Suggestions and opinions for rock-heavy metal amps and speakers.

Siro

Gday to everyone.I came across this forum a few days back and couldnt think of a better place to ask for suggestions for my first system that Im trying to put together.I dont own a turntable or a cdplayer,use my pc to play and stream music.A system especially for rock and heavy metal music,everything from deep purple,sabbath,priest to death,carcass,obituary.

Soundwise I dont like bass in my music thats boomy or exaggerated but should be controlled and tight.Balanced mids and crisp,crunchy highs.

Nothing on the high end concert level,audiophile grade but somewhere in the middle.My budget to start with is around 60-80k.

Ive homed in on Quad's Vena, Marantz PM7005 or NAD C326BEE/338 connected to Wharfedales 220/225 or Dali Spektors or Klipsch R-14 bookshelf speakers.Also plan to add a set of floorstanders powered by Crown's XLS1502/2502 amp later on,maybe a sub woofer too for the low deep rumbly bass.

For floorstanders I see Klipsch RFseries and KEF Qseries always come up in a discussion on metal speakers.Would Dali zensor's or spektor's be a better option than the others? How would Wharfedales 240 floorstanders sound with metal music?Monitor Audio's MR6?Any other recommendations.

I want to run the bookshelfs and floorstanders together,with a subwoofer.Is it possible to do that?Would I need a multi zone speaker switch connected to the poweramp?Im new to this and dont understand how audio systems work,kindly bear with me awhile.

Would this work out?Should I be getting some other amps or speakers?Id really appreciate your suggestions and opinions,it'll be a big help to narrow down my search and also if anyone could tell me where I can check out the amps and speakers somewhere in or around delhi.

Siro.

Last edited:
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back