Suggestions for 2.0 active speakers for PC

ordered for Swan M200MKII from HiFi Nage.

Lets see how it goes. As per website shipping is only on Monday/Thursday/Saturday.

On a negative note, MRP was mentioned as 16K, after checkout while purchasing 2K tax was added, after that next step another 2k was added as shipping cost, totaling upto 20K! 16K to 20K is a large difference.
I would like to see them being upfront, with the price being mentioned inclusive of tax and a link beside it which shows the shipping price right on the page of the item itself (IMO not being upfront is not being very ethical).

On a positive note, they do have a 10 day refund policy excluding shipping cost. Which is kinda jaw dropping being in India. Wonder if its just a gimmick (I think not).
Hope people don't misuse it!

Hi!

If you buy from our website so the speakers shipping is only on Monday/Thursday/Saturday

If you buy from amazon so shipping is daily.

MRP of Swan M200MKII including VAT and shipping is 26991.09 as per current exchange rate for the Indian market.

It is obvious as we have an online store so we cannot list the products with MRP.

We are not getting that why HFV's customers are complaining about showing individual rates like VAT and shipping? We do charge cutomers the rate we show on the final step of checkout process. So the rates are not at all hidden :rolleyes:

Also see that no online store as well as offline store in India is this much generous to offer in-home audition trial, but we are providing such thing being in India. We hope that no one would take the advantage of our such generosity in India. Let see for how long we will be able to provide such policy.

I've had a few shocks with seeing how much the carriage would be ---if ordering stuff from abroad, but not including tax is a big No No.

Abhi, please listen and revise: we're telling you how not to turn off potential customers.

Hi Thad,

These speakers are big and heavy. Hence all the courier company levied the dimensional weight on these speakers rather than actual weight. Hence, the shipping charges are on the higher side, we are helpless here. BlueDart is the safest and slightly costliest shipping company of all the shipping companies.

Last edited:
We are not getting that why HFV's customers are complaining about showing individual rates like VAT and shipping? We do charge cutomers the rate we show on the final step of checkout process. So the rates are not at all hidden

Please understand that what we want to see is the final price. That is what I see on just about every on-line shopping site I use, even Flipkart (but carriage can be extra), so it is not different for India. The price before tax is entirely theoretical for us. It means nothing, as we cannot buy at that price.

Look at one of the European studio sites like Thomman.de. They quote prices without VAT because many of their customers are trade customers and either do not pay, or can reclaim that tax. They also include prices with VAT for the rest of us.

See the comment above: you have to quote inclusive price on Amazon, right? And people prefer that. Of course they do.

"Hidden" is hidden until it is revealed. If checkout comes with a shock, how many customers do you think just don't go any further at that point?

I am not complaining... I am taking the time and trouble to help you out with feedback that could improve your business and people's perception of it, because I hope you and Swan speakers succeed here.

The cost of carriage is out of your control, all you can do is to make it clear, up-front (not later) that it is charged extra to the price shown. Nobody minds that.

~

Last edited:
I agree with the above poster abhi. It would help. User is not tempted to see the prize only to see an added tax 2k later on. It would help if you mention price including taxes + indicate that shipping is extra. You are not doing anything wrong, but its just that people will not get turned off seeing 4k added to the price.

I ordered M50W from his Amazon store last week. Due to some problem between Amazon's shipping partners (Fedex and some other party), my order has still not left the home city (Gwalior). :sad: :mad: So out of frustration, I am cancelling the order. Abhi was helpful throughout and kept me updated with the progress. And I understand because he shipped the product on time (next day). It is Fedex's fault for not shipping thereafter.

Thinking of going back to my earlier choice: Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX. Any other option guys?

I agree with the above poster abhi. It would help. User is not tempted to see the prize only to see an added tax 2k later on. It would help if you mention price including taxes + indicate that shipping is extra. You are not doing anything wrong, but its just that people will not get turned off seeing 4k added to the price.

I ordered M50W from his Amazon store last week. Due to some problem between Amazon's shipping partners (Fedex and some other party), my order has still not left the home city (Gwalior). :sad: :mad: So out of frustration, I am cancelling the order. Abhi was helpful throughout and kept me updated with the progress. And I understand because he shipped the product on time (next day). It is Fedex's fault for not shipping thereafter.

