Suggestion for a 4K TV that upscales 720p/1080p well.

neel

Looking for a budget 4K TV (need not be Smart) preferably with IPS panel that can upscale 720p/1080p videos reasonably well. Any suggestions for 55"/65" models?

It's very tricky to recommend something in that budget cause the Tv's that fall under that budget upscale just average even 1080p looks meh. The only Tv that manages decent enough upscale is LeEco 4k Tv but due the problems they are facing I do not recommend you buy that.
However, if you ready to spend to 80k I suggest you add 20k more. LG UH850T is the Tv you are looking 98k for 50 inch model. Has all the features will easily be up to date for next 3 years.

It's very tricky to recommend something in that budget cause the Tv's that fall under that budget upscale just average even 1080p looks meh. The only Tv that manages decent enough upscale is LeEco 4k Tv but due the problems they are facing I do not recommend you buy that.
However, if you ready to spend to 80k I suggest you add 20k more. LG UH850T is the Tv you are looking 98k for 50 inch model. Has all the features will easily be up to date for next 3 years.

I gather more and more TV makers are pulling out of 3D and Curved TVs. So I am thinking of buying a 3D TV so as to not to loose this feature (have quite a few 3D titles), although it may not find very frequent usage. Since 3D is included as a desired spec, I would ideally like a larger screen 55" or 65". In this context I demoed LG 55 UH850T and found it very satisfactory, but the price was 1.62lakhs in LG showroom. Where did you get the quote of 98K for LG 49 UH850T (presuming this is the 49" model you are referring to)?

Yep Like I said before I was talking about the 50 inch model. The price I mention was on Amazon from the their seller at that time they also had some offers which made the Tv cost 91k with extended warranty of 3 years. Also if you can wait the launch of newer models will lower the prices of 2016 lineup

If you are going for LG , try Girias. My Friend in Bangalore seems to have got a good deal for the 850 model (nearly a lac).

Reliance Digital is quoting 1.55 lakhs for 55" with twisting wall mount and usual LG stuff (1+1 year panel warranty). Will try Girias. Still wondering should wait for OLED price drop. The black levels here are impeccable.

All 4k tvs should upscale channels with ease and equally well.
In the budget you had mentioned I have just bought an INTEX4k 55 for 60.5k inr,its simply awesome,upscaled hd channels are of 4k quality and the audio is amazing,I've become addicted to this tv and am watching 3 movies a day on hd channels,even cutting short my job
For you,I would recommend Lg 55 770 t for 1.2l in shopclues or the 49 incher for 85k inr
If you are going to stretch your budget beyond 1.5l for a 4k tv,then an OLED tv is only 50 k more.

Last edited:
All 4k tvs should upscale channels with ease and equally well.
In the budget you had mentioned I have just bought an INTEX4k 55 for 60.5k inr,its simply awesome,upscaled hd channels are of 4k quality and the audio is amazing,I've become addicted to this tv and am watching 3 movies a day on hd channels,even cutting short my job
For you,I would recommend Lg 55 770 t for 1.2l in shopclues or the 49 incher for 85k inr
If you are going to stretch your budget beyond 1.5l for a 4k tv,then an OLED tv is only 50 k more.

Glad you are hooked up to Intex and it is making you happy. Anything known about their customer care/service?

I live in a district headquarters,I have an intex service centre half a kilometre away,so should you.
If you log into their website,you can check if you have a service centre around.

If you are going for LG , try Girias. My Friend in Bangalore seems to have got a good deal for the 850 model (nearly a lac).

Since I had a previous purchase history with Girias, I could do a bit of negotiation with them ( a bit, not too much). And have placed the order.
Thanks for all the input.

Recently my bro bought an sony 8300 43 inch model for 79k rs it is simply a superb telly you could find a 8500 model series in sony.

How much did it cost did you get any freebie?

I got this TV - 55" LG UH55 850T - from Girias for 1.5Lakhs after a prolonged demo on various features. The deal included free flexible wall bracket (worth 4k), LG SH4 wireless sound bar and subwoofer (worth 20K, this is on offer in Reliance Digital but only with 65" model and not 55"), pack of 4 blurays (worth 4K), total interest free emi for 12 months, no processing charges, with credit card cash back of 5000 and 2nd year warranty for the panel (this is on with every dealer until 31March). I took the TV along with me without waiting for them to deliver, after verifying factory seal. Installation was done within 24 hours by LG technician along with a demo. The soundbar and blurays will be delivered in two days time. Was it a reasonable deal?

Yeah reasonable deal don't worry about after sales services LG is ****ing awesome in providing service and assistance at reasonable price.

I got this TV - 55" LG UH55 850T - from Girias for 1.5Lakhs after a prolonged demo on various features. The deal included free flexible wall bracket (worth 4k), LG SH4 wireless sound bar and subwoofer (worth 20K, this is on offer in Reliance Digital but only with 65" model and not 55"), pack of 4 blurays (worth 4K), total interest free emi for 12 months, no processing charges, with credit card cash back of 5000 and 2nd year warranty for the panel (this is on with every dealer until 31March). I took the TV along with me without waiting for them to deliver, after verifying factory seal. Installation was done within 24 hours by LG technician along with a demo. The soundbar and blurays will be delivered in two days time. Was it a reasonable deal?

Hi,

Trust you received the soundbar and the blurays.

I am looking to purchase the same TV in Bangalore. Would you happen to have the contact number of the Dealer?

Thanks in advance,
TP

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back