Suggest a home theater setup

ryanrulez4ever

Hi Guys

i bought a Sony 42W800A recently which i shall be using a monitor with my system, i need a sound solution as i shall be buying a PS4 and XB one the day it releases
and my usage is mainly 50% music, 50% Movies , my room(bedroom) size is 10 * 10 and i need a setup which supports 3D and i need best audio quality with 4 device connectivity,
my main mphasis is sound quality and ability to play files via USB drive

im a noob to hometheater setups , im not sure if i need a 2.1 or 5.1, i dont have any AVR with me

My budget is 50k,

also please suggest the best place to audition and buy the same in bangalore , i shall be making the purchase tomorrow

Last edited:
Ok. You can audition various HTIB's. Onkyo (3400/3500/4505) - Modernworld domulur. (less than 45K)
Yamaha HTIB's - Thomson - IndiraNagar (less than 33K). Denon - Profx MGRoad (less than 33K). You can check at Profx for separates. You may also visit profx.com before you wish to go there.
For music - Denon takes the lead. Onkyo and Yamaha known for movies.
With 3D support, connectivity you have to go for separates. Because HTIB's are usually limited for expansion.
If you want separates - do increase your budget.

Last edited:
You can audition at Profx for your 5.1 setup. If you have limited budget go with 3.1 now and later add your surrounds.

I will suggest to go with separates...that means an AVR and 5.1 Speakers. Since you are into music and movies equally I will suggest you to go for Yamaha.
For speakers you can audition audition satellites as well as bookshelf speakers....satellites will be sufficient according to your room size.

what seperates would i get in a budget of 60k including avr ? please list down few models so that i can audition them and then take a decision, i dont think i shall be upgrading later, my bedroom size is small as well

how does polk RM6750 With DENON AVR 1513 AV receiver sound ?

Last edited:
Hello friends,

I have a similar query regarding 5.1 speaker system. How is the BA soundware xs5.1
compaired to the sonodyne genie 1 speaker system with a sonodyne sub? Which one will suit better for a living room of size 12 X 12 feet. Which one has a better soundstage & crisp sound for movies:music (60:40) with a denon entry level AVR? Thanks in advance.

Also , are the more expensive systems like wharf DX1 or the definitive tech Procinema 600 / Paradigm cinema 110 much better sounding for a sat system compaired to BA xs5.1 & sonodyne genie series. Very much confused regarding which speakers to buy??? Kindly help..

the best answer here would be to audition & decide for yourself, you being the end user.
I myself had bought the DX1 for 39k earlier this year & considered them really worth the price at the time but to be honest dnt think they are worth 63k (the current price). That is my individual opinion off course.

i agree with you,the best answer here would be to audition & decide for yourself, you being the end user.thanks
20.gif

i bought Denon X1000 Avr and Tannoy V1 , have received the AVR and theres a wait time for 2-3 weeks in bangalore for the Tannoys

i chose Tannoy over Magnat / Wharfedale, now waiting for the Tannoys to get delivered after which i shall decide on the Center and sub

How is bandridge when it comes to cables ? i bought 5 metres of those and banana plugs worth 150rs each

the best answer here would be to audition & decide for yourself, you being the end user.
I myself had bought the DX1 for 39k earlier this year & considered them really worth the price at the time but to be honest dnt think they are worth 63k (the current price). That is my individual opinion off course.

hi Deepak! Where you got DX 1 for 39k? Its 63K at Hifi mart, that too its not available. Thanks

i auditioned Tannoy V1 and Wharfedale 10.1 , 10.2 and 122, but the Tannoy V1 was love at first sight dont know how long it would take for the stock to arrive here in bangalore, they said 2 weeks and today the dealer said by 10th

i have few questions :
1) I have a creative titanium 5.1 card and HDMI output on my Nvidia 580 GPU, what would you suggest i connect to my AVR for better sound quality HDMI from my GPU or Optical from creative sound card to x1000 ?
2) Suggestion for a good center and sub to go with Tannoy mercury V1, my budget would be 40k for both , looking at the 10 x 10 room size, i do have space constraints so if the Subs and center could be compact nothing like it, i did checkout couple of velodyne and magnat subs, but they were huge in size 10inch,

Last edited:
first of all congratulations on your purchase.....
1. I will suggest to go with optical cable root cause if you are using XBMC as media player it solves a lot of issues..
2. go for Tannoy VC as a center cause front speakers should be in harmony so choosing the same brand make sense.....and about SUB you can go with Velodyne, Astonia or Roar

Hi Abhijeet

i wasnt gonna use XBMC infact i didnt know about it, thanks for referring about it, it seems like ive found the player ive been looking for

1) if i use optical audio out to avr from the soundcard , how would the video signals only pass ? cos HDMI = audio + video together
2) how are V4s treating you ? i still have an option to upgrade to V4 if i wish before i get the delivery, wouldnt they be an overkill for a room size of 10 * 8 ?

1. you can connect hdmi of your PC directly to the TV or you can connect HDMI of your PC to the AVR. In the either case you have to go to your AVR settings and select audio in as optical and you have change your PC setting for optical out......
2. Tannoy V4s are the best speakers in this price range, I am completely satisfied with their performance.....
but as per your room dimensions I will suggest you to stick with V1 as fronts and add satellite speakers as your surrounds later...

Seems like the Tannoy mercury V1s will take 2 more weeks for delivery, i dont wish to wait that long any alternatives ? wondering if i should pick wharfedale 10.1s instead do i have any alternates in same budget my usage is

50% music - Rock / Classic rock / AOR / Glam metal / blues / 80s
40% movies
10% gaming

im going for a Dali zensor 1, shall be picking it up tomorrow from the store , so far reviews seem to rave for this BS, hope it lives upto its expection :)

I am sure you will not be disappointed! I am using a pair in my bedroom with Marantz CR503 purely for music.
Are you taking the complete 5.1 package?

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back