Suggestions for Budget Media Player to run Full 3D ISO

coolcatric

Hello Fellas,

Need your inputs on which Media player should i buy ? The content to be played as below -

1. Full ISO 3D files (light menu will also do, but it should run in 3D)
2. MKV files (this should not be an issue)

Current Setup -

1. Benq HT1075 1080P 3D DLP
2. Onkyo HTS 3300
3. WD Media Player (runs ISO but not in 3D, only H-SBS it supports)

Look forward for your inputs.

p.s. - There are many Chinese manufacturers claiming to run any format (including H.265), any feedback on them ?

Appreciate if you can share links to suggested Media players ?

p.p.s - Do you fellas thing i should rather invest in a cheap computer for this purpose & run something like HTPC ?

Thanks & Peace !

No Budget then my recommendations top 3

1. himedia q10 pro
2. nvidia shield
3. minix U1
3. minix x8-h plus

Last edited:

1. himedia q10 pro
2. nvidia shield
3. minix U1
3. minix x8-h plus
Sam, what us your take on xtreamer prodigy? Any reasons why it does not figure in your list above

Thx
Athulan

1. himedia q10 pro
2. nvidia shield
3. minix U1
3. minix x8-h plus

Hi Sam,

I forgot to mention that i need pass through support for ATMOS & DTS HD MA formats.

Considering the above (and 4K support + 3D ISO playback in 3D) which box do you recommend.

Also, in one of the review i read that himedia Q10 pro is around 150$, however cant find it anywhere below 220$.

Thanks.

Hi Sam,

I forgot to mention that i need pass through support for ATMOS & DTS HD MA formats.

Considering the above (and 4K support + 3D ISO playback in 3D) which box do you recommend.

Also, in one of the review i read that himedia Q10 pro is around 150$, however cant find it anywhere below 220$.

Thanks.

himedia Q10 pro.

Q10 Pro supports all HD-Audio formats. Dolby True-HD, Dolby True-HD ATMOS, DTS:X, DTS-HD MA, 5.1/7.1 LPCM, DTS, and Dolby Digital AC3 can all be downmixed and bitstreamed (passthrough) using either the built in HiMedia video player app or any version of Kodi with HiMedia wrapper.

However this is still a new kid on the block, so will suggest to read first-hand reviews if you can find few.

Last edited:
Sam, what us your take on xtreamer prodigy? Any reasons why it does not figure in your list above

Thx
Athulan

see all these players are neck to neck if technicalities are concerned. All more or less have the same capabilities .... what I look to differentiate is , how good is the firmware and community support with these players. plus the UI, and few nitty gritties here and there. (like no openelec, no x86/x64, older Android version 4.4 on prodigy etc etc)

At 4th number I would like to add

4. Zappiti 4K

Last edited:

Now the budget comes!! ..:D ... There is reason budget is asked, before making recommendations ...... If budget is of concern that I would suggest, HiMedia H8 ..... supports DTS HD and DolbyTHD bit streaming, 3D BD ISO and you can get it for less than 100 USD.

Last edited:
Now the budget comes!! ..:D ... There is reason budget is asked, before making recommendations ...... If budget is of concern that I would suggest, HiMedia H8 ..... supports DTS HD and DolbyTHD bit streaming, 3D BD ISO and you can get it for less than 100 USD.

Apologies ;)

But will the Himedia H8 support Atmos, 3D ISO and H.265 ?

I have been trying to understand the differences between Himedia q10 pro and q5 pro, but without much luck. Do you have any inputs on that ?

Peace and thanks again !

Apologies ;)

But will the Himedia H8 support Atmos, 3D ISO and H.265 ?

I have been trying to understand the differences between Himedia q10 pro and q5 pro, but without much luck. Do you have any inputs on that ?

Peace and thanks again !

Yes for 3D ISO and H.265 and no to ATMOS, but that is the least of a feature I would bank my purchase on.

Difference between Q5 and Q 10, Q10 has space for internal HDD, more memory and coaxial support, thats all AFAIK

Last edited:
Yes for 3D ISO and H.265 and no to ATMOS, but that is the least of a feature I would bank my purchase on.

Difference between Q5 and Q 10, Q10 has space for internal HDD, more memory and coaxial support, thats all AFAIK

Hi Sam,

Well i think you are right. See the thing is i have 2 HT setups. One in India (for my dad) and one for self (currently in middle east).

While my setup in India is Benq HT1075 with Onkyo HTS3300 (which support only DTS HD MA at max, no ATMOS), this media player i am purchasing is for this setup.

My setup here is Samsung 55" with Onkyo TX-NR 737 (with Atmos), but i running from laptop (KODI) and dont plan to buy a media player.

What i was thinking that once i shift back to India with my setup, i will be using this newly bought Media player with my setup. But this is one year away :) at least.

Hence i think a cheap media player which can support DTS HD MA with 3D ISO & H.265 should make sense. In that regard you say the HImedia h8 the best ?

Don't shoot me, thanks ! :)

^^ Yes, and its well under your budget as well ....... :)... And having the gear to support ATMOS should not be the reason to go for a Media Player, the content should be the target, which still is in its infancy and hence would not bank my purchase on this feature as of now ......:)

No shooting needed ... :D

^^ Yes, and its well under your budget as well ....... :)... And having the gear to support ATMOS should not be the reason to go for a Media Player, the content should be the target, which still is in its infancy and hence would not bank my purchase on this feature as of now ......:)

No shooting needed ... :D

Hey Sam,

I noticed that there is no USB 3.0 on the Himedia H8, will that really make a difference as i plan to run movie by connecting HDD to this player.

Peace !

Hey Sam,

I noticed that there is no USB 3.0 on the Himedia H8, will that really make a difference as i plan to run movie by connecting HDD to this player.

Peace !

No USB 2.0 is more than enough to run all kinds of media including BD ISO, provided (IMP), you have a decent good quality external HDD or high-quality pendive with good read/write speeds ...

Hey Sam,

Peace !

No USB 2.0 is more than enough to run all kinds of media including BD ISO, provided (IMP), you have a decent good quality external HDD or high-quality pendive with good read/write speeds ...

Regarding H265, many media players claim they support but there is 10 bit H265 files that only few players Nvidia Shield would support. More files are now with 10bit H265 which most of the media players do not play.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back