Suggestion needed regarding laptop purchase !

gudu

Suggestion needed regarding laptop purchase !

I need suggestion to buy laptop, which one good.

I will be using laptop for only browsing purpose.

I also want to know which companies offer discount on products purchased online.

My requirements:

1. Good battery backup/longetivity of battery - 6 hours backup, 1 to one and half year battery life.

2. Big screen 17 inch.

3. Big keyboard, so that typing can be easy.

4. Within max 30K.

5. Hope wifi bluetooth are all preloaded.

Like what is available on HIFIMART.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Gudu,

Laptop have a ample of good brands Like Apple,Sony,Acer,Lenova, Dell,Thoshiba,HP and the price varies according to the configuration.

Say i3 Processor+2GB RAM+500 HDD configuration+17 inch screen

Apple would could cost around 50k+
Sony30k+
lenova,dell would stand 25k+
Acer and samsung would cost low

I personally prefer THOSHIBA as the Thoshiba sound quality is good and would be under 25k

As your purpose is browsing, just try for 14inch or 17 inch laptop in acer or thoshiba and even Dell.

Finalyse the model and brand check in online store then walk over SP road and check for the better cost with warranty and free gifts.You have freedom of bargaining in realtime stores which is not available in Online untill they throw some offers and discounts
All the best for the purchase

BUDGET??????
What are your requirements?
Screen size
are you carrying it outside ? or most of the time home use
mav hdd size you want?
are you heavy surfer? I mean opening 40-50 windows?

is atom with 10 inch screen ok for you?

BUDGET??????
What are your requirements?
Screen size
are you carrying it outside ? or most of the time home use
mav hdd size you want?
are you heavy surfer? I mean opening 40-50 windows?

is atom with 10 inch screen ok for you?

My requirements:

1. Good battery backup/longetivity of battery - 6 hours backup, 1 to one and half year battery life.

2. Big screen 17 inch.

4. Within max 30K.

My requirements:

2. Big screen 17 inch.

4. Within max 30K.

you want tokep lap in home/ as 17 inches are very very heavy.again it isbig size so expensive .and to my knowledge 17 inch with 6 hours backup is difficult and expensive as bigger screen requires more power..
now what is ur take/

To make 17 inch last 6 hrs he would need to buy a separate 9 cell battery inctead of the standard 6 cell one. And I do agree that 17 inchers are very heavy unless you intend to spend a fortune for those high end macbook or intel slim pads.

To my knowledge Acer had longeveity problems but Toshiba makes quite hardy laptops. Samsung also makes quite good laptops at lower price points

Even I feel my 15.6" Toshiba laptop is bigger and heavier to carry. I should have gone for a 14". Toshiba laptop is VFM. Mine is two year old and still working fine for my needs like browsing, occasional movie watching and music listening.

As you have already gathered, a couple of your requirements are not matching - for example, a 17 inch screen will not support a 6-7 hours battery time, or will likely cross your budget substantially. So you might need some readjustments in your criteria.

Still, here are a few suggestions (with compromises on some points) -

Acer Gateway NE-56R Laptop (2nd Gen PDC/ 2GB/ 320GB/ Linux) (NX.Y1USI.005) - Acer: Flipkart.com

Toshiba Satellite C870-I0010 Laptop (2nd Gen Ci3/ 2GB/ 320GB/ No OS) - Toshiba: Flipkart.com

Lenovo Essential G580 (59-324064) Laptop (3rd Gen Ci5/ 4GB/ 500GB/ DOS) - Lenovo: Flipkart.com

If you are going to use it jost for browsing and the occasional email, go for a tablet. 17inch laptops will be heavy and inconvenient.

If you are going to use it jost for browsing and the occasional email, go for a tablet. 17inch laptops will be heavy and inconvenient.

+1 with NGDs views.

This really comes down to the individuals purpose. Today Laptops/Netbooks are designed to do a lot of things which really may not even serve your purpose.

With what you have mentioned "browsing purposes only" I think a Tablet will be fantastic. It really gets the job done.

Cheers, hope you get what you need.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back