Thinking of going back to my earlier choice: Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 THX. Any other option guys?

Dear Mayank and others,

We are considering an option to show the price on product page like:

Product price: INR so so
VAT: INR so so

The above 2 information would be shown to the customers on the product page itself and shipping would be calculated at the later stage.

Do share your opinion on this. :)

Product Price Rs....

(Including VAT Rs...)

Would be better. It is the price your customers want to see, and they will not experience disappointment at checkout. I've walked away from salesman, who, after the bargaining, take me to the till and give me a bill with added tax. Whether intended as a scam or not, it feels like it. Of course, I also learnt the lesson and now always ask for price including all taxes.

I think there are states in India that have different taxes? This must make it hard, if you have to apply them. Otherwise, an all-inclusive price is the best policy and the best advertisement.

Thanks for taking the suggestions on board and being open to discussion :)

Product Price Rs....

(Including VAT Rs...)

Would be better. It is the price your customers want to see, and they will not experience disappointment at checkout. I've walked away from salesman, who, after the bargaining, take me to the till and give me a bill with added tax. Whether intended as a scam or not, it feels like it. Of course, I also learnt the lesson and now always ask for price including all taxes.

I think there are states in India that have different taxes? This must make it hard, if you have to apply them. Otherwise, an all-inclusive price is the best policy and the best advertisement.

Thanks for taking the suggestions on board and being open to discussion :)

Dear Thad,

Noted.

I will consider these points with our web designer and it may take some time to get it done. When we sell products so we have to charge tax as per our state only and not per buyers state.

I am always open to suggestions and discussions and based on it, we started the in home audition policy as I remember that someone on this forum told that no one has auditioned swan speakers so it is very courageous task to buy speakers without listening and for which we have to add new policy which is in-home audition policy. :)

@abhi

yes, a price displaying tax inclusive would be great. good that you are open to the suggestion. It is better for both the buyer and hence, you! :)

@mayanks_098

Yes, we are doing so. Meanwhile, we have closed our speakers listing on Amazon as we have discussed with amazon many times and even created a case and they suggested us to close our speakers listing till they resolve all their issues with their shipping provider and the issues between amazon's shipping provider and FEDEX for our location.

Today, 2 FEDEX people come to us and I have told them that if it was bluedart so it would have been dispatched the same day and on this they said "hum kya kare phir".

The best logistic company we have encountered with till date is none other than bluedart, period.

@mayanks_098

Yes, we are doing so. Meanwhile, we have closed our speakers listing on Amazon as we have discussed with amazon many times and even created a case and they suggested us to close our speakers listing till they resolve all their issues with their shipping provider and the issues between amazon's shipping provider and FEDEX for our location.

Today, 2 FEDEX people come to us and I have told them that if it was bluedart so it would have been dispatched the same day and on this they said "hum kya kare phir".

The best logistic company we have encountered with till date is none other than bluedart, period.

That will be great. Same day or next day dispatch is must in this era of online shopping.

I have just called amazon for my speakers delivery and they said it will get deliver on 25th day end or 26th morning. hope they stick to their word.

FedEx tracking system shows they are in transit.

That will be great. Same day or next day dispatch is must in this era of online shopping.

I have just called amazon for my speakers delivery and they said it will get deliver on 25th day end or 26th morning. hope they stick to their word.

FedEx tracking system shows they are in transit.

Your order should have been delivered to you on 21st of March or at most and in extreme case on 22nd of March if it was ordered through our website and shipped through bluedart but since it was shipped using amazon's shipping partner where FEDEX was showing the only shipping provider so we had to ship it through FEDEX.

Dear Mayank and others,

We are considering an option to show the price on product page like:

Product price: INR so so
VAT: INR so so

The above 2 information would be shown to the customers on the product page itself and shipping would be calculated at the later stage.

Do share your opinion on this. :)

Glad to see a seller who respects customers issues and who is willing to consider suggestions.
Like i mentioned earlier, it is jawdropping to see someone offering in home auditions and have a 10 day take back policy (Only other person who offered in home audition that i remember of is One of the guys where i went to audition Dali Ikon near cox town...fraser town in bangalore.)

Way to go abhi!!

And yes regarding the price, we would definitely like to see the Final price.
It would also work out if Price is mentioned, followed by the price after tax and then a note immediately below mentioning shipping charges extra with a link to the various shipping modes and charges. Looking forward to seeing these changes.

