Suggest me a hand drill

Kannan_madhu

please suggest me a economical drill which can be used to drill cabinets , heat sinks and for drilling wall to fix screws once in while .I have no idea about them and what wattage to take . Thanks in advance .

Go for "Bosch" or "Makita" with 13 mm chuck size. I am using "Bosch" without any kind of problem. Dont go for 10 mm chuck size as for RCA sockets (specially PCB Mounted) you will need 11.5 mm drill and with 10 mm chuck size you will not be able to drill size if required more than 10 mm.

I suggest you to use these bits for sheet metal drilling... (either with a 10 mm or 13 mm chuck) variable speed is a must.

Step Drill
These drill bits have a stepped profile and can cut a variety of diameters and are great for metal sheets of up to 1/8 inch thick. Each step in the drill enlarges the previous hole to a perfect round, which other wise not possible with a twist drill.

1536649579211.png

Sir,
Also try and consider rechargeable drill, where you can carry on your small works wirelessly. Or if you want a stronger and sturdy model please go as @hydrovac and @ Sadik suggested. Makita drills are quality machines, and so more on the price range

If you are looking for power drill. KPT has well build quality. And what will be your primary usage? Cordless drill with high volt will cost more.

I'm a happy user of Skil model 6513. Half inch chuck, variable speed, hammer action for drilling on concrete + regular for steel it wood.
But equivalent Bosch or Makita or Black and Decker or Hitachi will all serve you equally well.

i've been using 13mm chuck size Black and Decker . running just fine.
as hydrovac mentioned, get those stepped drill bits - safer and effective compared to regular bits.

Thanks for the suggestions , for me its very limited use may be doing one or two amps in a year or hanging some pic frames in the wall thats all my use . So the quality is going to be big issue for limited use ?

Bro.. Even if the use is limited i would suggest you to go for a Branded instead of cheap Chinese stuff. Now a days the branded are also manufactured in China but still they maintain their quality.

Bosch GSB 501 I have this drill machine. Chuck size is 13mm, variable speed, suitable for wood, metal and concrete.

From user experience I'd vote for Bosch. I have been using Bosch variable speed drill for many years. It's is one of the best you can get without burning a hole in your pocket.

i have been using bosch gsb re 10 mm. it has hammer action for masonry (wall concrete) drilling, and good variable speed and is reversible.

I have Black & Decker, Bosch and Makita all are equaly good, The only big difference is first two are made in china where as Makita is made in Japan.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back