Suggest a Network Media Player as per my specifications

gurucahaithanya

Hi All,

Can you guys please suggest a Network Media Player with following specifications:

1. Gigabit Ethernet
2. HDMI 1.4 (3D media playback supported)
3. Internal HDD support (Good NAS capabilities)
4. Torrent Client (Well featured)
5. Stable functioning
6. Support of most formats
7. USB 3.0 (Optional)

Budget should be less than 12,000 Rs (Indian or US price)

Most of my requirements can be met by having two separate devices like NAS and Media Player. But I want only one device.

Hoping to get quick suggestions.

1. Gigabit Ethernet
2. HDMI 1.4 (3D media playback supported)
3. Internal HDD support (Good NAS capabilities)
4. Torrent Client (Well featured)
5. Stable functioning
6. Support of most formats
7. USB 3.0 (Optional)

HDMI 1.4 and USB 3.0 have not yet come in media players. NAS will never come. The rest are available.

Cheers

You could use a Popcorn Hour with a 2TB internal HDD like a NAS, since it can also be accessed on a network.While not a full blown NAS it will be "NAS like"..

Build an HTPC. That is the only suggestion I'll give. No media player supports 3D.

WD Live Hub supports 3D playback and has HDMI 1.4.

But in Live Hub, NAS (like) functionality is crippled and no Torrent Client is available. And also the Gigabit Ethernet is also crippled and max at 20MB/s.

HTPC is not a solution considering the power usage. I want something which can be kept ON forever.

I did lot of search, as of now it seems that two devices will somewhat satisfy me specifications.

Like a 1TB Buffalo NAS Drive and A.C Ryan Playon HD2 Mini Media Player. But still it lacks HDMI 1.4 and no USB 3.0.

Last edited:
You may consider the following

Extreamer Prodigy (based on Realtek chip)
features not available - 3D & HDMI 1.4a, Bit torrent (couldn't find in the specifications), NAS functionality? (can be connected to a PC and internal HDD can be accessed)

A C Ryan FLUXX (uses Interl Atom processor)
features not available - 3D & HDMI 1.4a, Bit torrent (couldn't find in the specifications), NAS functionality?, USB 3.0

Sigma design SMP chip based media players are considered superior than Realtek chip based players. Intel Atom based player is new in this category.
I suggest you consider Popcorn Hour and Dune HD media players as well.

I am not sure where you got this information from, but their website specifications does mention either 3D nor HDMI 1.4.

Cheers
Hi Venkat,

Please goto WD TV Live Hub
And click on Features links. But support for 3D playback is not mentioned (may be added as part of future firmware updates).

<Snippet>
HDMI 1.4, composite video and component video output.

The HDMI port lets you connect to the highest quality HDTV or home theater. Additional composite (RCA), and component outputs ensure compatibility with virtually all television sets.
</Snippet>

Or See the image: http://www.wdc.com/global/images/products/livehub/ov/WDTV_Live_Hub_page_comp900_21.jpg

Last edited:
The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back