Suggest a good integrated amplifier

prashanth14485

Hi experts,

I am planning to build a stereo setup and below is my budget for each component. Please advise me on systems I should consider/audition. Thanks a lot in advance for all your suggestions!

1. Integrated Amplifier - Rs 30000
2. Pair of Bookshelves - Rs 20000 - 30000 (Currently considering Quad 11L but open to giving other options a try)
3. CD Player - Rs 20000 - 25000

Max Budget - 90K

I understand that my budget is pretty low but sadly this is all I could afford for now. I look forward to your valuable responses.

Prashanth

Thanks a lot Reddymail.. your suggestions once I googled and read about them, makes so much sense.. Will try to audition them and get back to you with my thoughts..

thanks again.. have a good one!

If you have a pc, use that as a source, add a sound card, save money on the cd player and add it to get better speakers.

the ushers s520 are supposed to be really good. once you decide on the speakers audition amps that will match it. for that level of system you dont need to spend 20k on the cdp. you get entry level cdps from cambridge and marantz for around 12k i believe

try cambridge audio amp and cd player - they are good and affordable........

Pls audition the NAD 326BEE and Cambridge Audio Azur 650, both are in your budget range and have excellent reviews.

the ushers s520 are supposed to be really good. once you decide on the speakers audition amps that will match it. for that level of system you dont need to spend 20k on the cdp. you get entry level cdps from cambridge and marantz for around 12k i believe

Could you help me with some model numbers for CA and Marantz "entry level CDPs"? I am very keen to know which ones are available at around 12K mark :eek:hyeah:

Could you help me with some model numbers for CA and Marantz "entry level CDPs"? I am very keen to know which ones are available at around 12K mark :eek:hyeah:

Check DVD99 of cambridge audio...costs around 13k and has good audio quality...

Since you are in the initial stages of decision making, that why .......

For amplifier: consider the Topping TP20 Mark 2
Costs (landed): Rs.4000. Place an order on ebay.

For speaker: settle for the high end Klipsch (big) bookshelf RB 81 II. This is a high sensitivity >93 and high impedance 8 ohm type.
Cost: @ Rs.55-60,000

For CD player: CA

Import the amplifier first, then carry it along (weighs less than 1 kg) to audition the speaker.

Get in touch with Psychotropic in the forum to know the wham of the above.

lol. you can check out the cambridge audio ca 340 or 350 (whichever available). nad has the c515. am sure marantz has something as well. dont hold me to the 12k mark (havent checked in a while) but should be there abouts.

Check DVD99 of cambridge audio...costs around 13k and has good audio quality...

DVD99 is not a CDP (quite literally ;) )

lol. you can check out the cambridge audio ca 340 or 350 (whichever available). nad has the c515. am sure marantz has something as well. dont hold me to the 12k mark (havent checked in a while) but should be there abouts.

Thanks, will check. Not realling planning an immediate buy as such. Playing CD on philips DVDp using digital coax out.

Question: If DVDp passes digital out to AVR for its DAC conversion, will a higher DVDp (Marantz 4001, CA DV99, Pioneer 420) or entry CDP (as afj listed above) give better sound if I use AVR DAC in those too?

Since you are in the initial stages of decision making, that why .......

For amplifier: consider the Topping TP20 Mark 2
Costs (landed): Rs.4000. Place an order on ebay.

For speaker: settle for the high end Klipsch (big) bookshelf RB 81 II. This is a high sensitivity >93 and high impedance 8 ohm type.
Cost: @ Rs.55-60,000

For CD player: CA

Import the amplifier first, then carry it along (weighs less than 1 kg) to audition the speaker.

Get in touch with Psychotropic in the forum to know the wham of the above.
==============================================

dear avidyarthy,

the gentleman requires to know which integrated amp.. he is quite clear in his choice.

A topping , in my opinion, can never have a good bottom end. If it were that good.. there would be no role for integrated amp at all. A toppoing has its place in the sun.. but not for this application.

Sensitivity - a speaker is sensitive to what is fed to it. If there is not much bottom end coming from the topping amp then what use is the sensitivity ?

The gentleman is clear in his budgets as well.. i see no sense in advising him something drastically different from what he wants.

regards,
mpw

======================================================

Hi experts,

I am planning to build a stereo setup and below is my budget for each component. Please advise me on systems I should consider/audition. Thanks a lot in advance for all your suggestions!

1. Integrated Amplifier - Rs 30000
2. Pair of Bookshelves - Rs 20000 - 30000 (Currently considering Quad 11L but open to giving other options a try)
3. CD Player - Rs 20000 - 25000

Max Budget - 90K

I understand that my budget is pretty low but sadly this is all I could afford for now. I look forward to your valuable responses.

Prashanth
==============================================

Prashanth,

your budget is quite fine. For 90k .. and the fact that you appear to be quite clear in your choice of a stereo setup.. you could do well to audition a few amps and speakers in delhi. Once you do a few auditions with your CD's then re-visiting this thread and studying other similar threads will help you take a decision.

There are many brands avialable in the market.. i may advise one thing.. somebody may advise another.. best thing is to get off the internet and hop into a good audio dealer in Delhi and treat your ears to some serious music. Then if you have any more doubts etc.. you may re visit this thread. That way your information search will have more depth.

Regards,
mpw

I should be getting the Topping in another 10 days, if no hiccups in the postal dept. come in due to the CWG.

Have also to make up my mind as to whether the speakers should be S30 or SL30 or RB 51II or MA BR/BX2 ... maybe, a couple more choices. Then, would be in a position to 'state' what is what as Psycho has reported on his NAD versus Topping experience.

You see, there is a lotta difference between ones "opinion' on heresay, as compared to having heard it at someones place or owning one on a long term for serious listening ........... :)

it would be all the more enlightening for the group if you would post your suggestion to the OP after you heard the topping for sometime. The OP was quite clear in his desire for integrateds and there is no point in suggesting a detour.

One can rant and rave about the topping etc.. but the topping belongs to a different category. The integrateds are a different category and the tube ampe are another category. There are no 2 ways about that.

Good luck with your topping amplifier.

mpw

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back