On a lighter note, the website is easy to use and quite well designed and quite stable, dont see any crazy issues.
IMHO, you should try a lot more lighter color than black for the website. They usually are a lot more pleasing, and hence *unfortunately* too common.

Finally got my speakers today (Swans M200KII) ordered last monday (more like tuesday). So almost a week. Shipping was good. Undamaged, in two carton boxes. The guys delivered with no hassles. Delivered it and left.

Do note that, I havent heard many speakers in this range. Neither have i heard any active hifi speakers except for the Philips, bose, sony, creative ones. So basically I just went ahead and picked them based on reviews. I wasnt sure what to expect.

And oh boy, these things can definitely sing!!!!! The mid range on this is amazing. They also play quite loud. We tried this in our hall which is quite big (12x20 ish). Room filling sound for sure. Sure enough bass was lacking considering that it was a big room. But when close by gives a decent thump. But the bass I felt was decent (not completely "clean"). For that price expect some compromises. The mid range makes up for the lacking bass. I felt the mid range for this price is crazy. I have come across towers where the mid range is more laid back than on this one.

Much better than the list i mentioned in the list above. Have sony HT 5.1 which we had tried in the same hall much earlier. I thought the hall was giving issues and hence they sounded noisy. Comparing these, i now can recall and compare the sony was darn noisy!! Mid range was sad. Increase the volume and it plays loud but actually it was noisy more than playing loud. (Typical distortion from cheap amplifiers)

I havent gone to a detail to see if i can pick out instruments in the background, or try in a different room, much smaller. Check out how bass sounds in a much smaller room.

The speakers look pretty good which is a plus. Funny that they have provided a pair of gloves for it. Who on earth are gonna use gloves to handle a speaker? Downside, they leave finger prints big time (non wooden part).

...finally i didnt get this for myself but my parents rather. I am happy with my PSB towers and my DIY subs :)

Last edited:
Leave alone audio engine 2, even audio engine a5+ is not in the same league as swan M200MKII. Swan is way better. Infact, if you truly you want to beat MKIII then you need to spend 40-50k for the next level. Don't buy H5 though.

i did an unfair compare...with my PSB T6 towers.
The bass on my PSB's are so clean. The bass in this is muddled a bit.
The mid range on the PSB is a level apart. So clear.
Swans are decent, cant be compared with the T6. I think its a decent buy for that price. one should compare similar priced stuff to get an idea.

Last edited:
Finally got my speakers today (Swans M200KII) ordered last monday (more like tuesday). So almost a week. Shipping was good. Undamaged, in two carton boxes. The guys delivered with no hassles. Delivered it and left.

Well, a sigh of relief that FEDEX delivered you the product without any fuss though we have faced a lot of issues with amazon's shipping partner.

Thank you for your impressions, appreciate it. :)

Glad to see a seller who respects customers issues and who is willing to consider suggestions.
Like i mentioned earlier, it is jawdropping to see someone offering in home auditions and have a 10 day take back policy (Only other person who offered in home audition that i remember of is One of the guys where i went to audition Dali Ikon near cox town...fraser town in bangalore.)

Way to go abhi!!

And yes regarding the price, we would definitely like to see the Final price.
It would also work out if Price is mentioned, followed by the price after tax and then a note immediately below mentioning shipping charges extra with a link to the various shipping modes and charges. Looking forward to seeing these changes.

On a lighter note, the website is easy to use and quite well designed and quite stable, dont see any crazy issues.
IMHO, you should try a lot more lighter color than black for the website. They usually are a lot more pleasing, and hence *unfortunately* too common.

We are working on the pricing thing with the web designer, actually he is very very busy these days so he told us to wait a little(we don't want any other designer to work on our website as our current designer knows everything about our website so it would be a pain to explain each and everything to the new designer from the scretch).

The reason we have chosen black background is only this that we wanted some different approach in the overall looks, color and feel of the website. Work on website is the never-ended thing. :lol:

To be fair to both parties, his 10 day in home trial starts the day he ships out the order. Not the day it actually arrives at a customer's place.

This has also been written in fine print on the website. And this was a problem I faced a couple of months back too.

Overall, I recommend his shop though. He offers something which isn't available otherwise and is a friendly chap to deal with.

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back