Suggest me an upgrade to my Himedia Q5 Pro...

Naveen_Reloaded

This player is still running and working wonderfully well.

I thought i will upgrade my player and get a new one from U.S (since my bro is coming in few months)

Suggest a good player which can play 4k videos , HDR10 / 10+ , DV files etc ..and play all kinds of HD-audio... atmos ..etc without any problem.

I mostly run my movies off my usb ext hdd.

Dont like streaming from prime..etc.

how is nvidia shield pro 2019 ?

This player is still running and working wonderfully well.

I thought i will upgrade my player and get a new one from U.S (since my bro is coming in few months)

Suggest a good player which can play 4k videos , HDR10 / 10+ , DV files etc ..and play all kinds of HD-audio... atmos ..etc without any problem.

I mostly run my movies off my usb ext hdd.

Dont like streaming from prime..etc.

how is nvidia shield pro 2019 ?
N vidia pro .or X Box one s.
I feel X Box one has netter sound especially the soun seperation ,bass and vocal clarity.
I have both .now I'm using x no for hdd downloaded content, Netflix and prime.
I feel nothing beats it .can play download 80 gb flawlessly
.it's built in media player is excellent only problem being I'm unable to get subtitles with it.
I tried everything which is on Google but no results.
Can someone please help me.
You can get pre-owned X Box one s for 18-20 k.
Not series s or X

I too have both Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 and Xbox Series X.

Go gor Nvidia shield, sure Xbox has slightly better sound but it doesn't support true HD files through HDD. Those true quality Blu ray files are useless to then. Hoping to get this fixed soon.

Nvidia shield is really capable device. Throw anything at it and it will play with Kodi or any other good players which are available.

I too have both Nvidia Shield Pro 2019 and Xbox Series X.

Go gor Nvidia shield, sure Xbox has slightly better sound but it doesn't support true HD files through HDD. Those true quality Blu ray files are useless to then. Hoping to get this fixed soon.

Nvidia shield is really capable device. Throw anything at it and it will play with Kodi or any other good players which are available.
Hi X Box supports true hd files.ypu need to change that in setting.7.1 uncompressed
Atmos and also dts.x.
I'm playing those files on xbox one
With Kodi I find trouble playing true hd file.but with media player I don't face any problem

i want something android and not closed source.
i never trusted these closed sources.

Zidoo any good ? or nvidia shield pro 2019 ?

Hi X Box supports true hd files.ypu need to change that in setting.7.1 uncompressed
Atmos and also dts.x.
I'm playing those files on xbox one
With Kodi I find trouble playing true hd file.but with media player I don't face any problem

Hey thanks for the update, I remember last time when I checked I was not able to play Dolby Atmos True HD. This was before getting the Nvida Shield.
I checked it now, can confirm my Xbox series X with Media Player, Movies & TV, VLC all play Dolby Atmos True HD and DTSX Imax Enhanced movies too.

But Media Player has a horrible gray banding which is black usually. Movies & TV when I try switching to DTS crashes the Xbox. Some DTS MA movies I am not able to play at all, this is on all 3 software which play easily on the Nvidia Shield.

Someone having a Xbox now and wants to go for Shield, would suggest stick to Xbox now. Things were different back then.

If someone doesn't own any of these can go with Xbox, you get to play games too on it.

I own the zidoo z9x , it supports 4k with HDR , DV . ATMOS. DTS Etc , it is a very good product for offline content
Can you tell me where nvidia pro is lacking ?

Also any frequent hiccups with zidoo z9x ? In my current himedia q5pro , i sometimes have this weird audio playing at stereo , i need togo change something in kodi to make it play in 5.1 ,etc.
Is there such issues ? or all files run perfectly ?

Since i will be getting a lg oled ,i want a media player which can take full advantage of the TV ..

Can you tell me where nvidia pro is lacking ?

Also any frequent hiccups with zidoo z9x ? In my current himedia q5pro , i sometimes have this weird audio playing at stereo , i need togo change something in kodi to make it play in 5.1 ,etc.
Is there such issues ? or all files run perfectly ?

Since i will be getting a lg oled ,i want a media player which can take full advantage of the TV ..
The shield only supports DV in mkv & mp4 format using plex, which can be hit and miss on the other hand zidoo plays these formats without any issue , the only problem I faced with zidoo is with DV UHD Iso & BDMV where the menus do not work all the time.

On the audio front I have not faced any issues, the built in software for media playback is quite good , not as fancy as kodi but good.

I use the player with a 65" CX LG oled and am quite satisfied with the performance

Back