Subwoofer Suggestion for my Setup!!

On a relevant note our FM @subhash felt that Sonodyne 1012 outperformed his SVS SB 2000. At least here its ported vs Sealed comparison. I am not the right person to comment on any of the subs though :)

On a relevant note our FM @subhash felt that Sonodyne 1012 outperformed his SVS SB 2000. At least here its ported vs Sealed comparison. I am not the right person to comment on any of the subs though :)

I may not say Sonodyne outperformed SVS sub , but it's really good sub for the money. it's sounding real LFE to me.
For me Sonodyne sub still sounds good for LFE , but only thing is it lacks power due to my power addition to my LCR speakers.

Probably i can think of dual Sonodyne 12" sub which will fit exactly to my budget. Need to check this.

The XTZ 12.17 Edge do go audibly much lower than a sealed sub. I had a SB2000 before , during the Atmos Amaze demo when the scene says powerful bass there was nothing audible at all with the SB2000 whereas now the XTZ 12.17 Edge gives a very much audible and phsyically felt bass during the same scene.

Yes the 1012 shakes everything which
the sb2000 never did.
Was using dual sb2000, it no where comes close.

I may not say Sonodyne outperformed SVS sub , but it's really good sub for the money. it's sounding real LFE to me.
For me Sonodyne sub still sounds good for LFE , but only thing is it lacks power due to my power addition to my LCR speakers.

Probably i can think of dual Sonodyne 12" sub which will fit exactly to my budget. Need to check this.
Not too sure which 12" sonodyne sub you are reffering to.
The sub 1012 (dual) which comes under Sub series has plenty of power.
Dint understand what you meant by power addition to LCR

Thanks @Love4sound . Yes i was definitely expecting XTZ or SVS will be sounding more great deep bass. Their specs are far superior than sonodyne. But they sounded like mid bass to me in the demo and they are super powerful to paralyze hands when touching :)

For example SVS sounded like : powerful--> HHHMMM. (because of big ported box)
XTZ sounded like : powerful--> hhhmmm
My Sonodyne Sub : less powerful -> hhhhhhhhhhhhmmmmm..... (which is supposed to be correct LFE sound , but lacks power)

I thought something to do with phase control in sub in the demo and I also tried increasing this till mid position , and little up. still same sound.
Any other specific settings i have to try ?. I will try again same with placement /and any settings again.

Just get the sub 1012 ,if possible get 2 of them...it will be better than the foreign counterparts.
As i owned the def tech trinity for more than a decade, am pretty happy with the dual 1012 & would say i don't miss the trinity anymore.

Not too sure which 12" sonodyne sub you are reffering to.
The sub 1012 (dual) which comes under Sub series has plenty of power.
Dint understand what you meant by power addition to LCR
I am refering to sonodyne RoarR 1312 Sub which got better power than my 10" Sub.
Adding dual will give much power equalent or might be better than XTZ or SVS with the cost of their single subs. Need to check this.
I am carefully evaluating ,because i do not want to fall in to upgrade path again :)
Power Addition : I have hooked up Emotiva Gen-3 3 channel power AMP to power my front LCR speaker, they sound excellent. But my Sub became too weak now.

I am refering to sonodyne RoarR 1312 Sub which got better power than my 10" Sub.
Adding dual will give much power equalent or might be better than XTZ or SVS with the cost of their single subs. Need to check this.
I am carefully evaluating ,because i do not want to fall in to upgrade path again :)
Power Addition : I have hooked up Emotiva Gen-3 3 channel power AMP to power my front LCR speaker, they sound excellent. But my Sub became too weak now.
I am referring to the sub series 1012 not the roar series.
It will be better & you will save a lot of cash too... dont have to upgrade for long.

Got it ,read your earlier post on adding the emotiva power blocks...had missed it earlier.

The XTZ 12.17 Edge do go audibly much lower than a sealed sub. I had a SB2000 before , during the Atmos Amaze demo when the scene says powerful bass there was nothing audible at all with the SB2000 whereas now the XTZ 12.17 Edge gives a very much audible and phsyically felt bass during the same scene.
Plus one to this....my powered monitor srp 800 was putting out more bass then the sb2k

I am referring to the sub series 1012 not the roar series.
It will be better & you will save a lot of cash too... dont have to upgrade for long.

Got it ,read your earlier post on adding the emotiva power blocks...had missed it earlier.
Sure will check this. Thanks.
Will there be any diff in ROAR series ... looks like it can go down till 25 hz ,and other one till 30hz.
Apart from it , looks similar

But ROAR is cheaper than Sonodyne 1012 Sub :)

Last edited:
Sure will check this. Thanks.
Will there be any diff in ROAR series ... looks like it can go down till 25 hz ,and other one till 30hz.
Apart from it , looks similar

But ROAR is cheaper than Sonodyne 1012 Sub :)
Apart from price ,it differs in build quality
& connection wise the 1012 is fully balanced (a true professional sub with multiple connection options one would ever need)
I havent heard the roar series...the 1012 is thier top of the line sub so should be better

Apart from price ,it differs in build quality
& connection wise the 1012 is fully balanced (a true professional sub with multiple connection options one would ever need)
I havent heard the roar series...the 1012 is thier top of the line sub so should be better
Have you heard any ported sub from svs/xtz? If yes how it compares to 1012

Anybody using 15" sub in the home setup ?.
Ryhtemik 15" sub seems to be good.

My room size is 16*10. Would it be overkill to my room size ?

Anybody using 15" sub in the home setup ?.
Ryhtemik 15" sub seems to be good.

My room size is 16*10. Would it be overkill to my room size ?
Definitely no overkill. But you will need to treat the room cause it digs low. A better option will be to go duals. Also adding a mini dsp will be much better with the dual set up. You like Sonodyne so you can try dual in same brand which isn’t expensive.

Definitely no overkill. But you will need to treat the room cause it digs low. A better option will be to go duals. Also adding a mini dsp will be much better with the dual set up. You like Sonodyne so you can try dual in same brand which isn’t expensive.
Sonodynes good... Since its my upgrade path , thought of going with more powerful sub which would be future proof when i upgrade my front LCR Speaker :) , yes it costs 40% more than dual sonodyne subs. Still i am checking , not decided on anything...

Sonodynes good... Since its my upgrade path , thought of going with more powerful sub which would be future proof when i upgrade my front LCR Speaker :) , yes it costs 40% more than dual sonodyne subs. Still i am checking , not decided on anything...
Ok if you have space to accommodate dual subs do consider going dual.

Sorry just seen this thread. So don't know if this has been mentioned before :)

Sub bass output and in your gut bass slam are different. The difference is in the Eq curve. That is why subs beyond a price point come with PEQ adjustment built in. The idea being that once the sub has been calibrated with the AVR to correct for room induced anomalies. Then the sub can be voiced to taste, with its inbuilt EQ.

My wife tells me, that there is only so much space in our living room that it can either accommodate a sub or me :D

So obviously I have a very small sub, which is actually an insult on proper subs, to even call it one :D

But those of you who have a proper sub with PEQ correction, can please try the below and please share for the benefit of others. As this is not the first time, Iam reading of users mentioning that svs has soft bass, without that thump :)

SmartSelect_20200917-020825_Chrome.jpg

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back