Suggestions for 2.0 active speakers for PC

ShaQ.Blogs

Looking for a good pair of speakers to connect to a laptop (PC + in a small room).
Sub not required.

Budget about 10K - 15K. If its really good, then open to up my budget till 20K.
Not looking to source from outside. 230V available in India :)

What are my options, and what would you guys recommend?

Last edited:
Hi

I would suggest the Creative T20s or T40s which will fit in your budget and perform very well....(Dome Tweeters and Kevlar cone speakers)

Hope this helps

Looking for a good pair of speakers to connect to a laptop (PC + in a small room).
Sub not required.

Budget about 10K - 15K. If its really good, then open to up my budget till 20K.
Not looking to source from outside. 230V available in India :)

What are my options, and what would you guys recommend?

Audio Engine A2 is one that you can consider... Powered speakers....2.0, should do for your requirement...

I am not very sure if there are dealers for Audio Engine in india... The best you can get is from online stores....

Audioengine A2 Premium Powered Speaker System- White
are these guys reliable?

Dont wanna swipe my card and go running around.
So is it a website registered in India? If indian, and In case of issues, then I could go to consumer court.
Not sure how to check if website is registered in India.

are these guys reliable?

Dont wanna swipe my card and go running around.
So is it a website registered in India? If indian, and In case of issues, then I could go to consumer court.
Not sure how to check if website is registered in India.

I remember seeing a thread on the ProAudio home... Find that thread in the forum, you are close to the deal...

But i somewhere recollect that many users had given feedback abt them & they were good....

Yep - completely reliable. Have bought multiple things from them and have always received the stuff within 48 hours. Excellent customer service too.

are the Swan M200mkIII available here? what is the price like?
You can have them online, the retailer is official dealer for India. (No personal Connection)

Swan M200MKII

You can audition Bose also. I have been using Companion 2 Series II for almost 5 years now and never regretted.

Last edited:
how does the M200mkIII compare with the A2?
Both have pretty good reviews.

As you said that you need speakers for PC so I would recommend you Swan M200MKII as it comes under your budget too and more PC friendly considering you have a good source to match with the speakers.

Swan M200MKIII are more of a hi-fi speakers and upgraded MKII and meant to place on stands and for bigger rooms like 250~300 sq. feet.

Kindly do not compare M200MKII and MKIII to the A2 because as per our customer views and reviews, even the D1080-IV is equal to or may be better than the AE5.

It is very much sad to see that many people have bought Swans are not reviewing on forums.

Last edited:
I am a swan MKII owner and must say that I am happy :)
Really makes my day whenever I sit in front of my computer to work. They sing beautifully!

But cannot provide a comparison with A5s as I have not heard those.

I just checked the sizes. The Swans are like Godzilla in comparison to the A2. :eek:
Since I am looking for a small footprint, I am leaning heavily towards the A2.

However, I am looking to buy another pair in a couple of months. A really good one within 20K-25K budget. Leaning towards the swans for the second buy. It looks pretty kool!

I hope both have protection from the speaker magnets for devices around it.

Yep - completely reliable. Have bought multiple things from them and have always received the stuff within 48 hours. Excellent customer service too.

A2 is out of stock at Proaudiohome. Not sure when would it be available.
It mentions Coming Soon. Wonder how soon :indifferent14:

ordered for Swan M200MKII from HiFi Nage.

Lets see how it goes. As per website shipping is only on Monday/Thursday/Saturday.

On a negative note, MRP was mentioned as 16K, after checkout while purchasing 2K tax was added, after that next step another 2k was added as shipping cost, totaling upto 20K! 16K to 20K is a large difference.
I would like to see them being upfront, with the price being mentioned inclusive of tax and a link beside it which shows the shipping price right on the page of the item itself (IMO not being upfront is not being very ethical).

On a positive note, they do have a 10 day refund policy excluding shipping cost. Which is kinda jaw dropping being in India. Wonder if its just a gimmick (I think not).
Hope people don't misuse it!

Last edited:
I've had a few shocks with seeing how much the carriage would be ---if ordering stuff from abroad, but not including tax is a big No No.

Abhi, please listen and revise: we're telling you how not to turn off potential customers.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back