in my home and return sub, I will first find out how my sub is performing and do I need dual sub. In the process I will gain some experience as well with regards to tuning
Yes always go for one superior sub rather than 2 less avg subs. Later if reqd one can upgrade to duals with similar model.

@prateekatasniya Your point is very true. Any subwoofer or any HT setup needs calibration. A home theater system which undergoes goes calibration would obviously provide better overall sound quality. However what if we have all the skills and technology to caliber perfectly but what if the AV equipments are inferior quality? I believe its both the Quality of a product plus calibration is essential to have a great Audio setup. As a layman I would First choose a best quality product with fair price-point first with help of reviews and advises from others and then think of calibrating the system.
Definition of fair price point is screwed in India..
This pushes the dealers to sell at prices at which providing calibration services included in the price becomes impossible..
So everyone is concentrating to compete on prices without caring about the end performance the consumer is achieving.
And the consumer is concentrating on fair price for a box ( subwoofer) none is concentrating on fair price for the bass results they are getting.
A 40k subwoofer with calibration can sound better than a sub worth 1 lakh without calibration in small size room in many cases.

I see people getting subs are great discounts.. specially getting dual subs at great discounts and aspiring to achive great bass with it.

Example: getting dual subs worth 2.3 lakhs for around 1.8 lakhs and considering it a great deal price wise. But what about performance?
In many cases they could actually achieve better performance by hiring services of a installer (with knowledge) as such installers can help achieve great bass within their budget(1.8 lakhs in this case). however such installers might not give discounts on the product or give discount and then charge for the calibration services.

Now its upto the consumer to choose a product at great price or choose great bass at the same price.

Good luck

Another question, a bit out of topic.
My area has frequent power cuts. Though generator back up is there I want to avoid switching.
In this regard, is a line interactive ups (.2-.3ms switching time)better than online ups(0 switching time).
I got to know from other threads and forums that since online ups always gives power from battery it may not be very suitable for AV equipments since it requires clean power with higher current.

I am looking at 2kva models from APC with similar price points

Definition of fair price point is screwed in India..
This pushes the dealers to sell at prices at which providing calibration services included in the price becomes impossible..
Worldwide, the installation (we could say calibration in our case) services are priced separately. Sometimes they are bundled or offered for free (like AC installation in Deewali sale etc), but otherwise I don't think any manufacturer is pricing sub/speakers with calibration services included.

So everyone is concentrating to compete on prices without caring about the end performance the consumer is achieving.
This is the phenomenon for all cosnumer goods, ain't it? This is further complicated by online shopping, forums etc and one doesn't even bother that a knowledgeble sales person can help better than online reviews or forum rants. But, can we expect knowledgebale sales persons now-a-days?

And the consumer is concentrating on fair price for a box ( subwoofer) none is concentrating on fair price for the bass results they are getting.
Vast majority of the customers are assuming that they will be able to plug in the sub and acheive decent results once they get the box home. They may not even be aware of the types of bass like "chest pounding mid bass" etc.
This is further complicated by the fact that most of these boxes are being imported with in the purview of complicated tax laws, high tax rates and not so black-n-white trade practices (grey market) etc. The consumer is confused/irritated and a fair price is like icing on the cake here.

A 40k subwoofer with calibration can sound better than a sub worth 1 lakh without calibration in small size room in many cases.
In most cases, a person with small room may likely afford a 40k sub and not a costlier one. There will be exceptions ofcourse. We always tend to go for the best we could afford, assuming the user experience will be better as we spend more.
Now, sub/speaker matching to room requirements not being an exact (or easy) science and skills/equipment not widely available, should one really bother to master it or otherwise try to hire those rare skills?

I see people getting subs are great discounts.. specially getting dual subs at great discounts and aspiring to achive great bass with it.
Well, discounts are always market/supply-demand driven. Same is the case with dual subs. But I feel dual subs is more of an exception than norm. I know many people with stero/HT setups but just one or 2 with dual subs.

however such installers might not give discounts on the product or give discount and then charge for the calibration services.
I have not come across any such installers who advertise their skills for hire or otherwise provide such calibration business. There are some ads on olx etc, but credibility is a ? Do we have such installers? what are the charges?

Now its upto the consumer to choose a product at great price or choose great bass at the same price.
Consumer will always want the best bang for his buck and will choose the product accordingly. Ex: While I am looking to upgrade my AVR, what I read/heard mentioned that Audessy XT32 is way better than next lower level Audessy calibration, and this one feature is worth to go for the higher version AVR. Not even once I came across any thing that mentioned, "screw the XT32, go with cheaper AVR and hire an installer to setup the HT components". And everytime I change/upgrade a componet, shall I call him/her again? None of the dealers I spoke with mentioned anything remotely about installation services that they provide and are included in the item cost. There you go... I chose the AVR with XT32.

This may change when such skilled installer can bring a dramatic significant change in what we hear without altering the room dynamics (furniture, windows etc) and such services are available widely (and hence cheaper).

Good luck
May I request all the experts to share a list of FAQs with answers and/or Sub-buying-installation/calibration-101 along with the steps involved in getting the best bang for our buck and the best bass out of our subs. Best of luck.

If such a thread could be made, we could ask mods to make it a sticky.

The xtz 1x12 is another sub that can be considered. It's rather good with movies and music and is available for 94k

The XTZ is the Jack of all trades and the Rythmik is the master of Music and SVS is the master of Movies. Pick which ever you want.

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I finally purchased rythmik FVX12. Been listening to it for about a week now.

Cool, congrats. How is it and please do share as to how you've integrated it into your room?
Hi,
I have not yet done subwoofer crawl. But used audessey xt32. However, it bottomed out my subwoofer ( even though I kept gain at less than half) and set my crossover at 40. I did multiple test and found that my crossover was best suited at 80/90. I manually changed subwoofer volume at-3db. I intend to do subwoofer crawl this weekend. But it is pretty heavy. My fronts are audio vector QR1 bookshelves which as per rating can go down to 45 Hz.

Can you suggest any other way to improve subwoofer experience ( though I am pretty happy with what I am getting now)

Hi,
I have not yet done subwoofer crawl. But used audessey xt32. However, it bottomed out my subwoofer ( even though I kept gain at less than half) and set my crossover at 40. I did multiple test and found that my crossover was best suited at 80/90. I manually changed subwoofer volume at-3db. I intend to do subwoofer crawl this weekend. But it is pretty heavy. My fronts are audio vector QR1 bookshelves which as per rating can go down to 45 Hz.

Can you suggest any other way to improve subwoofer experience ( though I am pretty happy with what I am getting now)
I recenly got the FVX15 and had to travel, so haven't played with it yet. I will also have to do it from scratch, with trial and error. I do anticipate that its going to be overkill for my space and hence would be more difficult to tame, so to speak as placement options would be limited due its monster size. But it certainly looks imposing.

Hi,
Thanks a lot for your suggestions. I finally purchased rythmik FVX12. Been listening to it for about a week now.
Pardon me for reviving and old thread I am curious about the difference in performance for the lvx12 vs the fvx12. Apart from cone material every thing is the same. Have you heard both and found any difference?

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back